Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reputation points?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some interesting stats.
19 members have five dark green bars
10 members have the elusive first bright green bar
2 members have two bright greens
4 have three
1 has four
no one five
and bonnie as SIX

An impressive pyramid (roughly) - and the air is getting really thin up there :)

Well, speaking from experience ... my fellow moderators USED to give me rep points for posts they liked. Then as I acquired more points than they had, I noticed they became quite tight with that.

Of course, they'll say it's because there are no posts of mine that they like. It's just that rep points from a fellow mod have been few and far between for quite awhile. Not that we're competitive or anything.
That's clearly pure coincidence, bonnie. Nothing there to see, look over there, SQUIRREL!

Some interesting stats.
4 have three
1 has four
no one five
and bonnie as SIX

An impressive pyramid (roughly) - and the air is getting really thin up there :)

Elusive? Hmm, like that. It makes that sound very distinct and hard to get.
Glad I have one bar to be in that Elusive catagory. Maybe I can sell it to someone.

Elusive? Hmm, like that. It makes that sound very distinct and hard to get.
Glad I have one bar to be in that Elusive catagory. Maybe I can sell it to someone.
You misunderstood me. You have one dark green bar. I was talking about the people with five dark green and the first bright green bar. So six in total - up to eleven in total for bonnie. That's the "elusive" club of 37 people (out of something like 22000 members) with five or more bars...

I could be wrong about this, but I think your posts are likely to be given a bit more weight if you have a high reputation. Certainly when I see someone with only a few posts make an unlikely claim, I question it more than I would from the same claim coming from a well-regarded regular.

I could be wrong about this, but I think your posts are likely to be given a bit more weight if you have a high reputation. Certainly when I see someone with only a few posts make an unlikely claim, I question it more than I would from the same claim coming from a well-regarded regular.
Is it reputation or number of posts? To some extend reputation is more a popularity contest (and if you look at the post count of the top five (all more than 10k posts) there is of course a correlation). But I tend to be most skeptical (or more likely to question a post) when it comes from someone with a very low post count. And then there's always the first ever post that states something like "Tesla has a hiring freeze until end of Q2" that creates that immediate "suuuuurrreee..." reflex in me...

By the way, posts that tend to get positive rep from me (and not going to work here, so don't even try :)):

• Particularly informative
  • Helpful to another member, especially to a new member
  • Inclusive of all forum members
  • Rational response to an emotional post, trying to diffuse the situation
  • Role-modeling (like someone saying they were wrong or apologizing to another member, without drama)
  • A post that lightens up an emotional thread (see above, 'trying to diffuse the situation')

Note I didn't say 'those that agree with me'. I've given positive reputation to a number of people who strongly disagreed with me - who had good rationale. I always enjoy a good discussion.

I rarely give negative reputation because with this number of bars (a few rare exceptions), the impact of negative rep from me would be a lot of points deducted. That seems unfair. So I usually send the poster a private message to see if that will work instead. (It doesn't always work.)

By the way, posts that tend to get positive rep from me (and not going to work here, so don't even try :)):

• Particularly informative
  • Helpful to another member, especially to a new member
  • Inclusive of all forum members
  • Rational response to an emotional post, trying to diffuse the situation
  • Role-modeling (like someone saying they were wrong or apologizing to another member, without drama)
  • A post that lightens up an emotional thread (see above, 'trying to diffuse the situation')

Note I didn't say 'those that agree with me'. I've given positive reputation to a number of people who strongly disagreed with me - who had good rationale. I always enjoy a good discussion.

I rarely give negative reputation because with this number of bars (a few rare exceptions), the impact of negative rep from me would be a lot of points deducted. That seems unfair. So I usually send the poster a private message to see if that will work instead. (It doesn't always work.)
How much reputation power do 11 bars get you? (inquiring minds want to know... :))
I think this is a great list (no, I'm not sucking up, I think it IS a great list). I get excited quite easily and keep trying to force myself to do what you describe here. Acknowledge when I'm wrong or when I was over-reaching. And I also often try to talk to people in PM (had a good conversation with Bet TSLA in PM after all our arguments). I do get carried away though... so role modeling? I don't think that's me. :crying:

Oops. Need to correct my post. There are now 20 members with five dark green bars.
And I didn't get the extra points out of pity from someone in this thread either...

/me feels honored...

Some interesting stats.
4 have three
1 has four
no one five
and bonnie as SIX

I can't speak to the spacing code NDA, but the light green bars take a lot more points than the dark green bars.

It's not right. It's like *someone* is trying to be thrifty with pixels.

I forgot to mention the spacing code only becomes visible with the highest screen resolution. Not visible on all devices. Secret code not fully ruled out...

The dark green ones represent reputation to mere mortals, once you get into the light green, it's TMC immortality.

This just confirms what I suspected for quite some time, I belong to the dark side.

Not complaining, the dark side seems to be more fun, less responsibility, but somehow we darkies get nudged onto a one-way road

I appreciate the responses, thank you.

There is a barrier to giving reputation points to the same person repetitively. The TMCer must give points to different people before the barrier disappears. I am curious if anyone counted to how many different TMCers must one give points to before one can give the points to the same person again?