Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repairing a Flooded Tesla Model S : HOW-TO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
btr_ftw be happy to help you with that. can even edit and help you with the videos its what I do already on youtube.
why don't you e-mail me at

[email protected] and we can sort out some voice and come up with a plan :)
I think we could do something fantastic.

btw when's the next update? has the wife finally decided to move the couch to the garage so you can "sleep with your bloody tesla!"? :D lol

Winding back a bit an guy on the United Kingdom bit of the tesla forum just reported he got exactly the last lot of errors you described on firing up your car...
I'm curious if anyone else has had this come up. It then proceeded in more warnings that disabled Park Assist, Regen braking, stability control and auto braking.
.. he went to service centre and the following ..
Okay so it turns out to be a trapped wiring harness around one of the wheel pressure sensors. Over time it pulled due to tension. Basic as that BUT major effect on the car.

Hope it's helpful.

• Informative
Reactions: Yonki and gabeincal
Nice Red projector headlights :cool:

tCesHjw.jpg
Yeb. Terminator headlights. I can just see Harold behind the wheel, at the stop lights, on a dark lonely road in my Toyota Corolla.

Awefully quiet for 13 days? Slight time off or ?

Funny you should mention that. Last couple weeks I've been flat out.

It's hard documenting what I'm doing by taking pictures along the way (slows me down) because I have to decide what's relevant/interesting as well as what to post, editing photos , uploading etc. I have tons of footage and really neat stuff but I'm in need of help to put it all together, for example the time lapses take a bit to put together as I have to think about camera positioning, resizing, uploading, image rotation and stitching them together.

I'd like to be able to go back and update the first post so people don't have to read all of the pages but that's likely not going to happen. So I figured I'd take it into a different direction and start making an attempt at an actual YouTube channel, (instead of random cryptic footage) I could just take a 15 minute video with voiceovers here and there to keep everyone updated.

I don't want you guys to think I'm running out of material, I could start another long winded thread about another tesla project I'm running in parallel to this one,

welp

the wife didn't mention anything about me not being able to post the things I've already done to the car, right?

here is an old timelapse of me trying to lift the battery into the car itself... this is one of the trickier things I've had to do by myself. lying on your back for an hour trying to jack up and align a 1300lb battery pack into the car is for the birds (especially with no lift). I used multiple jackstands and cleverly placed pieces of wood to support the pack and after what seemed like forever I finally got it!

Here is a solution for a one man pack installation using a pallet jack. Note jack lift movement is generally about 4 - 6 inches and you will need to jack vehicle up and down over the pack. Pack removal, 10mins, reinstall 20 mins..IMG_4285.JPG
IMG_4285.JPG

IMG_4285.JPG

Looking for some feedback

Can you guys let me know what type of videos you would like to see on this channel?

Perhaps an area of Teslas that you do not believe is well covered (something that I can record and talk about) or even a part of the car you'd like to see more of.

Or just ideas in general about what type of styles you'd be interested in (vlog, technical series etc.) just looking for some ideas as to what direction to take.

What could be very interesting is to pick a specific issue and follow the whole process to a successful repair

Show it all! From the error reported by the car to the thought process and service manual search for identifying the faulty part, removing, repairing or sourcing a new one (how, where), replacing and testing it.

A good primer on what you have to go through to repair an issue on a Tesla.

Reactions: gabeincal

Can you guys let me know what type of videos you would like to see on this channel?

Perhaps an area of Teslas that you do not believe is well covered (something that I can record and talk about) or even a part of the car you'd like to see more of.

Or just ideas in general about what type of styles you'd be interested in (vlog, technical series etc.) just looking for some ideas as to what direction to take.

The general style I'd think would work well is like this example (warning contains ICE :) ):

This guy makes his videos in a very simple way. Just a single camera. sometimes hand-held and sometimes on a tripod. Editing is minimal. Yet I think his videos work well. I also like the length of them, typically 20-30 minutes.

I don't think anyone covers the mechanics of the car, you can definitely introduce a series of videos with this. I prefer the videos to be short, vlogs styling can be very long

Reactions: JRP3
I don't think anyone covers the mechanics of the car, you can definitely introduce a series of videos with this. I prefer the videos to be short, vlogs styling can be very long

Agree with this. I'd much rather see a string of ten minute videos showing individual pieces of the car than one forty or fifty minute video going through all of them in series.

• Informative
Reactions: Btr_ftw
What could be very interesting is to pick a specific issue and follow the whole process to a successful repair

Show it all! From the error reported by the car to the thought process and service manual search for identifying the faulty part, removing, repairing or sourcing a new one (how, where), replacing and testing it.

A good primer on what you have to go through to repair an issue on a Tesla.

I can do this

A-Z autopilot HW with harnesses

I will try to integrate this somewhere

Instructional videos like how to swap the motor with a new one or how to repair or replace the door handles.

yep, stay tuned