Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If this is affecting all ships leaving Russian ports even outside the war zone that's probably going to have an impact on their oil exports.

Apparently it also affects Moldova and Belarus as well as Russia and Ukraine.
Belarus has some river ports that are decent size (still a land locked country). But:
Brest is isolated now from pretty much all the destinations as Bug River goes thru Ukraine and Mukhavets doesn't really gets you anywhere useful but thru canals to Dnipro. Oops, that's Ukraine going south again. But can be used to get up all the way to the Russian waterways.
Minsk allegedly has a port on Svislach River, but I'd doubt that is anything relevant (I may be wrong)
Mazyr is on Pripet River; see Brest above, Bobruisk and Mogilev are on Berezina, so they can also use Dnipro going north. Pretty sure there are few more small river ports on Pina River too. But the only way out again is up on Dnipro.

Moldova has exactly 1476 ft of shore for something that can be very generously called a port :)

So it's mostly publicity stunt announcing the blocking of oil exports thru Belarus or Moldova😁. They can only load oil going back to Russia and the river ports do not have the big terminals that'd be needed for mass oil export anyways; what they have is mostly for inbound transfer. @petit_bateau likely can correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Felon is an apropos name for the newest fighter aircraft for a criminal state. Looks like an impressive airframe. So much potential in Russia if they'd just channel their efforts for good rather than evil.
20 years ago I told my dad that given 20 years of actual “rule of law”, Russians would thrive.

So sad…

1672346016002.png

If this headline was about Russia having to ground fighter jets you lot would be again talking about how the sky is falling.

If this headline was about Russia having to ground fighter jets you lot would be again talking about how the sky is falling.

The US isn't trying to conquer and pacify Canada.

Interesting, but there are some curious things about the pictures and video from the delivery event. The tail numbers and tactical numbers on the planes are blurred out in all material. Also only two planes are ever shown at one time. The video shows four planes taking off, but suspiciously there are two pairs and it looks like it could be two planes shot from different cameras.

Russia is having a hard time getting reliable electronics. I suppose they may have been able to get enough electronics to complete 2 aircraft or they were already in the country before the war started, but since all identification was blurred out on the aircraft the publicity images could have been two planes already in service that were flown to claim these were two new deliveries.

The schedule was for UAC to build 4 Su-57s this year. 2 were purportedly delivered earlier this year. They probably were delivered as the imported parts were probably in Russia before the war started.

Before the war Russia had 6 Su-57s. They claim to have 10 now. How ever many they have the Su-57 has not had much impact on the war and likely won't.

A Rand analysis of the Su-57
Russia's Su-57 Heavy Fighter Bomber: Is It Really a Fifth-Generation Aircraft?

I think this journalist has missed the point. The so-called third attack apparently resulted in a red-on-red. Whether there was any third attack at all is debatable - it has not been Ukraine's modus operandi to conduct such attacks in daylight. Seems more likely the third attack was an attack-in-name-only, hence no damage.

Too bad they haven't been able to use them in Ukraine. Manpads are a bitch when there are 50,000+ of them in the country.