Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacement M3P 20" tyres

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere.

Managed to drop a wheel down a pot hole yesterday and now have a big tyre wall bulge so looking for a new tyre. Michelin 235/35/ZR20 92Y XL.

Have been to three local tyre places and all three have told me it is not a standard tyre and I need specifically a TL (Tesla) fit tyre. Anyone know anything to confirm/deny?

If anyone has purchased online can they provide a link?

Kind regards

Jon

Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere.

Managed to drop a wheel down a pot hole yesterday and now have a big tyre wall bulge so looking for a new tyre. Michelin 235/35/ZR20 92Y XL.

Have been to three local tyre places and all three have told me it is not a standard tyre and I need specifically a TL (Tesla) fit tyre. Anyone know anything to confirm/deny?

If anyone has purchased online can they provide a link?

Kind regards

Jon
My understanding is the Tesla tyre has foam inside to dampen road noise. Not sure if you can get that size without the foam though.

They seem to come up on a Google search e.g. Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. Only 216.40 £

Acoustic version.
Am I missing something?

Yes have looked but have been into three different tyre places locally and all have told me that each manufacturer has a slightly different bespoke tyre - Audi has AO fit, Tesla has TL fit etc.

From Michelin website the tyre has a T0 after it.

Just want to ensure I buy the right tyre and don't have to send back.

Kind regards

Jon

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-06-17 at 14.48.55.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-17 at 14.48.55.png
    237.8 KB · Views: 98
Thanks everyone for their replies.

May have it sorted now. Been on to Michelin website and put all vehicle details in. Comes up with exact tyre for Make/Model/Yr. The gives option to order through BlackCircles and get delivered to a local fitter. £198 delivered and fitted so will go with that I think.

Think first M3P my local tyre places have seen given the number of workers it took to record the information (whilst looking round) and then the head scratching trying to find the correct tyre.

Kind regards

Jon

Yes have looked but have been into three different tyre places locally and all have told me that each manufacturer has a slightly different bespoke tyre - Audi has AO fit, Tesla has TL fit etc.

So what is different between the different fits? Never heard that term before. And what happens if you fit the wrong fit?

I was potentially looking for a replacement winter and found slightly different variations of the same tyre, but they all looked compatible albeit with different acoustics or run flat options.