Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
War crimes are war crimes no matter who commits them. That said, the twitter account you linked to is a heavy duty pro-Russian anti-Ukrainian shill. Hard to figure it out, but I believe it's not a bot but there is a legit Spanish speaking person behind it, someone linked to extreme left movements there (communists). So probably a real hardcore Putin zealot not a paid one. He hardly posted anything before the beginning of the march then 100's of twits per day...
@EVNow what I don't quite understand is why you keep posting pro russian stuff. Leave aside that Putin is a vile person, he kills and imprisons anyone that opposes him, he has invaded 4 countries that were never threatening anyone nor had a history of doing so (all your comments re gw jr invading iraq happen to ignore the fact that Saddam used POISON GAS on kurds, Iranian Shia, Iraqi Shia. Who had in the previous decade invaded two neighboring countries and was working hard on genocide of the Kurds- GW Jr move was stupid but not because Saddam was innocent or that the majority of Iraqis were not happy to see him go). The Ukrainians and Zelensky are not Iraq and Saddam. All of the western democracies would do well to ban politicians that were on Putins payroll from BJ in the UK to Trump in the USA. When your banker for DB flees the USA to a non extradition treaty country when you lose the election (Trumps banker at DB) oh and was Russian....well maybe the reason DB was the only bank loaning money is abundantly clear and the source of the funds just as clear. For good measure, and long overdue, ban DB from business in the USA. They've been on Putins payroll for far far too long.

Ignore all that I just find your name and position on this very perplexing because Putin has done everything possible to prevent the success of the EV movement. So for someone with the moniker...EVNOW...well it is odd. The cost of fossil fuel addition has never been so clearly high and Putin has been at the forefront of efforts to dismiss the importance of understanding climate change and preventing the adoption of EVs. EVNOW is a great moniker but not only because of the terrible cost to our planet but the terrible power the fossil fuel industry has provided to bad actors. I know all about the bad actors on the side of the USA or UK or Dutch or Germans or China and even India. Anyone with a brain does. Are you simply trying to remind posters that we've done badly in the past? Or is it that you think Putin is somehow a good guy despite the fact he's tried to destroy the thing your moniker says you care most about?

@EVNow what I don't quite understand is why you keep posting pro russian stuff.
Can you show me one “pro” Russian stuff I’ve posted ?

I have followed Putin and how he has destroyed Russia for a long time. Infact he is the archetype alt-right that alt-right people in US, India, Brazil etc follow. Alt-right US and India Twitter trolls for eg. worship him.

All I have been saying is that all war is bad. All invasions are bad. All subjugation is bad. All genocide is bad. Whether that is in Palestine, Yemen, Kashmir, Tibet, Iraq, Afghanistan …

If you think some invasions are bad and others ok … the problem is not on my end.

BTW, here is what someone who actually thinks Putin is a genius says Biden should do.

Reactions: dhrivnak
All I have been saying is that all war is bad. All invasions are bad. All subjugation is bad. All genocide is bad. Whether that is in Palestine, Yemen, Kashmir, Tibet, Iraq, Afghanistan …

If you think some invasions are bad and others ok … the problem is not on my end.
Can you show me one “pro” Russian stuff I’ve posted ?

I have followed Putin and how he has destroyed Russia for a long time. Infact he is the archetype alt-right that alt-right people in US, India, Brazil etc follow. Alt-right US and India Twitter trolls for eg. worship him.

BTW, here is what someone who actually thinks Putin is a genius says Biden should do.

Last I heard D-Day at Normandy was an invasion and a justified and necessary one to destroy a malignant fascist dictator and his war machine.
Preventing tens of millions of additional deaths.
Lack of historical perspective may be the problem on your end.

Mariupol may just be the Bunker Hill of this war. The Ukrainians are not giving up and the Russians will have to fight for every square inch and will have major losses. The can not continue to sustain the that type of fighting in the long term. All the Ukrainians have to do is keep fighting. It may be the Ukrainians own loss of people but a win strategically. Support of them is needed now.

