TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Roadster in Australia

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by nicholas, Feb 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. nicholas

nicholas Member

So the other day on my drive to Manly I was completely shocked to see what I believe to be a blue roadster. I am 98% certain that it was a roadster but am just wondering if anyone else has spotted it, I couldn't believe my eyes. I have seen the lotus elise in real life but the symbol was too large - the car was going in the other direction 3 lanes away (yes I am aware they are not identical).

2. YBT

YBT Member

I've spotted a red one in Brisbane - parked near a Tesla destination charger so it definitely wasn't an Elise. Also spotted a Model S & a BMW i8 in that very same carpark. Perhaps the electrons form a mild gravitational field :rolleyes:

3. Mark77a

Mark77a Member

According to Tesla Melbourne there are about 17 Roadsters in OZ.

4. ColinA

ColinA Member

We have 13 in our spotted list (just hte ones that have been photographed and posted) - 3 x NSW, 2 x VIC, 2 x QLD, 2 x SA, 2 x WA, 2 x NZ

5. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

Not only are there some listed...

One is for sale...

It's one of Simon H's cars... Not sure if it's the one he broke the EV record on in 2009...

6. TesAus

TesAus Member

There are at least two blue roadsters in Sydney because I have seen them both parked in the domain car park at the same time (I think I posted a photo to the spotted thread with them and my model S in it about a year ago).

7. webbrowan

webbrowan New Member

You really need some luck to spot those beauties and as far as I am concerned, I haven’t had such opportunity yet but I’m still on a lookout though during my daily commute. Nevertheless, I’m always making sure my car is safe on the road that I sometimes get totally unaware of my surroundings. Hope to spot one soon at a carpark nearby!