Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Flat Tire Q's - What's the latest?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've heard horror stories on the Bolt forum (Bolt does not have a spare tire) where someone has a non-repairable flat, has to get a tow truck, and then find a hotel somewhere while he waits for the tire to be delivered and installed.

I look at the worst case scenario; Saturday night, busy freeway, most places closed and have to wait possible hours for a tow truck.
Great advertising, think I will drop the $600 for a Modern Spare for my Feb 2022 MSLR. I've take day long trips with just plug kit and portable tire inflator. Maybe its time for a Modern Spare for an upcoming multiple day trip.

Attachments

• Spare 3.jpg
    Spare 3.jpg
    744.8 KB · Views: 86
  • Spare 2.jpg
    Spare 2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 53
  • Spare 1.jpg
    Spare 1.jpg
    816.7 KB · Views: 57
  • Helpful
Reactions: zoomer0056
What about a Jack and accesories. I haven’t seen them on my Y.
I have used the scissor jack that I bought with the Modernspare several times for flats and it works as well as all the other scissor jacks I have used. When I rotate the tires I use a floor jack from Harbor Freight (it was about $70 five of six years ago-I always wanted one but didn't really need one) to lift the back and then use the scissor jack to raise the front. I also carry a plug kit in each car. I have always carried a lot of stuff to fix the cars I drive, staring with my first car, a new 1970 Fiat Spyder.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Let’s agree on the list to have beyond the spare, Jack and socket (separate list, for this list please add, subtract, and where I have it wrong, correct):
Latex gloves, ground cover (for when you have to get low and in good clothes), Tesla tire repair kit, leak plug screws, and plug kit. What did I miss?

Spare list is easier, Modern Spare Kit with bag plus 1/2 inch drive x 21mm Non-marring Impact Deep Lug Nut, what did I miss?

...or this...Vredestein Space Master (off a Maserati Levante...$400/new from an auto dismantler...), Harbor Freight hydraulic jack, breaker bar, all tucked very nicely in the deep well behind the rear wheels.

Attachments

• vredestein8.jpg
    vredestein8.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 37
  • vredestein6 - Copy.jpg
    vredestein6 - Copy.jpg
    523.8 KB · Views: 38