Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Again??

About a week ago Ukraine killed a group of 10 Russians & 10 Iranian instructors were training them, didn’t they?

Isn’t this just old news about the same event??

Edit- unless Iranian drone Instructors grow ten-on-the-cob or something.
Could have happened as long as a week ago, but first time showing in news feeds I can find. Don’t see anything posted a week ago. Per reports, an unnamed Ukrainian official is said to have mentioned this today. Sometimes things happening near real time get leaked by soldiers in unconfirmed reports. Maybe you saw something in a Twitter feed or similar then?

10 Iranians who were training Russian soldiers were killed in Ukrainian strikes in the Russia-Ukraine war in the past week, a Ukrainian official told KAN news on Friday.

https://m.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-720252/amp

Last edited:
Reactions: petit_bateau
I don't understand why this point is controversial and/or disliked:

And let's go to the Bakhmut area were Russia continues to advance their forces ...

My original point was that it would be unwise for Ukraine to give up their offensive in Kherson and try to attack here instead. I look at the maps provided by Denys and for weeks this is the one area where Russia continues to advance, albeit a slow meatgrinder advance.

The closest I could find from this thread was this: At least 11 killed, 15 wounded in attack at Russia military training ground

But that's not the same. I also vaguely thought I've heard of Iranian trainers being killed a week ago or so, but based on my forum searches it hasn't been posted here if that is accurate...
I'm 100% I read this a while back too about Iranian trainers being killed, but can't find it either. Must be an embedded source (could be a tweet).

Here's a source from 9/26 that reported an attack on Iranian drone operators in Kherson:
The Ukrainian Armed Forces destroyed the control and training center for Iranian drone operators

Hard to see how waiting a few weeks/ months to see if the Republicans can sink US support for Ukraine wouldn't be on the strategy board for Russia. As would be making that happen.

Of the 213 Republicans in Congress 57 have voted against at least 1 Ukraine aid package.

There may be a few more added in November but not that many more.

11 Republican Senators have voted against at least 1 Ukraine aid package. Maybe 2-3 will be added this November.

If Republicans gain majority in either House more than likely than not they will demand something in Return for aid packages for Ukraine. Like the Biden administration suing Arizona and Texas for constructing border walls on the Mexican frontier.

If Democrats that have been supporting Aid to Ukraine don't pull support to play politics Ukraine aid should pass just fine.

I'm 100% I read this a while back too about Iranian trainers being killed, but can't find it either. Must be an embedded source (could be a tweet).

Here's a source from 9/26 that reported an attack on Iranian drone operators in Kherson:
The Ukrainian Armed Forces destroyed the control and training center for Iranian drone operators
THAT’S IT!

“As a result of the strike about 20 Iranian instructors and about 40 Russian military were killed” in this 9/26 story.

I wonder why all my searches only showed the recent 10 Iranians killed event vs. the link you found? The 20 Iranians killed event isn’t discussed anywhere else… This seems a little strange, was the 9/26 story some sort of propaganda?

Thanks for finding and posting this.

Last edited:
THAT’S IT!

“As a result of the strike about 20 Iranian instructors and about 40 Russian military were killed” in this 9/26 story.

I wonder why all my searches only showed the recent 10 Iranians killed event vs. the link you found? The 20 Iranians killed event isn’t discussed anywhere else… This seems a little strange, was the 9/26 story some sort of propaganda?

Thanks for finding and posting this.
This was not discussed among the many Youtube channels at all, including the "News" channels. At least I didn't see anything. Maybe they were all waiting for official confirmation and the Ukraine military didn't confirm? Or, maybe, the report is BS.

It's being reported that the Russian strikes on energy facilities in the last 24 hours have been worse than the Oct 10/11 strikes.
They have totally destroyed Lutsk's electricity generation and overall 1.5 million Ukranians and without electricity across the country.
There's also a report that water is being discharged in increasing quantities from the Kakhovka reservoir and this is leading to the Dnipro river level rising downstream.
I think something pretty bad is going to happen around Kherson soon.
It seems to me the Russian scorched earth policy is escalating to the point where there wont be anything worth invading for soon.

