Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster reservations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It took me 1.9 seconds to reserve - haven't been this excited since i reserved my 85 in 2010 - have to build new garage now, but have the time - wow!

I pulled the trigger too. I didn't do the Founders Series since that is too much money to advance for 2+ years. I did the original Signature Series Model S and it really was not worth putting up the $40K to get the car only a couple of months ahead of the normal reservations. Tesla also didn't do much to distinguish the Signature from the standard model (other than special paint color and very subtle branding) and nothing special for the owners.

Prettiest screenshot I have ever taken on my phone!View attachment 260904

I'll see your 3 Tesla's, and raise you 3 more.
Tesla Account.jpg

Who wants to guess how much money they raise in the Roadster kickstarter campaign? I'm figuring they could hit a billion dollars.

That would be 1,000 founders and 15,000 base confirmed reservations. I'm being pessimistic here, but I doubt the market is that big with enough people willing to tie up $50,000 in capital for 3+ years.

I'm sure the founders edition will sell out, but not for awhile. I'm curious to know what options are making up the $50,000 difference that the base car doesn't have.

I'm sure someone will start a poll, in what year/quarter will Tesla sell out on the Founders Edition Roadster.

... I'm curious to know what options are making up the $50,000 difference that the base car doesn't have...

Based on past Tesla vehicles, I would guess things like:
* Better interior materials
* Better sound system
* Upgraded wheel option
* Maybe include autopilot
...etc...

Although with a $200K base price, I would think people would expect most things to be premium already...

I'll take your Roadster, S, X, Powerwall, 3 reservation, and Founders Roadster 2020 reservation

and raise you a Roadster Sport, S, X, Two Powerwall systems, a 3 reservation, and a Founders Roadster 2020 reservation

but i can't get it all to fit in one screenshot :)

Sounds like Central Florida is going to have two Founders Roadsters fairly early on. Meet up in 2020?

I'll see your 3 Tesla's, and raise you 3 more.
View attachment 261797

I'll take your Roadster, S, X, Powerwall, 3 reservation, and Founders Roadster 2020 reservation

and raise you a Roadster Sport, S, X, Two Powerwall systems, a 3 reservation, and a Founders Roadster 2020 reservation

but i can't get it all to fit in one screenshot :)

Sounds like Central Florida is going to have two Founders Roadsters fairly early on. Meet up in 2020?

Sure, but to be honest with ourselves, 2020 probably isn't coming until 2021 or 2022. :)