Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Model S/X LHD Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone hoping some of the 7,250 S/X that are due in Europe from October '22 are Plaid X and arriving in the UK?
If Fremont makes 933 Plaid x per month out of 4,333 S&X ie 22% of production then technically of the 7250 arriving then 1559 "should" be plaid X's but divided by Europe then Uk = 10% of that? 156 Plaid X arriving in UK in Q4??
Clearly lots of variables but can you estimate better?

Attachments

• IMG_1764.PNG
    IMG_1764.PNG
    655.2 KB · Views: 436
  • IMG_1765.jpg
    IMG_1765.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 170

With the S/X only being made in Fremont, this has to be good news!
They make M3 and MY at Fremont too, so the growth could well be those models. You’ve been able to get new MS from inventory with hardly any wait for a while now in the US, Canada and Mexico

Anyone hoping some of the 7,250 S/X that are due in Europe from October '22 are Plaid X and arriving in the UK?
If Fremont makes 933 Plaid x per month out of 4,333 S&X ie 22% of production then technically of the 7250 arriving then 1559 "should" be plaid X's but divided by Europe then Uk = 10% of that? 156 Plaid X arriving in UK in Q4??
Clearly lots of variables but can you estimate better?
The news isn’t looking good on this either, not sure who’s charts you’re showing but the consensus for the U.K. is nothing until 2023 at best, in part because of RHD changes.

They make M3 and MY at Fremont too, so the growth could well be those models. You’ve been able to get new MS from inventory with hardly any wait for a while now in the US, Canada and Mexico
Feels like you're being argumentative!
I've highlighted new facts with that link while you've also stated (well known) but dated facts.
We both are guessing but what makes you think you're right?

Feels like you're being argumentative!
I've highlighted new facts with that link while you've also stated (well known) but dated facts.
We both are guessing but what makes you think you're right?
It’s well known that there is no talk of MS or MX cars coming to Europe, let alone U.K. any time soon. If that’s seen as argumentative to you, so be it, I’m just trying to tell you what the general opinion is here rather than extrapolating a factory output that services the US market, an old set of dates which became outdated a while back or quoting somebody with Tesla in their name who tweets.

It’s well known that there is no talk of MS or MX cars coming to Europe, let alone U.K. any time soon. If that’s seen as argumentative to you, so be it, I’m just trying to tell you what the general opinion is here rather than extrapolating a factory output that services the US market, an old set of dates which became outdated a while back or quoting somebody with Tesla in their name who tweets.
It's "well known" by who? (link?) -genuinely, I'm not being facetious
Is "general opinion" now never to be tested in light of new hard data?
"Old set of data" (from the 2nd June 2022) ...10 days?! Are you being serious?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's "well known" by who? (link?) -genuinely, I'm not being facetious
Is "general opinion" now never to be tested in light of new hard data?
"Old set of data" (from the 2nd June 2022) ...10 days?! Are you being serious?
Tesla stopped the ability to order a car with an actual price some time ago (that’s the out of date part), you can only really reserve one, they removed any suggestion of delivery window on the order page, those with orders have no dates. On various forums including the official uk owners group they say no chance this year, uk tesla sales centres say they believe it’s not this year.

All you”ve offered is an increase in Fremont production and somebodies spreadsheet that’s not come from Tesla, ie nothing much.

I saw the rumour that some people in Europe are getting the ‘prepare for delivery’ messages. Maybe it is good news, it’s about time. My sense check: didn’t tesla send out similar requests to m3 and my order holders prematurely recently, possibly a computer glitch? If not, then maybe.. There are model s cars coming up all the time in new inventory in the US.

I saw the rumour that some people in Europe are getting the ‘prepare for delivery’ messages. Maybe it is good news, it’s about time. My sense check: didn’t tesla send out similar requests to m3 and my order holders prematurely recently, possibly a computer glitch? If not, then maybe.. There are model s cars coming up all the time in new inventory in the US.
Are you going to apologise to me now or wait until the cars are in European holders hands?

Are you going to apologise to me now or wait until the cars are in European holders hands?
If we see a new Model S in the UK this year I'll gladly pay for your first full charge, and it is UK cars you were talking about, not European cars.

Nothing in that article suggests UK cars are on the way. Every model launch to date has started with LHD cars being shipped to Europe and then UK cars follow between 6 and 18 months later. If that pattern is followed, assuming a car arives in Europe in Q3, we might just about get them in Q1 next year.

I asked at the sales centre last week and they've still no idea when or even if they'll be here. I think in general they're kept in the dark a little by the mothership, but they're certainly not encouraging people to go that way, in fact they tried to talk me into a new Model 3. They're not expecting them, if anything they were fed up with the topic.

Anyone else waiting for a Plaid in the UK ?

I ordered an MS Plaid+ about 30 seconds after it was announced on Battery-Day, 22nd Sept 2020 .. nearly 2 yrs ago .. but not a peep out of Tesla ever since, despite a couple of recent email/phone enquiries ...

I'm also curious to know where I am in the 'queue'. My RN is 1139806xx

Care to share ?

Last edited:
When I bought my S 4yrs ago the plan was to swap it in 2-3 years for the new roadster...
Now I'm torn between hanging onto it cos of free supercharging or forget it all and buy a cheap secondhand fossil car and ignore all the hype and false promises.

Computer glitch?! :rolleyes: