TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Rick Hesel's (artsci) Lighted T on Dee Snider's Model S - it's rockin cool!

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by mczajka, Jul 29, 2016.

1. mczajka

mczajka Member

Funny, my brother who is into cars, saw this on TV.

2. CuriousG

CuriousG Member

The gold rims are so 80s. Maybe it's just me but exterior wise everything looks worse. Plus what's up with using Evannex center console when you can get OEM center console? I mean aside from the $700 or so price difference. The lighted T is nice since it retains the OEM look except when you want it on.

3. artsci

artsci Sponsor

The gold rims and some of the other stuff he had done are a bit tacky. But the lighted T? Pure class:)

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  4. CuriousG

CuriousG Member

Methinks there's a bit of bias there though.

5. Vince Cobelo

Vince Cobelo Member

That is the most butt ugly Tesla I have ever seen.

• Like x 1
  6. Chopr147

Chopr147 Active Member

That is an old show. "Counting Cars" episode but I think it's over a year ago so things like center console were not available yet. Re-fresh was not out yet etc..........

7. CuriousG

CuriousG Member

I think center console was still available but the older style. I remember certain trims weren't available for months though.

8. STbreaker

STbreaker Member

Wow, that looks like what we used to want to do with salvage title Civics and Integras when I was in high school and first learning to drive... But way worse. Even then we knew better than to put gold rims on anything except a Blue WRX

9. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

Other than the red "T", that is the most revoltingly ugly vehicle I have seen in a long time!! Such appalling taste!

10. CraZ8

CraZ8 Member

Other than add t sportline stuff ,a lighted T and some hideous rims all they did was give it a painfull paint job. Almost no interior mods except a bolt in evanax console. I think their crew was completely flummoxed as to what to do. It also goes to show if you are starting with something designed and done right it's tough to improve upon. I wonder how much they charged poor Dee for butchering his Tesla (and I usually like counting cars!)