Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster Foundry License Plate Bracket

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have a picture of a Roadster 2.5 with the factory mount installed by Tesla? I'm thinking about going with the factory mount and returning the foundry bracket.

Last edited:
I finally got my Foundry bracket installed. They sent it without the M10 bolt... Telsa only sent one M6. I tried Home Depot. I tried Lowes. I tried EV Tech. I've had the Tesla for 6 weeks, and the bracket for around 4, and I got tried of lugging it around in my trunk. I eventually found an M10 (1.5 pitch) 40mm long with a hex drive at a small local ACE hardware. While I was at it, I also got 4 x M6 x 10mm. The front license plate is now mounted... whew!

Maybe I'm lucky, but I have not had a front license plate on any of my vehicles (CA) in the last 35 years! I have one fixit ticket to show for it 35 years ago. My wife and I drive 20K miles per year and no problems. Now our kids drive thse cars, and still no front plate. At each new car purchase I tell the dealer not to install the plate to avoid the additional holes ine bumper or ?? Im surprised to see the amount of ticketing reported on this site!

They seem to be a lot more strict here in certain parts of Texas at least. This is the first state I've ever lived in that even required a front plate. If it really was necessary, you would think every state would do it but it's probably just an additional source of revenue.

Have the rules or procedures changed in CA recently ? Is the "missing front plate" still just a (no cost) fixit ticket ? Or is there a cost or points associated with it now ?

( I should add ... are there local variations in "procedure" ? Officer's discretion ? )

Have the rules or procedures changed in CA recently ? Is the "missing front plate" still just a (no cost) fixit ticket ? Or is there a cost or points associated with it now ?

( I should add ... are there local variations in "procedure" ? Officer's discretion ? )
It's a fix-it ticket. There are no points but it is FAR from "no-cost". There are a bunch of "fees" plus the PITA of proving (getting a form signed by an officer) that you've rectified it. Of course you have to go to the courthouse to first get the form, get it signed, then go back to the courthouse. It's several hours of your life and IIRC ~$60 (maybe more - it's been a couple years).

Anytime a cop pulls you over it's at his or her discretion. At the end of the day it's an excuse for a cop to go on a fishing expedition. I'd rather not give them the excuse.

I still haven't received my Foundry bracket from currentevtech.com that I placed the end of November. My credit card was charged right away (via Paypal). I'll send e-mails but am having a hard time getting a response. Paypal says you have to dispute things within 45 days though. The e-mail I got back said he'd contact the guy making them to find out what was taking so long but that was in December 28th. My last 4 e-mails since January 5th have gone unanswered. Guess I'll call today.

Tesla apparently has a front bracket option for Roadster 2.5 owners that doesn't screw into the frame at all now but it costs $327. I'll probably just do that. Would like to get my money refunded though.

Last edited:
Still haven't received my bracket or my refund. I was finally able to get ahold of him via phone since he didn't respond to his e-mails. Was told a check was in the mail but that was mid March. No response since then.

Has anyone gotten their Foundry bracket since mid December?

That guy never replied to my email requests for availability, so I took matters into my own hands and figured out a way to mount my license plate without drilling into the car. I drilled a hole into the plastic bracket supplied by Tesla and stuck through a 100mm 10X1.5 metric bolt with a 10mm washer directly into the threaded tow ring mount on the front of the car (after removing the plastic screw they put in there to protect the threads). To get the angle just right I stuck on some 1/16" rubber sheet (3M bumpon material) to the back here and there, but velcro loop would have worked as well. Here's how it turned out.

Attachments

• photo-78.JPG
    photo-78.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 163
  • photo-79.JPG
    photo-79.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 131
Just a warning for people to not order from Current EV Tech

The guy refuses to answer recent e-mails or calls and I have an e-mail from March 16th saying literally 'the check's in the mail' and I never got it. Of course he waited long enough that it's outside the window to dispute the Paypal charge and also my credit card too. Very smart on his part. If he can't get the Foundry bracket, fine. Simply refund the money. If he can, I ordered it in November and still don't have it. He did charge my credit card the day I ordered it but never shipping anything and won't refund the money.

There's the BBB report on them as well. They don't deliver products.

It's only $88 but it's kind of pissing me off more than anything.

Last edited: