Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repairing a Flooded Tesla Model S : HOW-TO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spent the last two nights reading this thread from the beginning, i gotta say I'm impressed that you stuck with it all the way through, i probably would have given up and parted it and sold. glad you were able to get it road worthy and inspected/accepted, congrats.

You make it tempting to buy a salvaged Tesla and have at it, Im always up for a challenge as well and love to tinker/modify/hack stuff, i can't leave anything alone. Plus i love working on cars and am quite good at dismantling and fab after working in custom car audio for 16yrs and custom air suspension systems, although i gave up on my body dropped low rider project last year lol

May keep this on the back burner for a future project, maybe even keep an eye out for a wrecked model 3 and do what you did or just learn about mine without having to destroy it haha

Not only are you deserving of a great big CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!....

...but....

You get 10000 extra Teslapoints for wrapping up this wonderful thread just in time for all our ill-favored brethren in Texas and Louisiana who in the weeks and months to come are going to be needing the lessons you've had to go through.

Nice timing!

• Funny
Reactions: spottyq and MP3Mike
Been watching copart and nothing is coming in under 18k for a really bad car. Flooded cars have gone for 20+ on copart. What's happening here? Found 2 shells without glass for 10k and 12k. At this point, CPO Or just 3rd party and fix as I go seems to be the most prudent path.
The prices on CoPart seem high to me as well. Is there a better way to buy a salvage car ?

Daaaaamn @Btr_ftw... I know I'm over a year late to this, but I've spent the last few days reading this thread and watching your videos, and am thrilled for you with the outcome!!!

I have one lingering question. After all is said and done. How do you restore the New Car Smell™

You are a personal hero of mine. A tinkerer to an extreme.

Really, REALLY hope we're being trolled...

The video description makes it look legit though:
Welp. Things didn't go as planned today when working on the car. I admit it was my fault for attempting to work on a car while charging (rookie mistake) PSA. DON'T WORK ON A TESLA WHILE ITS CHARGING... stay tuned for part two where I do an analysis of what exactly went wrong. Wife is not pleased.

REALLY hope that thumbnail photo is not Delores though and that the damage is much less significant/he's just trolling us for views...