Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rivian Automotive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Rivian is out of my price range.

However, it does have one thing that makes it attractive to me. The range. I have to travel 2 to 3 hours out of town one way for my job, on a regular basis. With pretty much no charging network, around here even Tesla would make that trip hard to do.

Reasonable article from Motor Trend comparing the Rivian to the Cybertruck Tesla Cybertruck vs. 2021 Rivian R1T: Electric Trucks Compared - MotorTrend - Motor Trend

The Cybertruck is priced much lower. At the high end it has more range.

Aesthetics are subjective, or course. :D The Cybertruck is growing on me.

Just based on the specs, the Cybertruck seems much better. Wider and longer bed, better towing and hauling capacity. Price wise too. Tesla's top end is cheaper than the least expensive Rivian. Gotta be that Tesla is much further along the declining battery pack price slope than anyone.

Maybe starting with a clean sheet of paper paid off. Design is growing on me too.

RT

Last edited:
Just based on the specs, the Cybertruck seems much better. Wider and longer bed, better towing and hauling capacity. Price wise too. Tesla's top end is cheaper than the least expensive Rivian. Gotta be that Tesla is much further along the declining battery pack price slope than anyone.

Maybe starting with a clean sheet of paper paid off. Design is growing on me too.

RT

I agree ... but. The Cybertruck, like the equivalent F150 is not a small vehicle. You will stick out of parking spaces, and forget about narrow ones. Great for construction job sites and off roading, but not so much for shopping.

Reactions: KJD