Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RHD model 3 in Melbourne 28-07-2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It appears highly likely the top secret car will be a model 3 RHD. Caradvice have a slighter better attitude towards Tesla cars than other media outlets across Australia, this is lead by Paul Maric who has a P3D on order, a few other members of the Caradvice writing team are historically less than enthusiastic about anything Tesla and often go out of their way to fabricate facts rather than do some basic research, nothing would disappoint those writers more than a flood of enthusiastic model 3 buyer turning up today showing their love for the Tesla on display.
121 Dover street Cremorne.

CarAdvice Open Garage: EV Special!

Looks like that's right!

upload_2019-7-28_12-3-24.png

My highly scientific analysis of the video seems to show the steering wheel on the left. Unless the video is reversed since he's using a front-facing camera on his phone.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-28 at 12.10.28 PM .png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-28 at 12.10.28 PM .png
    395.3 KB · Views: 45
It appears highly likely the top secret car will be a model 3 RHD. Caradvice have a slighter better attitude towards Tesla cars than other media outlets across Australia, this is lead by Paul Maric who has a P3D on order, a few other members of the Caradvice writing team are historically less than enthusiastic about anything Tesla and often go out of their way to fabricate facts rather than do some basic research, nothing would disappoint those writers more than a flood of enthusiastic model 3 buyer turning up today showing their love for the Tesla on display.
121 Dover street Cremorne.

CarAdvice Open Garage: EV Special![/QUO

Attachments

• 381AD7EE-A0B6-4AFF-8AF1-9AA2696AC792.jpeg
    381AD7EE-A0B6-4AFF-8AF1-9AA2696AC792.jpeg
    528 KB · Views: 63
Thanks for that. The Performance Plus 3, in red, with the white interior was on display. Right hand drive.

I had a bit of a look, bit of a sit, and honestly.. whilst the white was nice, I don't think it was almost $3000 extra nice. (Much like the red is nice, but not almost $4000 extra nice.) So I'm sticking with my current order (LR AWD, black interior, white paint job) and looking forward to getting it in September.

Word is the model 3 will be delivered with both 10 and 15amp plugs, for anyone in attendance today that may have seen the UMC, are the plugs like the original 10amp inline plug or are they a right angle plug?
I'm also under the impression when plugged into 10 or 15amp the UMC will only draw 80% of the available amps, did anyone get some info on this?

Word is the model 3 will be delivered with both 10 and 15amp plugs, for anyone in attendance today that may have seen the UMC, are the plugs like the original 10amp inline plug or are they a right angle plug?
I'm also under the impression when plugged into 10 or 15amp the UMC will only draw 80% of the available amps, did anyone get some info on this?

whats more important is; does the UMC have 3 phase support?

Reactions: jaykaye