TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Ricardo Reyes Returns to Head Tesla Communications

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by Curt Renz, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Curt Renz

Curt Renz Active Member

2. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Good news.

3. markb1

markb1 Active Member

Tesla could definitely use some help in the communications department!

4. FluxCap

FluxCap Active Member

A solid hire (again)!

5. ArtInCT

ArtInCT Always Learning

Perhaps the "FEATURES" link in the Tesla Motors web site will eventually point to something other than the "Design Studio"?
    And how about some in-depth options descriptions for Model S?

6. Zaxxon

Zaxxon Member

7. FluxCap

FluxCap Active Member

Guess he was...not so solid?

I'm not sure whether this is a material event or not. It does seem par for the course for Elon, though.

8. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Honestly... Not really sure what he brought to the table...

9. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

nisska ftw

10. FluxCap

FluxCap Active Member

Someone got the joke!

11. woof

woof Model S #P683 Blue 85 kWh

Only one "s" in Niska.

12. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Tesla Motors Chief Spokesman Leaves Ahead of Model 3 Unveil

Didn't last two years, but that seems par for the course. The difficult thing for TMC is we're basically dealing with someone different each year. But by the time the new guy gets us, he's gone. Perhaps the only guy to ever really get us, and show an actual understanding and appreciation of what TMC is, was George B. Man do I miss George.

• Like x 1
  13. bonnie

That hasn't been my experience - lots of people there that I interact with that have been there from the beginning or near the beginning (and many in a position of authority). Like any business (including TMC), Tesla is made up of individuals, all doing the best they can.

I'll second the fact that George B is missed. He was one of the best I ever saw in handling those individual interactions, in fact he got energy from it. But I guess we don't always have the luxury of a George B everywhere. And then it comes down to managing the relationship.

• Like x 1
  14. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

Missing GB as well

15. nienco2

nienco2 Member

Just such strange timing 2 weeks before M3 reveal, seems like might have been a "jump" vs a "push" fwiw

16. bonnie

We all do, Discoduck :). George was probably the only person I witnessed repeatedly gaining energy from a crowd. Where I'd be worn out at the end of a long evening, he was energized. He truly enjoyed his interactions with every single customer he met. It showed. It was amazing to watch.

But my point, of course, is that when you're running a business (such as TMC), you have to work with your partner. Very few of us in business have the luxury of a George B on the other side of the table. And while at times, Tesla as a corp can be frustrating, the individuals are not. Pretty normal in the biz world to have to actively manage a relationship and make sure everyone is on the same page, especially when it's an important partner. It's not on a 'George B' to make a relationship work, it's on everyone.

• Like x 1
  17. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

@bonnie Umm.. you seem to be reading too much into what I said. Also I don't really view TMC as a business beyond what's needed for liability protection and sustainability.
    Regardless, for what I have to do, I'm interacting with someone different every other year because they "leave" or get fired. Simple fact. However, George was from beginning to end, far above everyone else (sorry guys) just amazing to work with. And on the occasions I had to chat with him post Tesla, he's still awesome.

Too my recollection, most of the major departures have been before a significant event. It might just be how they time the news to balance the impact.

18. DougH

DougH Active Member

Did Jerome come back to Tesla?

19. mkjayakumar

mkjayakumar Active Member

I am sorry, Bonnie, who are the partners /actors you are referring to ? One is the departed Reyes. And the other is? Tesla customers?

20. bonnie

Sorry, thought that was clear from my post and also doug's response to my post. Tesla (the company) is a partner of TMC (the company). (doug took issue, doesn't see TMC as a business.)