Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RYDEEN RDV360 degree Bird's Eye view plus Integrated 9500ci Display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Upthread you said you were getting this installed on January 7th. Did that wind up happening?

I"m picking up the car this evening (Tuesday) -- took 2 days longer than they had anticpated but the tech has been working very carefully. I prefer he take his time and get it right.

Yesterday the interface arrived that I'm hoping will enable me to display the image on the touchscreen. Having done some research the interface was designed to work with Audi touchscreen, which also use the same Nvidia Tegra 3 processor as Tesla. So I'm hoping it will work.

If not I found yesterday a US company that specializes in developing interfaces for auto info entertainment systems. Will call them today. Eventually I'm sure an interface can be developed. I'll keep at it until one is developed.

I"m picking up the car this evening (Tuesday) -- took 2 days longer than they had anticpated but the tech has been working very carefully. I prefer he take his time and get it right.

Yesterday the interface arrived that I'm hoping will enable me to display the image on the touchscreen. Having done some research the interface was designed to work with Audi touchscreen, which also use the same Nvidia Tegra 3 processor as Tesla. So I'm hoping it will work.

If not I found yesterday a US company that specializes in developing interfaces for auto info entertainment systems. Will call them today. Eventually I'm sure an interface can be developed. I'll keep at it until one is developed.

Thanks for the update! Good luck. I know you'll keep us posted!

The car won't be finished tonight after all. Calibration of the 4 cameras is the hold up. To do that they have to lay 4 large checkerboard sheets around the car and then calibrate to the sheets. A large part of the shop floor is now covered with the sheets.

If all goes well should be able to pick it up in the morning. If so I'l be armed with my camera and post some photos ASAP.

Were they able to get it to work through the touchscreen? Please post pics of that too.

Thanks for the continued experimentation in how to improve our cars!!!

That's my task. I have the device and will try to get it to work this weekend. Should be an quick and easy experiment to determine if it will work.

- - - Updated - - -

Not bad if it performs well. Will be waiting for your reports with high interest here.

Will report in a day or so -- just need some time with it.

Just spoke to the shop testing the video interfacee. The Rydeen image does not display on the touchcreen and the "Camera Unvavailabe" message does. Damn! But not really a surprise. The tech doing the work asked me to check the pinout voltage on the interface which he thinks may not be compatible with Tesla's touchscreen input. I'll check that over the weekend. I know what they should be from our work on the camera switch.

Finally had the Rydeen installation completed and the cameras calibrated at Automotive Concepts. The guy who did the work, Doug Pastini, is a genius. If you live in the Baltimore/DC region Doug is the go-to guy for aftermarket installations on the Model S. He's done the front and rear lighted Ts and will do the lighted appliqué installations as well (I sent him the installation instructions). I couldn't recommend him more. Here's his contact info:

Doug Pasini
Electronics Manager
Automotive Concepts
200 W. Padonia Road
Timonium, MD 21093
410 561-5561
[email protected]

The original Rydeen installation was done by a place called the Audio Connection, but they never finished the work, didn't calibrate the cameras, and the front and rear cameras were a real amateur mounting job. Doug took care of it all. I was especially pleased with the way he mounted the cameras -- very professional and integrated. The rear camera is mounted next to the Tesla camera, hidden under the appliqué. While he was doing the job Doug also remounted the Tesla font camera behind the grille so it also looks completely integrated. Doug also set up the system so I can turn it on and off whenever I want.

I haven't had the system fully functional for more than a few hours so I really can say much about the functionality. But I have parked a few times and with the overhead view it does give me full protection in parking situations, which was the reason I bought the system in the first place.

Here are a few photos of the installation.

The front cameras, Rydeen on top Tesla camera bottom.

DSC_5963.JPG

DSC_5961.JPG

DSC_5960.JPG

The driver's side view mirror camera (same on the passenger side).

DSC_5967.JPG

The rear cameras -- Tesla left, Rydeen right.

DSC_5958.JPG

The Rydeen view (on an LCD rear view mirror). The overhead view is always to the right side of the image.

DSC_5989.JPG

I'll post more photos of operational shots in a few days.

Finally had the Rydeen installation completed and the cameras calibrated at Automotive Concepts. The guy who did the work, Doug Pastini, is a genius. If you live in the Baltimore/DC region Doug is the go-to guy for aftermarket installations on the Model S. He's done the front and rear lighted Ts and will do the lighted appliqué installations as well (I sent him the installation instructions). I couldn't recommend him more.

It looks fantastic!

I'm sure you're a little disappointed that you couldn't get it all integrated with the 17" display as you had originally hoped, but I know you'll be happy with the system as you have it installed. It really looks amazing!

Thanks for sharing!

Finally had the Rydeen installation completed and the cameras calibrated at Automotive Concepts. The guy who did the work, Doug Pastini, is a genius. If you live in the Baltimore/DC region Doug is the go-to guy for aftermarket installations on the Model S. He's done the front and rear lighted Ts and will do the lighted appliqué installations as well (I sent him the installation instructions). I couldn't recommend him more. Here's his contact info:

Doug Pasini
Electronics Manager
Automotive Concepts
200 W. Padonia Road
Timonium, MD 21093
410 561-5561
[email protected]

The original Rydeen installation was done by a place called the Audio Connection, but they never finished the work, didn't calibrate the cameras, and the front and rear cameras were a real amateur mounting job. Doug took care of it all. I was especially pleased with the way he mounted the cameras -- very professional and integrated. The rear camera is mounted next to the Tesla camera, hidden under the appliqué. While he was doing the job Doug also remounted the Tesla font camera behind the grille so it also looks completely integrated. Doug also set up the system so I can turn it on and off whenever I want.

I haven't had the system fully functional for more than a few hours so I really can say much about the functionality. But I have parked a few times and with the overhead view it does give me full protection in parking situations, which was the reason I bought the system in the first place.

Here are a few photos of the installation.

The front cameras, Rydeen on top Tesla camera bottom.

View attachment 79660

View attachment 79661

View attachment 79662

The driver's side view mirror camera (same on the passenger side).

View attachment 79665

The rear cameras -- Tesla left, Rydeen right.

View attachment 79663

The Rydeen view (on an LCD rear view mirror). The overhead view is always to the right side of the image.

View attachment 79664

I'll post more photos of operational shots in a few days.

sorry to pester, especially if you've answered this already, but are you still enjoying the rydeen system? I am very interested in it. Thanks!

sorry to pester, especially if you've answered this already, but are you still enjoying the rydeen system? I am very interested in it. Thanks!

Now that I've been using it for some time I don't think it's worth it. The resolution is poor owing to low res cameras. There are few situations where it's needed. Don't waste your money.

Frankly, the front camera switch is a much more useful and desirable feature.

Does any one have an opinion on aftermarket apps. I found this on youtube. Sounds like a good product. Any users that can endorse (or flame) non-tesla apps?
EVE for Tesla: Gmail

There's a thread on this, though some quick searching didn't turn it up easily.

The gist of what I recall is that people think the free parts of the product aren't really worth much at all, and the parts you have to pay for are not worth paying for. I signed up for the free part, and frankly never use it.

There's a thread on this, though some quick searching didn't turn it up easily.

The gist of what I recall is that people think the free parts of the product aren't really worth much at all, and the parts you have to pay for are not worth paying for. I signed up for the free part, and frankly never use it.
Thank you - I had searched for threads and was unable to find any chat. Did not want to pose a question with readily available answers, but was unable to find. Can you give me a hint as to what the thread is?
Interesting that the distillation is that after-market apps are not bringing value.