Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadside Assistance Nightmare

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a flat tire, noticed it in the morning. I am scheduled to go on a road trip, but Tesla roadside assistance told me that the tow truck will be here in two and half hours.

After that, they DO NOT know how long it will take the service center to fix the tire! Also, there is nothing they can do or even want to do to help!

I had a flat tire, noticed it in the morning. I am scheduled to go on a road trip, but Tesla roadside assistance told me that the tow truck will be here in two and half hours.

After that, they DO NOT know how long it will take the service center to fix the tire! Also, there is nothing they can do or even want to do to help!
Why don’t you take it to a local tire shop? I will never understand why people buy tires from the dealership.

I've noticed a rash of new posters joining and complaining about tire-related issues. :confused:

There are many better, faster, cheaper options than going through Tesla, but they always choose the worst one. I guess that means you can join TMC and complain about Tesla.

Not just tire related problems. There are also range related threads that exhibit the same new user, one post pattern. One in particular has not not seen the original poster again.

Why don’t you take it to a local tire shop? I will never understand why people buy tires from the dealership.
I think it depends where you live and how far the SC is from your house. I live an hour away from the nearest SC so no way was I going to have it towed there for a flat. I had to call 5 tire shops before finding one that would even touch my car, so there is that aspect...and they had to special order the tire which took 5 days to get in.

Reactions: Evoforce
Ditto - I was able to get to a Mr. Tire when I got my flat, but they flat out said they aren't allowed to work on Tesla's. I'm only 15 minutes from a SC but mobile service was very easy to schedule and did a great job. Sucks OP's in the situation but I wouldn't classify it as a nightmare by any stretch.

The first room that I would need for the table and chairs and I I've noticed a rash of new posters joining and complaining about tire-related
I've noticed a rash of new posters joining and complaining about tire-related issues. :confused:

There are many better, faster, cheaper options than going through Tesla, but they always choose the worst one. I guess that means you can join TMC and complain about Tesla.
please explain what the better, faster, cheaper options are?

Better, faster, cheaper.
- take off your tire and take it to tire place.
Some will do it fo free, some will charge $20-40.
It will be faster since no need to wait for tow truck.
Cheaper - you can’t beat FREE
Better - for your mental health for sure.

If tire holds air and deflates just to say 20-25 psi I drive it to tire shop.
If it is totally flat, I take it off in less than couple min and take it to tire place myself! Did it multiple times.

I probably spent more time typing this.

most Tesla owners are NOT car guys/girls, so changing tires or basic car care & maintenance can be nightmare to them.
Not to forget that car does not come with jack or pads. So unless you have those, you could not take the tire off anyway. If you have a second car, you might use that car's jack, but still no pads? (I bought pads, 12V air pump, tire patching kit; haven't needed it yet).

Reactions: coleman567