Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reservation tracker for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for you all interested in the data. Since the final configuration might not be known, what metrics contributors could supply when recording their reservation record (assuming we can't surmise them easily based on the unveiling event)?

I was thinking of a few basic high level ones:
Drive Train: Standard or Performance
Options: Base or Full
Supercharging

I'm thinking of battery size and AP in addition to the three here.

@"Paul Carter"
My quick take is this. Use history as a guide.
1. TEG about the Roadster delivery sequence
2. Joel about the Model S reservation queue
3. (I forget who) about the reservation map for Model S
4. The wiki and google docs for S and X deliveries
5. Hank for the firmware rollout tracking

I think all of the fields previously tracked for those purposes are potentially relevant for Model 3 reservation and delivery data analysis.

@"Paul Carter"
My quick take is this. Use history as a guide.
1. TEG about the Roadster delivery sequence
2. Joel about the Model S reservation queue
3. (I forget who) about the reservation map for Model S
4. The wiki and google docs for S and X deliveries
5. Hank for the firmware rollout tracking

I think all of the fields previously tracked for those purposes are potentially relevant for Model 3 reservation and delivery data analysis.
Cool. And that's pretty much what we have already in the X tracker (including a world map). It was based on the S spreadsheets. More curious about what would be good to capture that we don't have the details that might be useful during the reservation phase.

Personally since the only information we will know at reservation is a Reservation Squence Number, City and State (think you should add zip as you can do a lot with a zip code) and a reservation date . I am not sure how much further you needed to go. As time goes on and as Tesla announces additional information you can update it to add more fields

I think keep it simple as there are going to be a lot more users who could get confused easily when ask them information they don't know.

If you have more fields make them greyed out.

I guess we will know more once we know how Tesla are going to drive the options and supercharging etc.
It will be interesting to see just how many real base models get ordered compared to the more optioned versions.
Especially interesting when comparing it to the likes of Audi/BMW etc where the zero option versions are almost never seen because the dealer never order them.

Personally since the only information we will know at reservation is a Reservation Squence Number, City and State (think you should add zip as you can do a lot with a zip code) and a reservation date . I am not sure how much further you needed to go. As time goes on and as Tesla announces additional information you can update it to add more fields

I think keep it simple as there are going to be a lot more users who could get confused easily when ask them information they don't know.

If you have more fields make them greyed out.
I've removed all the non-reservation related fields to help avoid confusion. The detail page where you add a reservation is looking much cleaner this way. I was hoping to be ready today, but there was an unexpected mail system glitch that wasted most of my time yesterday trying to resolve. It was something at my ISP not me. Arg.

Hopefully will go live early so users can register in advance of March 31. I can quickly add the configuration at the last minute as its all db driven.

Reactions: ProphetM
Thanks for taking this on, Paul.

Also I just wanted to point out (below) what I'm hoping is just a little math error in a formula somewhere. (If it's not that, one of your employees is embezzling money from you, but doing a really lousy job of covering his or her tracks! :) )

Model 3 Tracker.jpg

Paul has been working on some issue relating to moving the ModelXTracker and the Model3Tracker over to a new host and resolving issues related to the move. I am sure he will get to it soon.

Model3Tracker will be available starting sometime on the 31st. Please keep a track of you Reservation Sequence Number which will be used to create your record. This should not be confused with your Resevation Number which should not be entered and always kept private.

Any plans to make the tracker go live now to allow the reservation holders in AUS etc to input their information as they reserve in store? We may find that if the tracker only comes online late tomorrow that many of the early in-store reservation holders do not input their information. Just a thought.