Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rivian Automotive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
upload_2020-5-1_23-12-34.png

Sorry to see Ford nepotism at work already at Rivian. I'm afraid they will end up more like Ford and the big 3 instead of like Tesla.

1) Ford was the only Detroit OEM to escape bankruptcy in 2008 largely because the Ford family protected their interest and by extension shareholder interest. Elon has cited this specifically in his reason to put his Tesla shares in a family trust with his sons.

2) One of seven board seats to Ford does not make Rivian a Ford clone any more than a seat early on for Daimler-Benz(after Daimler invested $50M into Tesla) made Tesla a Mercedes clone.

Friend of mine works in exterior design department for Rivian. He informed me the front end design will change after the first production model year.
Can you ask him to make the "grille" portion be part of the hood so you can push things straight into the frunk instead of having to lift everything up and over the "grille". The frunk is huge, but anything bulky or heavy would be a pain to load with the current design.

Reactions: swaltner and mspohr
Can you ask him to make the "grille" portion be part of the hood so you can push things straight into the frunk instead of having to lift everything up and over the "grille". The frunk is huge, but anything bulky or heavy would be a pain to load with the current design.
I'll certainly mention it. What's funny is he left Ford to go to Rivian - Ford was/still is begging him to come back. He is not a fan of the current thinking at Ford. He never drove an electric car until I got a 3 last year and let him drive it. He loves it.

• Love
Reactions: EVNation and mspohr
I'll certainly mention it. What's funny is he left Ford to go to Rivian - Ford was/still is begging him to come back. He is not a fan of the current thinking at Ford. He never drove an electric car until I got a 3 last year and let him drive it. He loves it.
The Ford Focus Electric was almost my first EV. I just couldn’t get past the batteries consuming most of the hatchback. Compared to our Teslas, it was underpowered, but it was still really fun to drive. I’m sure your friend is having fun at Rivian.