Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reputation points?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can contribute that #9 is > 1028. ;)
And here I was hoping that 3 more points would put me over the hump - it's > 997 as well.
OK, so here are the data we have (in black)

5 dark400
5 dark + 1 light 500
5 dark + 2 light 700
5 dark + 3 light 900
5 dark + 4 light> 1028 (1200)
5 dark + 5 light 2000
5 dark + 6 light3000
If we assume that this is somehow progressive, my guesses would be the numbers in orange.
More data? Anyone?

Last edited:
All the trigger numbers are "round" 50 or 100 so your #9 would have been 1,000. I think it might be depressing for you to learn what #10 required....

You'll fuel speculation that there's a bit of a reputation circle among the higher reputation holders who have higher reputation power. :) Do moderators have the same restrictions as us on giving each other reputation ("you must spread some around")?

Sorry, but I'm a bit confused about reputation points, dark green bars, light green bars, and Jr. Member vs Member, etc... Is there somewhere to go and read the explanation?
Don't want to stop the clever banter here, but help out a relative newbie
I don't think it's really documented / explained anywhere.
You start out as gray bar with 0 reputation strength and 0 reputation point.
At some point as your points go up (or maybe as you post more? I'm not sure) your bar turns dark green and you start being able to give reputation (1 point at first).
Then every 100 points you get another bar, first four more dark green ones, then the first light green one at 500 points.
You reputation strength grows a little faster - but I have been advised that maybe I shouldn't post how that progresses.

- - - Updated - - -

All the trigger numbers are "round" 50 or 100 so your #9 would have been 1,000. I think it might be depressing for you to learn what #10 required....
No, #9 can't be at a 1000. He implies that he has 1028 and is still at #8...

No, #9 can't be at a 1000. He implies that he has 1028 and is still at #8...

Ok, I honestly don't remember but I do know the numbers are rounded to 50 so perhaps Brian's next leap to fame comes at 1,050 or 1,100 or more.

- - - Updated - - -

Do moderators have the same restrictions as us on giving each other reputation ("you must spread some around")?

Yes. I'd also add that mods tend to give each other a thumbs up privately for something done well, not necessarily rep points.

- - - Updated - - -

My theory is that up to six bars every 10 points gets you to move up a notch. But after that it gets harder. That's why there's the "wait" at six bars.
And that the two changes up above are just random noise :)

(I'm a mathematician by training - I love explaining data that doesn't fit my theory as "noise") :rolleyes:

Your theory makes sense because obviously any changes are step changes and therefore not linear. Unfortunately I can't shed more light on the points table as I really don't remember what the target values are.

- - - Updated - - -

Right about now, Doug is probably experiencing the same feeling Tesla engineers have when folks on TMC start dissecting battery capacity, range calculations and charging speeds. ;-)

Right about now, Doug is probably experiencing the same feeling Tesla engineers have when folks on TMC start dissecting battery capacity, range calculations and charging speeds. ;-)

:snort:

- - - Updated - - -

95% of the reputation goes to 1% of the posters! Down with reputation inequality! Fight the power and stuff!
Quick, moderators, give him negative reputation! We need to keep those revolutionary tendencies down!
NigelM, bonnie!
Oh no! You stepped down as moderators! You can't rescue us from the mob anymore!

Unfortunately I can't shed more light on the points table as I really don't remember what the target values are.
You can still shed some light. Unless I missed it, you didn't answer my question which (indirectly) was asking what your current rep point tally is.

For example, if you said your current rep point tally was < 2000 then we know that dirkhh's guess in post 141 is at least partially incorrect.

I bet there's a black market in reputation points. Not had anyone go "pssst" and open their blazer jacket yet mind.
Anyone openly offering reputation point trade deals would immediately get negative reputation by the mods. So I'd never do that... :evil laugh:
(you'd have to do dozens of deals to make up for a single negative hit by people like bonnie or NigelM... definitely not worth it)