TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Repairs After Warranty Expires - Any Experience in WA?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by eAdopter, Sep 30, 2013.

1. eAdopter

eAdopter Member

Has anyone in WA put more than 50,000 miles on their Model S, then needed a repair?

If yes:
    1. What part was repaired or replaced?
    2. How much was the part?
    3. What price/rate was charged for labor?
    4. Did Tesla repair or replace anything for free after the warranty expired?

2. v12 to 12v

v12 to 12v Active Member

You reminded me that we are long overdue for our extended warranty information and pricing in Washington. They need to get on the ball.
    Last I heard was that it was coming and we could get it when they get all the issues ironed out with the State.

3. Jackyche

Jackyche Member

I just talked with Alex regarding extended warranty for the Roadster. No go.

4. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

Wow. They handed me paperwork for the extended warranty for the Roadster just over a year ago...then called me the next day to say they were going to "make some minor tweaks" and get back to me when it was ready. Nothing since.

Fortunately nothing has gone wrong in the past year...

5. ckessel

ckessel Active Member

The car has only been out for a year.

6. PhilBa

PhilBa Active Member

So?

7. ckessel

ckessel Active Member

So no one is going to have any input on this. Who drives 50,000 miles per year?

The OP asked if anyone "had" (past tense) experience with the S on repairs after 50k, which isn't going to get any actual experiences yet. Unless it's a placeholder thread for a couple years from now...

8. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

I believe we have at least one person over 30k, and he might be over 40k by now. FWIW.

9. ckessel

ckessel Active Member

Yep, and while an impressive achievement just goes to show my point that even the most high mileage among us isn't there yet so there's no one that's going to have the experience to answer the OPs question.

10. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

And because a lot of us have purchased the extended warranty, it will be a long while before it's answered.

11. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Reread the title of the thread. Those of us in WA and FL are still screwed regarding the extended warranty. (And, no, I'm not happy about it.)

12. ckessel

ckessel Active Member

If someone is putting on 40-50k a year, I don't think an extended warranty is going to be of much value. Most things that fail have some sort of time, not just mileage, component contributing to their failure.

Sucks you guys are getting screwed on the extended warranty, don't get me wrong :), just that it's probably a poor investment for someone putting on that kind of mileage.