Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reporting a Supercharger problem is a pain in the butt!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I'm parked there at the supercharger I just press the voice command button on the steering wheel. Then I say "bug report" then the supercharger site name, dispenser id, and what is going wrong. Usually the next time I'm there it's fixed.

• Funny
Reactions: GHammer
While I'm parked there at the supercharger I just press the voice command button on the steering wheel. Then I say "bug report" then the supercharger site name, dispenser id, and what is going wrong. Usually the next time I'm there it's fixed.

Someone told me that bug report method didn't actually do anything, but I'm not sure.
Bug report command never leaves the car so it's useless for reporting a Supercharger problem. It's purpose is to put a timestamp in the car logs so a tech can retrieve it later and see where the issue occurred in the car without sorting through week's of log entries. The fact that the unit was fixed shows that the Tesla maintenance team is pretty on top of the Superchargers which is why they have uptime that far surpasses other charging providers.

Bug report command never leaves the car so it's useless for reporting a Supercharger problem. It's purpose is to put a timestamp in the car logs so a tech can retrieve it later and see where the issue occurred in the car without sorting through week's of log entries. The fact that the unit was fixed shows that the Tesla maintenance team is pretty on top of the Superchargers which is why they have uptime that far surpasses other charging providers.
That's a bummer. It would be a great way to collect fault data. Geo location data from the car could easily be used to collate the data to make heat maps of issue areas. Collected logs from the car can show better what was seen by the car. Then the dispatcher can better prioritize issues, and send out the repair techs with more appropriate parts that could be related to the issues seen. That may remove the need to go back to get parts, saving time and money.

Being able to issue a quick bug report on a map issue like speed limit errors, and road to map discrepancies would also help greatly. Some of the more rural roads I've driven are up to a few hundred feet off from where the digital map thinks they are, One got rerouted to the other side of a thermal area. So it was now 1000s of feet off, and had new sharp curves. Also interchanges get updated and have new layouts. Satellite photos could then be collected, and the road layout updated.

Ran into two SC problems on my last 300 mile road trip. Broken plug at one and a cabinet that looked like someone backed into it at the other.

While charging at an operating stall, open the app and at the top right of the charging section there will be one of those three dot icons. Hit that and it will take you to the feedback page. First is rate from one to five stars. Second is what you like about supercharging. The third page is where you can enter a short description of which stall has the issue and what the issue is.

App is iPhone 4.33.5