Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Returned our lease yesterday!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AMPd

Nov 27, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Nearly 30k miles over the allowed mileage. Which is fine, the car turned out to be a lot more fun to drive than originally anticipated.
Originally I planned on buying it out, but the Raven update derailed those plans.

Now the wait for a Long Range Model s begins!

Vin ends with 114030, gonna keep an eye out to see what tesla lists it for.

My daughter saying goodbye
C3CEEEB3-6690-4C5F-9C22-9826588A80E5.jpeg

Attachments

• 0E196837-467B-472A-8391-CB152EE29C69.jpeg
    0E196837-467B-472A-8391-CB152EE29C69.jpeg
    254.5 KB · Views: 193
I paid quite a mileage penalty on my leased S as well. But I figure there's an awful lot of fixed costs in one of those leases, so the more you drive, the lower the per-mile costs.

The marginal cost of adding miles to the leased car seemed less than putting more miles on our other Teslas, so we used the leased one as much as we could.

• Informative
Reactions: AMPd and aerodyne
Any other charges by Tesla other than the mileage ? Did you tint the windows or wrap the car and any charges for those ?
They said we’ll get the final bill in 4-6 weeks. But the wheels have some curb rash so I’m sure I’ll be paying for that.
I did have tint, I was advised by tesla finance personally to have it removed just in case. So I did.

That's a sad picture. When she grows up, I hope she won't be resentful.

Post the VIN, maybe it will find a good home...
Not sure why she would be resentful. When she grows up she won’t even remember this. She’s 1 after all.

Sorry, I see you gave VIN info. Looks like it is in exceptional condition!
Yeah the car is pretty spotless, the only damage is to the wheels. Even the interior held up well.
88CE939E-0B03-469D-96F0-8E5A05860145.jpeg

FAFBF24B-5FA1-47DE-8758-F4A7A00E7195.jpeg
1B77D11C-4B53-4C42-B155-5A532F5131BE.jpeg
D03D4C30-DA95-48E7-BA61-358C680DCAC8.jpeg
9EFB1C7D-5A52-4F98-B0C9-DC078DB76C76.jpeg

Reactions: johnking
Nearly 30k miles over the allowed mileage. Which is fine, the car turned out to be a lot more fun to drive than originally anticipated.
Originally I planned on buying it out, but the Raven update derailed those plans.

Now the wait for a Long Range Model s begins!

Vin ends with 114030, gonna keep an eye out to see what tesla lists it for.

My daughter saying goodbye

Turned my 90D in last month directly to Tesla. Only charge was the disposition fee. Super clean condition, spotless turbines and mileage at 43,711. The VIN showed up about 14 days later in San Diego on their website @ $58,700 or ~56% and gone within a week.
Loved everything about that car, especially those cozy leather next gens, pano, better trims and AP1 still smooth as ice on fwy.
New car @ $400/month less on the lease......still missing my old one. :( Good luck amp’d!

Reactions: AMPd
They said we’ll get the final bill in 4-6 weeks. But the wheels have some curb rash so I’m sure I’ll be paying for that.
I did have tint, I was advised by tesla finance personally to have it removed just in case. So I did.

Thank you for the information.

Yeah the car is pretty spotless, the only damage is to the wheels. Even the interior held up well.

That's a superbly maintained car. Well done !

Thanks to you, I called our insurance (geico). The difference between performance and non performance was 179 bucks per MONTH.

That’s insane! We left the gecko several years ago for Progressive. Our premiums have dropped by a modest $45 or so annually, and the combined insurance for two PLs plus a street legal golf cart is $900 per 6 month cycles. Started at about $1100 in 2016. Clean but fast drivers. Two speeding tickets (mine) and traffic school has worked marvelously. :D

Thanks to you, I called our insurance (geico). The difference between performance and non performance was 179 bucks per MONTH.
That's why I shared my insurance experience with you. It is indeed LUDICROUS!!!!! My current S P+L will be my last for sure due to crazy insurance on them. NO tickets or accidents in 8+ years either

How much of that is increased accident risk vs the increased cost of the car in the event of replacement? Current P option is $20k of at risk cost.

This is why I think Tesla insurance will be a great deal. They can cover cars at cost plus some margin, versus full retail. More of a factor for FSD option though ($6k purchase price $0 duplication cost). Plus, it keeps the used part market sparse.

Tesla (US Bank actually), didn't charge me for having tinted windows. I also added a spoiler and a front valance. Funny thing is, the front valance was carbon fiber and got a small crack in it and they charged me to repair it, even though it was an aftermarket part. Something like $350. If I had just taken it off, would have saved the bill, but Tesla told me not to worry about it leaving the aftermarket items on the car.

• Informative
Reactions: johnking
Tesla (US Bank actually), didn't charge me for having tinted windows. I also added a spoiler and a front valance. Funny thing is, the front valance was carbon fiber and got a small crack in it and they charged me to repair it, even though it was an aftermarket part. Something like $350. If I had just taken it off, would have saved the bill, but Tesla told me not to worry about it leaving the aftermarket items on the car.
Interesting, Tesla told me to do my best to return it to stock. In fact when I asked about the tint the woman at tesla finance actually said I could be charged for a full replacement as it could be seen as excessive wear and tear.
Did I think she was mistaken, yes. Did I want to chance having to pay for new windows, no lol. So I took the car to a tint shop and had it removed, I figured a few hundred bucks is worth the piece of mind.
That’s insane! We left the gecko several years ago for Progressive. Our premiums have dropped by a modest $45 or so annually, and the combined insurance for two PLs plus a street legal golf cart is $900 per 6 month cycles. Started at about $1100 in 2016. Clean but fast drivers. Two speeding tickets (mine) and traffic school has worked marvelously. :D
Not bad, progressive was higher than geico for us. We paid around 2100 per 6 months for 2 teslas and a bmw. Sold one of the teslas and it went down to 1400 then they raised it to 1670, now it’s down to 625 for 2 bmw’s

Reactions: boonedocks