Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote S: Tesla app for Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what hoops you think I'm suggesting Allen jump through. As it stands, he can't post at all unless he pays to be a sponsor. I'm suggesting that perhaps an agreement could be reached that would allow everything to go back to the way it was, provided Allen agreed not to attempt to market the app. That's not "jumping through hoops." It is giving up a bit of a freedom that he enjoyed, but not one that he enjoys at the moment, in order to be able to at least post on TMC again.

It sounded to me like you were suggesting that he would have to agree to some terms (which seems like they'd be "don't do what you're already not doing") in order to receive the boon of being able to keep helping us.

This has been resolved amicably, which I am happy to see.

Glad you are back Allen!

i bought your app. It's faster than the Tesla app.

Pls add the Siri voice commands with the Apple watch.

I'm glad that I'm back, too. I love talking with you guys and providing support. It helps with my recovery when there is so much positivity in this thread.

Yup, I tweaked the algorithm in version 2.0 to make my app much much faster than the official app. Siri voice commands with the Apple Watch require Apple to open up their Siri API, which they haven't yet. I have a work around trick (which I proved in a YouTube video that I posted back in June 1st), but that trick will most likely get rejected by Apple's review team. However, I am currently working on another work around that Apple might approve of. The iOS app is going to get the voice command update first, and then once Watch OS 2.0 is released and the mic is made available, then I will start working on implementing it on the Watch. The current Watch OS doesn't allow usage of the mic by third party apps.

I have a lot of new features/ideas/fixes/ui improvements in mind to make the app better. Just bear with me as I recover from surgery and slowly get back to being able to think clearly and work. I'm still currently on pain meds (i.e. narcotics) after my surgery, so I cannot think straight most of the day. But you guys are more than welcome to leave bug reports, feature requests and what not here, and I'll add them to my todo list. I just can't implement those new features within the same day like I used to.

Welcome back Allen! Welcome back to TMC and I'm glad it worked out fine in the end.

Please remember to take of your health first and make work a subsequent priority. I'm sure we all want to see you well recovered and up on your feet again very soon!

Thanks again for the awesome support you provide us, and I'm glad our support also helps you out.

Glad you guys worked it out. Now more about my needs! :p

Seriously, can you make the app actually turn on the AC? Either via the Max AC button or something? My AC is usually off, but when I need it to cool down the car, I can't turn it on from the Tesla app or Remote S.

Hope you're recovery is going well too!

Glad you guys worked it out. Now more about my needs! :p

Seriously, can you make the app actually turn on the AC? Either via the Max AC button or something? My AC is usually off, but when I need it to cool down the car, I can't turn it on from the Tesla app or Remote S.

Hope you're recovery is going well too!

yes, your comment was the one I was trying to reply to and then realized that my account was blocked from commenting. Okay, so from what I understand is that turning on your AC remotely will also turn on your HVAC to auto mode. Then when you return to your car, it will go back to your profile's settings. I don't have my car near me to verify this info, but maybe someone else can.

If not, there is no way for my app to control the AC on/off remotely with the current Tesla API. What I would suggest is to have an "exit" user profile that you would switch to after leaving your car. And put the remote AC settings you want in that profile. Then choose that profile prior to leaving your car.

I believe the way the app works is that it turns on the HVAC in whatever state the HVAC was left at when the car stopped. So if AC was in the Off position, it will stay in the off position, no matter what temp is set. So you can only turn on climate or turn off climate. It will run at whatever setting it was at and you can change the temp, but technically changing the temp doesn't kick on the AC.

Trying to be able to actually force AC On from the app.

yes, your comment was the one I was trying to reply to and then realized that my account was blocked from commenting. Okay, so from what I understand is that turning on your AC remotely will also turn on your HVAC to auto mode. Then when you return to your car, it will go back to your profile's settings. I don't have my car near me to verify this info, but maybe someone else can.

If not, there is no way for my app to control the AC on/off remotely with the current Tesla API. What I would suggest is to have an "exit" user profile that you would switch to after leaving your car. And put the remote AC settings you want in that profile. Then choose that profile prior to leaving your car.

I believe the way the app works is that it turns on the HVAC in whatever state the HVAC was left at when the car stopped. So if AC was in the Off position, it will stay in the off position, no matter what temp is set. So you can only turn on climate or turn off climate. It will run at whatever setting it was at and you can change the temp, but technically changing the temp doesn't kick on the AC.

Trying to be able to actually force AC On from the app.

It's not possible with the current API to force the AC on. You might have to do what I suggested and just have a different driver profile for when you leave the car.

Allen:
Welcome back and good to see you are making progress post surgery. Had a feature request for you as I begin to use the app (on iPhone) more and more. Would be great to have the app allow me to select the user profile before I get in the car. Makes it easier for me to get back in after my wife drives as she is much shorter than I and even getting in to make the selection on the touch screen is hard. Not sure if this can be done based on what the API gives you, but if possible, would make a great add to an already great app. All the best.

Samir

P.S. in my past ICE cars this was easy as the buttons for driver profiles are on the inside door panel so I could select before getting into the car.

Allen:
Welcome back and good to see you are making progress post surgery. Had a feature request for you as I begin to use the app (on iPhone) more and more. Would be great to have the app allow me to select the user profile before I get in the car. Makes it easier for me to get back in after my wife drives as she is much shorter than I and even getting in to make the selection on the touch screen is hard. Not sure if this can be done based on what the API gives you, but if possible, would make a great add to an already great app. All the best.

Samir

P.S. in my past ICE cars this was easy as the buttons for driver profiles are on the inside door panel so I could select before getting into the car.
It's not possible with the current API unfortunately.

I saw that, but I swear it was always off by a lot.... I'll double check when it's a full charging rate again.
The battery operates at around 400 V so if you do the conversion, the 14 A is close to 30 A at 200 V. If you enable precise car stats in the app settings, you can see the significant digits, so it might be more than just 14 A. Possible 14.5 A, since vampire drain seems to hover at .5 A at 400 V or 200 watts.

I saw that, but I swear it was always off by a lot.
The battery operates at around 400 V so if you do the conversion, the 14 A is close to 30 A at 200 V. If you enable precise car stats in the app settings, you can see the significant digits, so it might be more than just 14 A. Possible 14.5 A, since vampire drain seems to hover at .5 A at 400 V or 200 watts.

I don't think it's the precision that will reassure users the most, Allen -- it's the conversion. It is going to take the app doing the math conversion for that data point for public consumption. The car is giving a reading (that the app puts in X/Y as X) at a different voltage than what's read into Y... Better pre-chew that for Joe Public. Or the same question will keep coming up as a "bug."

I get it, but then I also carry a slide rule in the car for quick calculations of efficiency or mileage costs for my passengers...
My 2 cents -- guaranteed to be worth price paid

Rick

I don't think it's the precision that will reassure users the most, Allen -- it's the conversion. It is going to take the app doing the math conversion for that data point for public consumption. The car is giving a reading (that the app puts in X/Y as X) at a different voltage than what's read into Y... Better pre-chew that for Joe Public. Or the same question will keep coming up as a "bug."

I get it, but then I also carry a slide rule in the car for quick calculations of efficiency or mileage costs for my passengers...
My 2 cents -- guaranteed to be worth price paid

Rick
I'm aware of the confusion. It was not intentional, because I just didn't have a normal charger with me when version 2.0 was being developed. I will make it more clear in the next version.

Status
Not open for further replies.