Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacement Wipers sold by Telsa - opened and they were just Bosch!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just opened my package from Tesla. What I ordered was Tesla Replacement wipers for $28 each. The Drivers side was out of stock for months but they finally arrived. I was so happy to replace the aftermarket ones I had that didn't work well.

I was surprised to see the blades they shipped me were Bosch Icons! These cost $20-24 each on Amazon or Autozone and free shipping. I feel like I got hosed! Nowhere on the Telsa ordering page said they were Bosch. They also overcharged for them.

Anybody else have the same problem? These feels like I have been scammed a bit.

no *sugar* sherlock. First why are you buying replacement parts for common items from tesla instead of autozone? and nobody makes their own wiper blades thats just a waste of money when there are so many good companies out there that already do it for cheaper.

When I bought my blades from Tesla, they were the same price as the ones on Amazon. I thought it was a good deal. Also, as others have pointed out, Bosch is listed as the OEM wipers by Tesla. Don't know if the 2021+ are the same.

Pre 2021+ S : Passenger Bosch Icon 18OE and Driver 28A OE. Tesla Parts:
1628441455625-png.693802

• Informative
Reactions: beatle
Are we really using the word scam for a transaction that resulted in a $4.00 difference in price? And for a car that was $100k? Or is this about feeling bait and switched a little?

OP, as others stated no OEM makes their own wipers. But they put their brand name on OEM parts for this reason...so they can have a flexible (often much higher) price and the consumer doesn't feel "scammed" for paying more for what they could have done on their own. And it's easy to judge from over here but I would ask yourself, if the box of wipers had the name Tesla on it, would you be happy with the transaction, i.e., "ignorance is bliss" approach?