Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repairs After Warranty Expires - Any Experience in WA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone in WA put more than 50,000 miles on their Model S, then needed a repair?

If yes:
1. What part was repaired or replaced?
2. How much was the part?
3. What price/rate was charged for labor?
4. Did Tesla repair or replace anything for free after the warranty expired?

Has anyone in WA put more than 50,000 miles on their Model S, then needed a repair?

If yes:
1. What part was repaired or replaced?
2. How much was the part?
3. What price/rate was charged for labor?
4. Did Tesla repair or replace anything for free after the warranty expired?

You reminded me that we are long overdue for our extended warranty information and pricing in Washington. They need to get on the ball.
Last I heard was that it was coming and we could get it when they get all the issues ironed out with the State.

Wow. They handed me paperwork for the extended warranty for the Roadster just over a year ago...then called me the next day to say they were going to "make some minor tweaks" and get back to me when it was ready. Nothing since.

Fortunately nothing has gone wrong in the past year...

So no one is going to have any input on this. Who drives 50,000 miles per year?

The OP asked if anyone "had" (past tense) experience with the S on repairs after 50k, which isn't going to get any actual experiences yet. Unless it's a placeholder thread for a couple years from now...
I believe we have at least one person over 30k, and he might be over 40k by now. FWIW.

Yep, and while an impressive achievement just goes to show my point that even the most high mileage among us isn't there yet so there's no one that's going to have the experience to answer the OPs question.

And because a lot of us have purchased the extended warranty, it will be a long while before it's answered.

Reread the title of the thread. Those of us in WA and FL are still screwed regarding the extended warranty. (And, no, I'm not happy about it.)
If someone is putting on 40-50k a year, I don't think an extended warranty is going to be of much value. Most things that fail have some sort of time, not just mileage, component contributing to their failure.

Sucks you guys are getting screwed on the extended warranty, don't get me wrong :), just that it's probably a poor investment for someone putting on that kind of mileage.