Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RPM Spoiler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What about gloss vs matte for MSM? Don't care whether it is close to OEM or not in terms of finish but rather which one goes better with MSM.

Here's an idea of what gloss would look like on MSM
IMG_20181013_162148.png

I tried weight, I tried tape, I tried tape and weight. It simply doesn't stay down. I followed the instructions, the paint was very hot and clean.
Now there is a bit of dirt under the VHB tape and its not staying at all unless I take it all off and rework it.

I'll probably just toss it in the trash once the factory one shows up.

I tried weight, I tried tape, I tried tape and weight. It simply doesn't stay down. I followed the instructions, the paint was very hot and clean.
Now there is a bit of dirt under the VHB tape and its not staying at all unless I take it all off and rework it.

I'll probably just toss it in the trash once the factory one shows up.

Why don't you tell RPM this and see what they say. Maybe it was defective and they can send you a new one.

Installation takes a lot of time and patience, definitely not as easy as he makes it seem on video.

It was easy and quick to put an aftermarket one on my S. I just used a clay bar on the paint to ensure it sticks properly, taped it out first with masking tape, added more 3M tape to the bottom of the aftermarket one, and pressed it on. I'd blame RPM for your problems.

Carbon Fiber Spoiler

Really wish an aftermarket one was styled more like the OEM.

That's what I'm waiting for. I'm certain it's coming and I'm in no rush and buying from RPM is just asking for problems, in my view at least. Someone else will be making one like the OEM -- it took a bit of time to get a decent aftermarket one for the S, like it will with the 3.

I am pretty unhappy with the fit of my RPM spoiler, and them as a company.

Me too. I'd never buy from RPM -- too creepy and unethical for me to deal with:

Tesla Puddle Lights on Amazon Canada

Last edited:
Also, I know that the TSportsline spoiler is pricier, but having dealt with RPM Tesla's delays and horrible customer service, it's worth every penny. I'll never give RPM another dime again.
Honestly, I took one look at how the website was riddled with typos and wondered about the lack of detail I might find with customer service and quality control. Granted, you don't have to be an English major to produce and delivery high-quality after market parts, but if you are selling sight-unseen to the public, you have to put your best foot forward.

• Funny
Reactions: rainforest
TBH, I want the OEM one just as an easier place to grab to close the trunk without leaving fingerprint marks.

The OEM one is probably the most susceptible one to break off if you apply downward pressure on it due to it's design. Rpm would be the best one for this purpose as it sits entirely on the top, and tsportline comes in second in that it at least adheres to the top of the trunk.

The OEM one is probably the most susceptible one to break off if you apply downward pressure on it due to it's design. Rpm would be the best one for this purpose as it sits entirely on the top, and tsportline comes in second in that it at least adheres to the top of the trunk.

I doubt any of them would easily break off under normal trunk closing forces. CF is really strong and flexible even very thin.

I do like mine for the same reason though, that's where I put my fingerprints when I close my trunk, right on the spoiler.

Yes, but it’s 5x the price of the rpm one, isn’t it?
Maybe 10x even, that's why it would be nice to see an aftermarket one was styled more like the OEM version.

The OEM one is probably the most susceptible one to break off if you apply downward pressure on it due to it's design.
Well, if that is the case then Tesla will have a bunch of warranty issues with all the 3s with the spoiler.