Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S to Porsche Taycan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I honestly don’t want software updates, nor do I want Tesla having all my rights for my personal info just cause I own their car. I don’t want to think I am being watched or monitored in my own fing car lol
And I look forward to a car that will no longer constantly tell me it’s cooling etc after I do a few runs on ludicrous plus

Hopefully Taycan owners won’t be silly enough to drag race S and X Performance models. Races with the M3P should be close with the result dependent on battery SoC of each vehicle.
I will bet the Porsche will beat the Raven Tesla. One big difference between Porsche and Tesla... Porsche has never been sued for falsifying their cars performance capabilities i.e; hp/kw... Which Tesla did with all the P85D/L’s and P90D/L’s. One was supposed to be 691 the other 762 neither came close except the 2016.5 P90DL with battery # 1088792-00-A could get close to 700hp when the battery was new. Still not what they claimed.

I just hope/wish they last long enough to release the roadster. For the money it would be an understatement you’re getting your money’s worth. However I honestly believe they should be selling them in the $300k+ range cause they could easily get buyers to pay it if not more. And they need to start making a profit especially since almost every manufacturer will be making evs and Tesla racks in millions from them for emissions. They pay Tesla not to be fined which Tesla doesn’t have to show when announcing their earnings. But the money they have been making is substantial and been helping them stay afloat.

Fiat Chrysler will pay Tesla to dodge billions in emissions fines

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Evoforce
We need more actual informative owners here to tell real experiences with their Tesla’s rather than just Tesla fan boys

Check out my Twitter starting June 23 last year. First MX to cross Australia with 4 days of AC charging included. 71000kms in 2 years and remote outback Australia travel etc. I've got the runs on the board. If you've got the questions, I've got the experienced answers.

I also like to have a little joke every now and then, too ;)

We need more actual informative owners here to tell real experiences with their Tesla’s rather than just Tesla fan boys
So speaks the Porsche fan boy, what a hypocrite. Don't worry about range (the #1 concern of anyone buying an EV), Tesla lies about range (not if you drive normally, in fact the opposite if you are a good driver), Teslas are diminishing (what a load of *sugar*, Tesla passed Porsche in worldwide sales in 8 years, from nothing to kicking their ass in 8 years). There are many posters who have already put hundreds of thousands of miles on a Tesla because it is so enjoyable to drive. Car rental companies have put 500,000 miles on a tesla at a cost of $0.05. Can you imagine what the cost of 500,000 miles will be in a porsche, holy batman it is going to probably exceed the cost of a tesla.

Porsche is done, as soon as they fall out of flavor in the middle east and china they are done, at the current time they are simply a lux good, not a relevant car maker.

A relevant car maker has plans for the future and Porsche has none, no way to make the porsche anything more than a commuter car, no database to build an AI tool, no plans for self driving. It has taken them longer to build a prototype of a car than it took Tesla to deliver 3 new models to the public. They keep focusing on the wrong things, the car engineering. Instead they should be focusing on the cars network. In 30 years you'll have major cities where self driving will be required. What then for Porsche? Simply the culmination of a inglorious slide to complete irrelevance.

So speaks the Porsche fan boy, what a hypocrite. Don't worry about range (the #1 concern of anyone buying an EV), Tesla lies about range (not if you drive normally, in fact the opposite if you are a good driver), Teslas are diminishing (what a load of *sugar*, Tesla passed Porsche in worldwide sales in 8 years, from nothing to kicking their ass in 8 years). There are many posters who have already put hundreds of thousands of miles on a Tesla because it is so enjoyable to drive. Car rental companies have put 500,000 miles on a tesla at a cost of $0.05. Can you imagine what the cost of 500,000 miles will be in a porsche, holy batman it is going to probably exceed the cost of a tesla.

Porsche is done, as soon as they fall out of flavor in the middle east and china they are done, at the current time they are simply a lux good, not a relevant car maker.

