Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Optimus bots?
I notice a lot of M113s have been going to Ukraine lately. The US must be clearing out the depot of these old infantry vehicles. I would guess they are probably pretty easy to bring back into service. They are pretty simple designs. Basically a box on treads.

I would like to see the US get some of the M163s back from Chile. Chile has a lot of them. The M163 is an M113 chassis with the Vulcan 20mm cannon from the F-4 Phantom and a radar dish. It would be a very cheap to feed anti-drone system. The Gepard has proven its worth, but the ammunition for it is in short supply. US 20mm cannon ammunition is cheap and easy to come by.

The US retired the last M163 in the early 1990s, but Chile has something like 900 of them.

That does sound like a good plan.

I remember reading about how a patriot missile cost a few million dollars and a shaheed drone cost 40k. Seems like things like the Gepard are a great solution for that. I wonder if that's how it's working out.

Optimus bots?

That does sound like a good plan.

I remember reading about how a patriot missile cost a few million dollars and a shaheed drone cost 40k. Seems like things like the Gepard are a great solution for that. I wonder if that's how it's working out.

The Patriots are being used for the tougher things to shoot down like ballistic missiles. The drones are getting shot down with cheaper systems, though still sometimes missiles are used. In US service the Avenger missile system replaced the M163. The US gave a bunch to Ukraine.

AN/TWQ-1 Avenger - Wikipedia

And while you're at it @AlekseiNovikov, please take a foto of your screen with FSD Beta enabled. I remember that the first grey imports to Germany back when it wasn't sold here yet didn't even get any OTA updates, let alone had any geofenced features enabled.
I made a short video for you

Last edited:
Thanks, I learned something new today. So, it looks like you have FSD Beta 11.4.9 and a recent firmware going by the design of the blinker arrows. Did you ever get an update for FSD since you took ownership?
Yes, I receive updates regularly, including the beta version of FSD. I upgraded the autopilot computer from version 2.5 to the full self-driving version in February 2023. The first time I got FSD Beta 11.3.6 on firmware version 2023.20.X.

11.05.2024 11:17

The Security Service of Ukraine prevented terrorist attacks planned by the Russian GRU for May 9 in Kyiv. [My u.]
This was reported to Ukrinform by the Security Service of Ukraine spokesman Artem Dekhtiarenko.

“The SBU was proactive, the perpetrators of the terrorist attack were detained red-handed. We have also collected evidence that unequivocally confirms the Russian connection,” Dekhtiarenko said.

The SBU promised to provide details of the special operation later.

Video highlights how money spent in Ukraine is actually being use to modernize U.S. weapons.

The benefits to the US military from this war are many. A lot of weapons are getting upgraded as old versions are sent to Ukraine and replaced with the latest. Money is being freed up for new weapons systems. And the US is learning a ton of information about what works and doesn't work in a near peer fight in the 21st century.

It's obvious Russia is not the threat everyone thought they were, but this is the best test of Russian/Soviet design hardware since WW II. The most potent threat the US faces is China who also has a military that branches from that same tree, though they have made many improvements in recent years. China will be able to flood the battlefield with drones even more than Russia does. That's something the US is scrambling to counter right now.

The $60 billion for the Ukraine war included a big wad of cash for USAF R&D. I think that's all for drone warfare research. How to do it better and how to counter the other guy's drones. US doctrine is to sweep the sky of all enemies and then go in, but neutralizing the drones from the sky is going to be a tricky problem.

Video highlights how money spent in Ukraine is actually being use to modernize U.S. weapons.

Haven't watched that video, but FYI:

"𝗞𝗔𝗡𝗔𝗟𝟭𝟯
The first professional Internet TV of Azerbaijan - 2008"

Source:

And Azerbaijan get's the Super Fantastic score of 7/100 from Freedom House(!)...

So my guess would be that Kanal 13 is pretty much same, same as the Russian Dictator's own Disinformation Propaganda...

The Russian Dictator and his minions have dropped one of their glide bombs on a multi story apartment building in Belgorod. As usual the Russian Dictator and his minions are blaming Ukraine.

Could it be a False Flag like when the Russian Dictator most likely blew up those apartment buildings back in 1999?...

The moment of hitting on an apartment building in the Russian city of Belgorod [sic]

EDIT: Was unable to just embed the second tweet below...

twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/1789581603741577498

Last edited:
More on the Russian Dictator's glide bombing of Belgorod.

Allegedly:

The reason people aren’t seeing a projectile or bomb on this video is not because it is a “false flag demolition”

The camera looking at the south-western side of the building and the explosion was likely caused by a failed Russian glide bomb impacting the north-eastern side.

twitter.com/OAlexanderDK/status/1789600332508430470

Last edited:
From what I understand, most Russians live a non-prosperous life. Oil fields and farm lands are sparcely populated, and living condtions relatively poor.

Only the people living in Moscow and members of the Communist party are the entitled ones.

Few Moscovites are drafted into service. Putin does not want to see truckloads of body bags coming into the city.

Party leaders, military elite and Putin;s friends live a pretty lavish life, but for others it is a struggle, and not something to embrace.

Most of the luxuries are only available in Moscow. The Capital city is far different than the typical rest of Russia.
You might be surprised. Some 10 years ago we traveled Eastern Europe and making reservations and seeing very cheap prices I wondered what we got ourselves into. To our extreme surprise rooms that were 1/3 of US prices were nicer than here. Streets and buildings were very clean and nice. Train rides up to 400 miles were cheap, fast, clean and delightful with full high speed internet as well. No derelict buildings that we see ALL over the U.S. When we got back a good friend and Bosnian refugee said you see the propaganda you have been fed all your life has been just that, propaganda. He was right.

• Informative
Reactions: KBF
You might be surprised. Some 10 years ago we traveled Eastern Europe and making reservations and seeing very cheap prices I wondered what we got ourselves into. To our extreme surprise rooms that were 1/3 of US prices were nicer than here. Streets and buildings were very clean and nice. Train rides up to 400 miles were cheap, fast, clean and delightful with full high speed internet as well. No derelict buildings that we see ALL over the U.S. When we got back a good friend and Bosnian refugee said you see the propaganda you have been fed all your life has been just that, propaganda. He was right.
Did you ask your Bosnian friend why he sought refuge west and not east ?

....Some 10 years ago we traveled Eastern Europe ...
What countries?

...derelict buildings that we see ALL over the U.S...
The vast majority of properties are homes. In the U.S. this represents a very small percent (about 1.5% of single-owner homes and condos). One can get a false impression spending more time in old cities that are the remnants of deindustrialization (Flint, Detroit, etc.) where this is more common.

Despite strong US housing market, these American cities have the most vacant homes

Every Building in America - an Analysis of the US Building Stock

What countries?

The vast majority of properties are homes. In the U.S. this represents a very small percent (about 1.5% of single-owner homes and condos). One can get a false impression spending more time in old cities that are the remnants of deindustrialization (Flint, Detroit, etc.) where this is more common.

Despite strong US housing market, these American cities have the most vacant homes

Every Building in America - an Analysis of the US Building Stock
Slovakia and Chezch Republic. And we saw MANY single family homes as we covered over 700 miles seeing a lot of the countryside.

Reactions: navguy12