Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Resolved - Inaccurate] Model 3 no longer delivered with lightning /USB-C cable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my model 3 delivered today and as I was doing my walk through I noticed that my car did not have the Lighting/USB-C cables. I told this to the person assisting me and she said that Tesla was no longer giving those cables out to model 3 owners and that they had to be purchased separately and that it had been that way for months. Did anyone else that got there car delivered today/in the past weeks get told the same thing?

I’d call them about it. Might be some smoke the rep blew up your @$$... it is end of 3Q afterall my friend. ;)

Sorry I totally left out the part where I called her bullshit and told her that didn’t make any damn sense. I started to walk towards another person that got there car delivered at the same time I did to ask them if they got cables and she stopped me and said give her a second to see if she could find something for me. Well what do you know a couple minutes later she comes out with an opened package of cables and goes oh how lucky you are I found some for you.

I got my model 3 delivered today and as I was doing my walk through I noticed that my car did not have the Lighting/USB-C cables. I told this to the person assisting me and she said that Tesla was no longer giving those cables out to model 3 owners and that they had to be purchased separately and that it had been that way for months. Did anyone else that got there car delivered today/in the past weeks get told the same thing?
That's true to an extent.

Sorry I totally left out the part where I called her bullshit and told her that didn’t make any damn sense. I started to walk towards another person that got there car delivered at the same time I did to ask them if they got cables and she stopped me and said give her a second to see if she could find something for me. Well what do you know a couple minutes later she comes out with an opened package of cables and goes oh how lucky you are I found some for you.
You wrote your post that started this thread, complaining that you didn’t get those cables, and forgot to include the fact that just a few minutes after the Tesla employee told you the cables were no longer included she corrected herself and provided you with the cables.

So what is the point of this thread? The thread title you wrote — “Model 3 no longer delivered with lightning /USB-C cable” — is inaccurate based on your own post.

Took delivery on 9/10 and the cables were installed.

I was in an accident on Fri morning (care is not drivable - I was hit by an oncoming car in in the driver side rear door, rear wheel, and rear quarter panel.). I grabbed the lightning cable - I’m going to push for the car to be totaled...

• Funny
Reactions: APotatoGod
You wrote your post that started this thread, complaining that you didn’t get those cables, and forgot to include the fact that just a few minutes after the Tesla employee told you the cables were no longer included she corrected herself and provided you with the cables.

So what is the point of this thread? The thread title you wrote — “Model 3 no longer delivered with lightning /USB-C cable” — is inaccurate based on your own post.

I wanted to see if anyone else was told the same thing I did. Maybe I should have worded my title better. Would sometime like "Do advisers lie to your face until you call them out on it?" a better subject line?

• Disagree
Reactions: jkirkwood001