Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reputation points?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the interest of science, if everyone on this forum gives me reputation for this post, repeatedly, until they need to spread it around, I can then see if my conclusions as to how reputation power is given are the same as Dirks. :wink:

In the interest of science, if everyone on this forum gives me reputation for this post, repeatedly, until they need to spread it around, I can then see if my conclusions as to how reputation power is given are the same as Dirks. :wink:
We would, but we'd have to see your grant proposal first. We have to make sure of the scientific rigor you will bring to this project.

Page 32 has the home ESVE kit. Two packs of dental floss, a pack of salt and a water bottle...

Oh, that's the new catalog. They specifically asked whether it would be advantageous to use 21 gauge dental floss vs. 24 gauge dental floss.

It seems they eliminated the pony; did bonnie have a bad experience, perhaps? That's quite disappointing.

Oh, that's the new catalog. They specifically asked whether it would be advantageous to use 21 gauge dental floss vs. 24 gauge dental floss.
What's the official NEC recommendation? I assume 21? They are such sticklers for safety. It also says "special sea salt" as if normal table salt wasn't good enough...
It seems they eliminated the pony; did bonnie have a bad experience, perhaps? That's quite disappointing.
I didn't get the 2014 catalog... I didn't have 5 green bars, yet, and you only get the catalog if you have five bars.
So you'll have to ask bonnie about the pony.

I didn't get the 2014 catalog... I didn't have 5 green bars, yet, and you only get the catalog if you have five bars.
So you'll have to ask bonnie about the pony.

I know nothing about a pony.
bonnie trixie pine island rings.jpg

What's the official NEC recommendation? I assume 21? They are such sticklers for safety. It also says "special sea salt" as if normal table salt wasn't good enough...

NEC 2015 article 373, "Conductive-salt-coated dielectric material (type CSC)", specifies a minimum of 24 ga for loads up to 30A, and 21 ga for loads up to 60A. Cotton clothesline of minimum 1/4" diameter is good up to 150A. Nylon clothesline is not permitted because the conductive salt carrier (usually water) fails to spread and distribute the current. I want to make sure they include 21 ga., otherwise, they'll have to bring back the NEMA 14-30 adapter option.

- - - Updated - - -

I know nothing about a pony.

Looking young as ever, bonnie!

It's @Doug_G you need to watch out for; he the person who has the greatest capacity for handing out negative rep these days.
Technically incorrect. It's @doug -- the software quite specifically has a formula for creating the reputation power for everyone (and yes, I think @Doug_G is indeed the most powerful of the moderators, followed by @dsm363 and you, @Robert.Boston (if my quick look around is not mistaken)), but vbulletin has a separate setting for the admin. So doug might be handing out -1000 points if he so chooses and get most of us back into the red...

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see where you can give points from tapatalk. ...I suppose one must use old fashioned browser for this?
Yep, Tapatalk users can see or give reputation points. So the most important part of the forum experience remains hidden from the poor people using Tapatalk. Because let's face it, who comes here for the insights and information and entertainment. We all are just here to rack up reputation points and then get valuable prices like the home EVSE we were just discussing...

- - - Updated - - -

NEC 2015 article 373, "Conductive-salt-coated dielectric material (type CSC)", specifies a minimum of 24 ga for loads up to 30A, and 21 ga for loads up to 60A. Cotton clothesline of minimum 1/4" diameter is good up to 150A. Nylon clothesline is not permitted because the conductive salt carrier (usually water) fails to spread and distribute the current. I want to make sure they include 21 ga., otherwise, they'll have to bring back the NEMA 14-30 adapter option.
Oh good, so my home made DC charger is in fact NEC compliant.
crazy-wiring-2_07.jpg