Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reuters: "Tesla readies revamped Model 3 with project 'Highland' -sources" [projected 3rd quarter 2023]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd bet the CT will be partially 48V using some voltage regulator hacks for compatibility with some 12V legacy stragglers and the Model 2 will be fully 48V with Tesla taking ownership of a lot more vertical integration.

BTW, the Model 2 is likely less than 2 years away. They're already testing the powertrain on the streets of Freemont.

That is model2, a fastback like the VW type3, 4 door saloon.

• Disagree
Reactions: Mr X
Just watched the Youtube video below discussing 8 more possible Model 3 Highland upgrades in addition to the 6 we already know about:

Ambient RGB interior lighting
Ventilated seats
Rear infotainment screen
New headlights/taillights
Hardware 4
Drive by wire steering

The other 8 are:

Hatchback?
Longer nose (power Frunk?)
Suspension raised higher
Larger M3P battery (14% increased range)
Structural battery config (10% less mass, 370 less parts, more Manganese, longer life)
New drive unit w/no rare earth metals
Enhanced sound system
Front and Rear giga-castings

Here's the video:

I rented a Model S Plaid this past week, for fun. The push button signals on the yoke took some getting used to. I don't like it. The on-screen gear shifter is weird too. I personally prefer the stalks. The yoke is weird too, and I found it challenging to make long turns. If the highland will have the same features, I may need to get my current gen order in now, lol.
Some will be the same like stalkless wheels and the onscreen gear shift. Other things like the yoke wheel, will probably be optional. After-all, they brought back the wheel for the S and X.

Just watched the Youtube video below discussing 8 more possible Model 3 Highland upgrades in addition to the 6 we already know about:

Ventilated seats
Rear infotainment screen
Hardware 4
Drive by wire steering

The other 8 are:

Hatchback?
Suspension raised higher
Structural battery config (10% less mass, 370 less parts, more Manganese, longer life)
Enhanced sound system

Here's the video:
Longer nose might be because of safety crumple zone 🤷🏽‍♂️

Reactions: mrbulk

Ventilated seats
Rear infotainment screen
Hardware 4
Drive by wire steering

The other 8 are:

Hatchback?
Suspension raised higher
Enhanced sound system

Here's the video:

That new photo much of that speculation is based on is believed to be a test mule cobbled together to test the new platform (aka Model 2) drivetrain. It's clearly a completely different drivetrain - wheels not centred in the arches, smaller brakes with different calipers in different locations, evidence of a McPherson strut front setup, the rear door and rear end is chopped shorter, the covers likely covering gaping misalignment of chopped body panels.

So can safely ignore things like longer nose, higher suspension and a hatchback coming to Highland. Upgraded audio was already rumoured. And use of castings and structural battery are pretty much assumed to be the main reasons for doing Highland in the first place! So that just leaves evolution of the motors and batteries - yeah, probably, maybe, maybe not. That is going on all the time anyway.

• Helpful
Reactions: Eugene Ash
…So that just leaves evolution of the motors and batteries…
And the rear screen infotainment option. I hadn’t seen speculation on that. Curious if would include Steam gaming and the dedicated GPU.

Gotta love a guy with post it notes who says I don’t know anything but I searched the internet… Kind of the opposite of a Munro video.

And the rear screen infotainment option. I hadn’t seen speculation on that. Curious if would include Steam gaming and the dedicated GPU.

Gotta love a guy with post it notes who says I don’t know anything but I searched the internet… Kind of the opposite of a Munro video.
:D So either he has really good sources and he's just mentioning this 10 times as a disclaimer to protect his source or ... he made these things up and had trouble remembering them. Only time will tell

They penny pinched and axed the passenger lumbar, and the radar-less cars are still bumbling around searching for curbs lol. I'd give the chance of a rear infotainment .00001%. I'm excited to see the refresh though.