Of the 213 Republicans in Congress 57 have voted against at least 1 Ukraine aid package.

There may be a few more added in November but not that many more.

11 Republican Senators have voted against at least 1 Ukraine aid package. Maybe 2-3 will be added this November.

If Republicans gain majority in either House more than likely than not they will demand something in Return for aid packages for Ukraine. Like the Biden administration suing Arizona and Texas for constructing border walls on the Mexican frontier.

If Democrats that have been supporting Aid to Ukraine don't pull support to play politics Ukraine aid should pass just fine.
Your analysis assumes that only a few Republican's would change their vote. Given that McCarthy (the R's leader in the house) voted for aid in the past and he is now claiming he won't in the future, why do you think he won't be able to line up the votes? I mean supporting Russia is the ultimate "stick it to the libs" plan which seems to be the one and only thing anybody (excepting Liz and Adam) in the GOP house cares about.

It's being reported that the Russian strikes on energy facilities in the last 24 hours have been worse than the Oct 10/11 strikes.
They have totally destroyed Lutsk's electricity generation and overall 1.5 million Ukranians and without electricity across the country.
There's also a report that water is being discharged in increasing quantities from the Kakhovka reservoir and this is leading to the Dnipro river level rising downstream.
I think something pretty bad is going to happen around Kherson soon.
It seems to me the Russian scorched earth policy is escalating to the point where there wont be anything worth invading for soon.

The Russians know they are going to loose Kherson, and soon. They are terrified it won't stop there and that the Ukranians are going to roll through and south to Crimea. That's why they are flooding the river, probably going to kill thousands doing so, and taking out the electric infrastructure. It's all a stall tactic.

No mercy, again, bullies respect only one thing. Ukraine needs to totally decimate every last Russian soldier and piece of kit on their territory. Once that is done, and the losses engrained in the Russian psyche, perhaps Russia will think long and hard before they try anything like this again.

The opposition to those programmes was led more by the right wing than the left wing. Much of the funding was deleted to get the bills through the legislature. Absent strong US involvement the various EU and NATO packages towards Russia fizzled.
Hhmm...old man/Vietnam era veteran here. During the Vietnam era and post, most Democrats were against wars (to be fair there was a Southern Conservative Democratic wing at that time that were supportive) and US pro-involvement were often driven by the Democratic Southern Wing + Republicans interventionists (although they had a "liberal" wing & one that didn't support getting involved).

Also, Republicans represented business (big and small) with both parties having representatives that supported the US Military Industrial complex (typically driven by jobs in their respective states and/or their philosophical views).

Interestingly, the Parties have flip-flopped over the years. Today, Democrats are the Party of today's big business (Tech, Banks & others) and are driving the "intervention".

FWIW: USA was much better off when both Parties had Conservative and Liberal wings/members versus today's highly divisive setup.

Not really, most of them in both parties still support big businesses that line their pockets, including the military industrial complex. You should also remember how divided the country was in the Vietnam era.
Well, there is always that since the modern day Political class are self-dealing individuals lining their pockets (cough insider trading, conflicts of interest, business flowing to connected members, lobbying, etc).

However, directionally, Big business (as I noted Tech, Banks and others) in the USA have now gravitated towards the Democratic Party (plenty of articles on that btw). A good part of the reason is that previously USA's orientation was Mfg. based (and they were Republican Party predominantly...much of that core has now been absorbed by Conglomerates with Mfg. often made overseas) and the biggest modern-day US economic drivers have been Tech/banking with knowledge workers.

Yes, the Vietnam era was clearly divisive and much of USA's very old currently in charge political class views were formulated during that period (btw: may they all ride into the sunset....50 of the Senate are 65+ with 26 70+ & House has 137 65+ with 76 70+...Democratic Party in particular is aged with many of the House/Senate leaders close to 80 and/or 80+) and let younger folks lead. As I noted, I'm older but I recognize that my generation has failed the leadership test and we absolutely need younger blood in the House, Senate & Presidency.

FWIW: I fully support backing Ukraine and wish weapons would have been delivered sooner with more volume/sophistication but.....I understand some of the reticence since a Nuclear Armageddon is clearly a risk.