Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Resolved - Inaccurate] Model 3 no longer delivered with lightning /USB-C cable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery was 2 weeks ago and the cables were in the car. They are hiding though, open the arm rest in the center console and pull the little tray out that's there. The bag with the cables should be in the large compartment below the tray. If you don't find your cables, go back to the service center next week and demand some cables.

Reactions: APotatoGod
I took delivery on 9/27 and the rep told me it came with one USB C and one micro-USB then proceeded to try to install one of them incorrectly. In reality I got a USB-C and lightning cable which is a no win for me since I'm an Android user.

I did ask her to swap out the cables for two micro-USB and she said she couldn't. Off to Amazon I go I guess.

I took delivery on 9/27 and the rep told me it came with one USB C and one micro-USB then proceeded to try to install one of them incorrectly. In reality I got a USB-C and lightning cable which is a no win for me since I'm an Android user.

I did ask her to swap out the cables for two micro-USB and she said she couldn't. Off to Amazon I go I guess.
Get the micro usb from Tesla, it's 90 deg and bi directional. I don't think they are still making micro usb phones anymore but if you want to use an older device this might be your best option, unless you can find something similar on Amazon

I got my model 3 delivered today and as I was doing my walk through I noticed that my car did not have the Lighting/USB-C cables. I told this to the person assisting me and she said that Tesla was no longer giving those cables out to model 3 owners

picked up in early August and got the same song and dance: "they no longer offer that option." But since the delivery rep indicated that she really worked for Solar and was helping out, I just ignored her and asked that she ask her manager. She did and then found the cables. (probably took them out of another car to be delivered later.)

FWIW I picked up today.... no cables.

Delivery guy said "oh, they're in the glovebox or center console you must have missed em..."

But nope, he couldn't find em either.

They, along with the second key card I didn't get with the car, were my only "owed" items at delivery.

Maybe I should have worded my title better. Would sometime like "Do advisers lie to your face until you call them out on it?" a better subject line?
An accurate thread title would be something like “Did not receive phone cables with my 3, requested them and they were provided”.

But then your thread would not have received the same amount of attention.

Reactions: richrootes
I got them. Build date 9/18 VIN 103xxx delivered on Sept 27.

They are fairly useless in my opinion.

Ordered Wireless Charger tray and will use a standard lightning cable for my wife phone.

They don't work great if you have even a modest case. They should have some simple depth adjustment.