Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replika R241 Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't noticed this mentioned much...
As the R241 look to be directional (similar to the Tesla Induction and Uberturbine wheels), are they a left and right pair or, like the Induction, are they all the same and end up aerodynamically shaped on one side of the car and opposite on the other side? I'm assuming the latter... Admittedly my (lack of) knowledge of aerodynamics and vehicles comes largely from watching F1, but maybe there's something to it? Or maybe it's just a drop in the bucket of efficiency? Seems odd... especially when even the Gemini wheel covers, as well as the Aliexpress "fake uberturbine" wheel covers are made in Left / Right pairs..

Obviously there are practical wheel-rotating considerations (especially for RWD), but with aero, range, kWh/km efficiency being relatively important metrics to both ownership & marketing, I'm surprised it's not talked about more.

Adding my Space Grey 241s to the mix with a side photo profile.

They are 19s

apHcYkL.png

and front side profile

3vJSeiR.png
Is yours 9.5 or 8.5? looks more concave

For those of you who mounted Replika 19x8.5 wheels, what offset did you end up getting?

edit: do you reduce offset (to +40?) to keep the sidewall position similar to OEM 19x9.5+45, or should you keep the offset the same (I'm assuming this keeps the contact patch the same?)

Last edited:
To prevent the 'sticking' I spray a bit of white grease on the mounting face of the R241 before putting them on the car and they come right off each spring. I have two winters on them ( with Michelin X-ICE ) and first car I owned where the winters look as good or better than the all seasons ....

Never had the inductions. But here are my comparison with the Gemini's...

I used the Gemini's for just a little over 1500 miles. I was averaging about 271 whm, Daily commute with a mixture of both freeway/streets in the Bay Area.

I just drove the Replika's on a 1000 miles road trip down to Socal. I was averaging about 298 whm with mostly freeway miles on I-5 with average speed between 70-80mph on long stretch of I-5. Including a big climb on Grapevine, and 152/San Luis Reservoir.

I reset my trip meter when I got back to get more of a daily normal commute average. I will report back when I reach 1000 miles. But the efficiency should be pretty close to the Gemini's without the covers at least.

Here's a photo if you want to see how they look. 20x10 on 255/40/20 stock Goodyears. Definitely prefer them over the Inductions.
View attachment 654866
How's the ride quality compare to Gemini's ?

Reactions: gotoma8
I ended up with Aodhans AFF7s in 19x8.5 with Michelin PS4AS 245/40/19. Efficiency wise it's not as efficient as the AFF7s are very open and aggressive looking in my opinion and the tires are a tad larger as well. However, I love them as they are pretty unique in comparison.

Little confused on 19x8.5 vs 19x9.5
Most go with 19x8.5? although OEM is 9.5
8.5 is better for sidewall ? Can someone explain pls

Someone wrote: I chose 8.5 instead of 9.5 because the 255 wide tires fit great and there will be slightly less risk of curbing. Plus there will be a bit less road grit sprayed on the side of the car.

So, 8.5 vs 9.5 represents the width of the wheels. The stock Model 3 non performance wheels are 18x8.5 +40. The stock tires are 235/45 R18. That means the tires are 235mm wide and the sidewalls are 45% of the 235m. Basically on the tires, the first number is the width in millimeters and the second number is the aspect ratio, the percentage of the first number is the height of the side walls. So, the 8.5 vs 9.5 has nothing to do with the side walls in a sense, relative to the same tires...a 235mm tire might not fit on a 9.5" wide wheel well. I would be stretched, so, in a sense the same size tires, say stock 235/45 R18 on 8.5 might be a little taller as the side walls are not stretched too much to fit the 8.5 vs the 9.5.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: V2009
Assuming the question is for a Model Y, not Model 3, since this is the Model Y forum. Also question states 9.5 being the default (which is only the case for Model Y).

Main advantage is that the wheels are not wider than the tires, which means that in case you are very close to, or just hitting a curb, it's more likely that you will not damage the wheels.

BTW: standard size Model Y 19" tires will fit on either the 8.5 or 9.5 width wheels.

Reactions: V2009