Last I heard D-Day at Normandy was an invasion and a justified and necessary one to destroy a malignant fascist dictator and his war machine.
Preventing tens of millions of additional deaths.
Lack of historical perspective may be the problem on your end.
Or the defense against Japanese imperialism in China and Korea. One required a long and continued funding and the other an invasion that freed my MIL from Japanese forces. She lost 3 brothers in wwII, one to japanese military conscription, 2 in Japan during the war as slave labor.

I could go on and on. Right down to our terrible civil war here in the USA>

I wonder if the war is contributing to the decision to work on Master Plan 3.

I have been arguing that Tesla could consider making a Solar Farm Gigafactory:
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/thr...-from-making-a-solar-farm-gigafactory.258748/
(thread didn’t really go anywhere unfortuneately)

Maybe this is part of the extreme scale of power generation. Integrate megapack and solarfarm into a product that is a plug n play solution for countries who want to convert their cash into power generation.

Imo the war highlights the need for this.

Mariupol may just be the Bunker Hill of this war. The Ukrainians are not giving up and the Russians will have to fight for every square inch and will have major losses. The can not continue to sustain the that type of fighting in the long term. All the Ukrainians have to do is keep fighting. It may be the Ukrainians own loss of people but a win strategically. Support of them is needed now.

It's more like the Stalingrad of this war. Russia is only able to keep its army in the field there because the supply lines are very short. The defenders are holding out against all hope. The Ukrainians aren't strong enough to break the siege. If Russian resistance in one of the other sectors collapses the Ukrainians might be able to shift troops to the south and break through to Maripol.

This was posted today. How a coup in Russia might work
Thread by @kamilkazani on Thread Reader App

Evidence Russia is running out of missiles

Last edited:
Scott Ritter's view about the situation:
Interesting Wikipedia-page...

.../ Arrests and conviction for sex offences​

Ritter was the subject in two law enforcement sting operations in 2001.[47] He was charged in June 2001 with trying to set up a meeting with an undercover police officer posing as a 16-year-old girl.[48][49] He was charged with a misdemeanor crime of "attempted endangerment of the welfare of a child". The charge was dismissed and the record was sealed after he completed six months of probation.[49][50] After this information was made public in early 2003, Ritter said that the timing of the leak was politically motivated in order to silence his opposition to the Bush administration's push toward war with Iraq.[48][49][51]

Ritter was arrested again in November 2009[52] over communications with a police decoy he met on an Internet chat site. Police said that he exposed himself, via a web camera, after the officer said she was a 15-year-old girl.[2] Ritter said in his own testimony during the trial that he believed the other party was an adult acting out her fantasy.[53] The next month, Ritter waived his right to a preliminary hearing and was released on a $25,000 unsecured bail. Charges included "unlawful contact with a minor, criminal use of a communications facility, corruption of minors, indecent exposure, possessing instruments of crime, criminal attempt and criminal solicitation".[54] Ritter rejected a plea bargain and was found guilty of all but the criminal attempt count in a Monroe County, Pennsylvania courtroom on April 14, 2011.[2][1] In October 2011, he received a sentence of 1½ to 5½ years in prison.[55] He was sent to Laurel Highlands state prison in Somerset County, Pennsylvania in March 2012 and paroled in September 2014.[56] /...

Source: Scott Ritter - Wikipedia

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: SmokyPeat
There's also this:

".../ Recent activities​

From 2014 until 2017, Ritter was a columnist for HuffPost.[57] Between 2017 and 2020, he was a frequent contributor to The American Conservative.[58] Since 2017 he also contributes regularly to Consortium News,[59] and since December 2019, he writes weekly op-eds for RT. [My bold.] /... "

Source: Scott Ritter - Wikipedia

Imagine that...

Last edited: