Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remotely roll down windows?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why you want to roll down the windows by app? :confused:
To let a thief get your laptop you forgot on the backseat? :rolleyes:

To cool down the car you can remotely enter the temperature you want. :D

The app already allows unlocking and even starting the car without keys. If a thief has access to your app, you're already hosed.

For the general thread:
My bigger request would be to allow me to turn on the AC from the fob or via Bluetooth or something. I've now encountered several times where I needed to leave my dog in the car and couldn't get reception on my phone to turn on the AC.

no, this option was removed years ago because many complained about accidental operations from the fob in people's pockets
Bring this back TSLA!! Make it a feature you can turn on/off from the touchscreen, don't deny us!!

I want this feature on the app mainly and the key fob also. I hate walking away only to realize someone left the window open! Also would be great to see/check window status in the app! As I've come back to the car only to find that someone left the window open!!

Why you want to roll down the windows by app? :confused:
To let a thief get your laptop you forgot on the backseat? :rolleyes:

To cool down the car you can remotely enter the temperature you want. :D

What a douche - he doesn’t need to justify himself to you. Maybe it is so he can reach inside to open his door when the shitty quality door handles fail to come out. Maybe he wants to roll the windows up if it looks like rain -or down after it clears up.

Anything else you need justified before your immenent opinion or can we actually address his legitimate request? The new fart feature?

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: pjw65 and 0ptions
What a douche - he doesn’t need to justify himself to you. Maybe it is so he can reach inside to open his door when the shitty quality door handles fail to come out. Maybe he wants to roll the windows up if it looks like rain -or down after it clears up.

Anything else you need justified before your immenent opinion or can we actually address his legitimate request
My thoughts exactly. So what if a feature is added that you don't personally use while others do.
If you don't want to remotely roll your windows up or down, then just don't do it. Not sure why that concept is hard for some. Tesla isn't forcing you to use features. I'm not forced to always have my mirrors fold when the car is parked. I'm not forced to used my phones Bluetooth to lock/unlock. I'm not forced to pop the frunk from only my phone.
The more features Tesla adds, the more curb appear there is for the car. It would be wise for Tesla to add this as an free option to their vehicles.

Want a feature not currently available? Well, it won't help to ask for it here. No visibility. So where, huh? You can post your request on teslatap.com. And others can see it and vote to encourage Tesla to add it.

However, about 7 years ago we had fob controlled windows down/up controls. Someone was almost injured and complained. So, Tesla removed the feature. I doubt it will be added back. But ask if it makes you happy.