Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think this may cause Nato members in general to step up both direct support for Ukraine as well preparation for a conflict between a US supported Russia against nato allies.

I think it’s pretty clear to everyone that the Americans will be leaving NATO and forming some sort of alliance with Russia immediately after the election. Putin just needs to hold the line until trump and the Americans get aid and weapons to Russia. After that Ukraine will go down pretty quick and i suspect Poland will be the next target soon after. How that impacts trade between the US and the rest of the world is unclear. Companies like tesla are in for a ride.
I think it's a bit premature to hand the presidency to Trump. No garauntee that either one of them will even be alive in 9 months. Doomsday prophecies aren't particularly useful.

I think it's a bit premature to hand the presidency to Trump. No garauntee that either one of them will even be alive in 9 months. Doomsday prophecies aren't particularly useful.

Doomsday scenario? No. Just going by the polls and what the candidates are saying. Europe and Ukraine need to react accordingly. In my opinion they probably will.

Doomsday scenario? No. Just going by the polls and what the candidates are saying. Europe and Ukraine need to react accordingly. In my opinion they probably will.

Going by the polls is problematic. The media need a horse race to drive clicks and engagement. When all is said and done on Nov 6, I think we'll find that the conditions of 2020 have shifted even further away from the candidate who would betray NATO.

Going by the polls is problematic. The media need a horse race to drive clicks and engagement. When all is said and done on Nov 6, I think we'll find that the conditions of 2020 have shifted even further away from the candidate who would betray NATO.

Yah I hear ya. It’s tough to keep these posts non political, but politics and more to the point American politics will have a profound affect on the outcome of the Ukraine war. The thread is about the Ukraine war. It’s impossible to discuss the outcome without discussing the American people’s position on both Ukraine and Russia.

I think this may cause Nato members in general to step up both direct support for Ukraine as well preparation for a conflict between a US supported Russia against nato allies.

I think it’s pretty clear to everyone that the Americans will be leaving NATO and forming some sort of alliance with Russia immediately after the election. Putin just needs to hold the line until trump and the Americans get aid and weapons to Russia. After that Ukraine will go down pretty quick and i suspect Poland will be the next target soon after. How that impacts trade between the US and the rest of the world is unclear. Companies like tesla are in for a ride.

The president can no longer just unilaterally leave NATO. He can cause a lot of problems but just blowing it up with the stroke of the pen is something he can no longer do.

Ukraine is considering a plan — including expanded domestic bond sales, tax hikes and spending cuts — to plug a hole in its budget in a bid to secure money from the International Monetary Fund if crucial US aid remains blocked.

Kyiv was scheduled to receive $5.3B from the IMF program this year.

The IMF’s executive board approved disbursing $900 million for Ukraine in December, and urged other countries and lenders to follow through on their pledges, which last year totaled $122 billion. An EU package worth €50 billion ($55.6 billion) was finally approved last week.

The money is flowing. Hopefully Ukraine is getting a handle on needless spending and corruption.

Ukraine Mulls Contingency Plan to Keep IMF Funds Flowing If US Aid Stalls

Dr. Snyder's take on the sociopathic hoedown in Moscow, breaking down all of the lies.

Putin's genocidal myth

Vertical - stories.jpg

I, perhaps am an outlier. Thought Tucker did a perfect interview. Got great insights into the personality and motivation of Putin. His job was not to convince Putin to change his ways, but for the World to see how he thinks and reacts. His questions were probing, designed to get a reaction, and get Putin to talk. He did that well and people gained great insites.
Putin is a world class leader. He knows how to deflect, and answer questions in the ways that most benefit his agenda.
Tucker listened patiently, asked pointed questions, but accepted Putin's answer at face value and provided introspection.
This was designed to be an interview, not a debate.

I, perhaps am an outlier. Thought Tucker did a perfect interview. Got great insights into the personality and motivation of Putin. His job was not to convince Putin to change his ways, but for the World to see how he thinks and reacts. His questions were probing, designed to get a reaction, and get Putin to talk. He did that well and people gained great insites.
Putin is a world class leader. He knows how to deflect, and answer questions in the ways that most benefit his agenda.
Tucker listened patiently, asked pointed questions, but accepted Putin's answer at face value and provided introspection.
It was a theatrical propaganda piece by NAZIs for NAZIs.

SpaceX needs to act immediately to deactivate Starlink terminals used by the Russian military. This could have significant implications for the security clearances of SpaceX. The optics of this are also not all good, happening so soon after the drone attack on the Ivanovets.

Is this suppose to be a joke? World class leader?