Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
RU-UKr conflict giving military planners contemporary war conditions and are adjusting procurement. A good article in the Telegraph today re: US Army's next steps:

"reinvest billions of dollars in savings in other helicopter programs, including expanded production of a new Blackhawk model as well as the latest version of the twin-rotor Chinook heavy-lift helicopter.

Notably, neither of these types would have to fly very close to the front line in order to remain relevant."

What America plans to do with its hundreds of Apache attack helicopters, which do have to fly close to the front line.

The likely answer has been apparent for a while now. The US Army is upgrading its Apaches to the new “Block E” version, which includes controls and radio links in the cockpit that allow the crew to control drones that operate 30 miles or more ahead of the helicopter. "

IMG_1882.jpeg

You'd think the Russian navy would have got the memo by now that the Black Sea around Crimea is not a safe area for them to operate. This was an important victory for Ukraine, at a critical time to demonstrate that they are still very much in the fight.

I think Russia is in a situation where they must use the landing ships to move supplies. They are trying to keep a relatively large force in the field and their logistics system is stretched to its limits. They need the landing ships to move supply because their rail lines and roads are maxed out.

Sinking the landing ship fleet is a good thing for the Ukrainian war effort. I'm sure Ukraine is working on a way to take out the Kerch Bridge permanently. If the landing ships are thinned out and that bridge it taken out, Russia will immediately be in a supply crisis in the south.

It sounds like another stalling technique. I've never seen an American politician work so hard to benefit Russia.

We'll see. The revelation of the intelligence today may have changed the landscape. Whatever this risk from Russia is, there may be a need for more funding and the bill funding Ukraine, Israel and other defense oriented items might need to be amended.

I would expect that Biden will be open to discuss things with Johnson, but isn't going to believe anything he says without seeing some movement of feet.

I think Russia is in a situation where they must use the landing ships to move supplies. They are trying to keep a relatively large force in the field and their logistics system is stretched to its limits. They need the landing ships to move supply because their rail lines and roads are maxed out.

Sinking the landing ship fleet is a good thing for the Ukrainian war effort. I'm sure Ukraine is working on a way to take out the Kerch Bridge permanently. If the landing ships are thinned out and that bridge it taken out, Russia will immediately be in a supply crisis in the south.

We'll see. The revelation of the intelligence today may have changed the landscape. Whatever this risk from Russia is, there may be a need for more funding and the bill funding Ukraine, Israel and other defense oriented items might need to be amended.

I would expect that Biden will be open to discuss things with Johnson, but isn't going to believe anything he says without seeing some movement of feet.
Big explosion, so presumably large amounts of ammunition amongst the cargo. I don't think the details of logistics will make it up the ladder to Putin as it's a career/life-limiting move.

Logistics might collapse quickly, together with Russian Federation's dependence on dumb artillery for combat power, preference for munitions rather than food/care (hunger, disease) and breakdown in discipline.