A relevant car maker has plans for the future and Porsche has none, no way to make the porsche anything more than a commuter car, no database to build an AI tool, no plans for self driving. It has taken them longer to build a prototype of a car than it took Tesla to deliver 3 new models to the public. They keep focusing on the wrong things, the car engineering. Instead they should be focusing on the cars network. In 30 years you'll have major cities where self driving will be required. What then for Porsche? Simply the culmination of a inglorious slide to complete irrelevance.
Haha what’s really funny is the fact that I’ve owned 5 Tesla’s so if anyone was going to try to stroke their ego it would be me but I’m not a fool who cannot admit when a product I’ve purchased several times has diminished in every aspect especially in customer service etc... not to mention the bullshit updates they do to negatively effect your car. I’ve tested the performance of Tesla’s before they had their first lawsuit years ago for lying about what their cars really are capable of producing(hp/kw).
What we have is an inexperienced Tesla fan boy that hasn’t owned one long enough to understand how their company works. But rest assured you will eventually. If you’re stupid enough to think self driving cars will even exist on autonomous 5 level within 5 yrs than there is no hope for you cause you’ll believe anything Elon says. Considering he has such a great history of telling the truth and releasing anything on time lol.
The fact you think a tiny manufacturer like Tesla would even half a chance to exist while you say Porsche is done just explains how ignorant and dumb you must be. Comparing Tesla and their funding to any major car manufacturer is a joke and you actually think Tesla has Porsche money? Hahaha... Complete fool. You said in 30 yrs... lol
Guess who’s been here for 30 yrs and who hasn’t? Guess who’s stock is plummeting and who’s isn’t? Almost every car manufacturer especially American are all going up while only one stock continues to fall...Tesla! Do some homework first before you rattle off nonsense cause you clearly know nothing about the auto industry. LMAO
FYI your dumbass analogy of Tesla and rental cars is exactly why Tesla is changing all their FUSC and if you actually look at their fine print if you actually own a Tesla, just see how much *sugar* is changing . Do you know why? Clearly not... cause it’s costing them money and doing nothing to help their company. So thanks for a perfect example of a flawed company figuring out how bad of mistakes they’ve made in the past.
Also comparing the model 3 to anything besides a Toyota or Honda is moronic. You really going to compare the model 3 to any car Porsche makes? Cause the only 2 you can compare are getting destroyed by every luxury car made in the world the last 2 yrs. The S and X sales have declined to the point that all other manufacturers would discontinue it. So please figure out the difference between apples and oranges before you make outlandish comments or statements.

Last edited:

Just so you understand how business works... if you sell a bunch of cars yet make no money you’re basically making cars for free. That’s what Tesla has been doing for years. You obviously don’t have any concept of margins and making profits.
8D038384-E392-450F-87F5-3B83386526B9.png

Elon himself said a year ago when their main and basically only funder gave them another billion that it would be enough to last a yr maybe 2 if they don’t turn things around. Well ain’t nothing changed, cause making the Model 3 or Y has terrible margins. Porsche can probably sell one Taycan and equal the profit of Tesla selling 50 model 3’s lol

Last edited:
This fact scares the hell out of me, and the heads of traditional manufacturers too. (Albeit only in boardroom whispers...)

The Osborne Effect On The Auto Industry | CleanTechnica

Really great article. The website has a lot of great articles too. Thanks for posting this.

The article describes what I went through in my recent car purchase:

"The result will be that people . . . will start looking for the BEV they envision for themselves and they will find that that electric car is not yet on the market. People will be postponing their next car purchase as a result. They will be waiting until the model or brand they prefer has something for a price they can afford."

Unfortunately, that Porsche is about 4 times more than I would ever pay for a car.

Just so you understand how business works... if you sell a bunch of cars yet make no money you’re basically making cars for free. That’s what Tesla has been doing for years. You obviously don’t have any concept of margins and making profits.
View attachment 455086

Elon himself said a year ago when their main and basically only funder gave them another billion that it would be enough to last a yr maybe 2 if they don’t turn things around. Well ain’t nothing changed, cause making the Model 3 or Y has terrible margins. Porsche can probably sell one Taycan and equal the profit of Tesla selling 50 model 3’s lol
I certainly do not share the view that Porsche is on its way to irrelevance, but I find your rant complete BS. Tesla certainly has room for improvement in the customer service area, but the fact they don't turn a profit is not indicative of their ability to turn a profit if they so desired. Did you follow Amazon in the late '90s and 00's? They had huge losses tied to large CapEx spending with the goal of growing the business. Tesla is no different. Every cent that comes in is used for development, service center deployments, Supercharger deployments, new factories, etc. The 20% margin they earn on every vehicle they sell would easily let them book profits if they dialed down the CapEx. Obviously you have been wronged by Tesla at some point, which leads me to question: why did you buy 5 Teslas?

btw-This competition with Porsche is awesome and will lead to some pretty cool vehicles. I am proud of Porsche for investing in the Taycan and hope they sell well. There is plenty of room in the market for Tesla, Porsche, and others.

I certainly do not share the view that Porsche is on its way to irrelevance, but I find your rant complete BS. Tesla certainly has room for improvement in the customer service area, but the fact they don't turn a profit is not indicative of their ability to turn a profit if they so desired. Did you follow Amazon in the late '90s and 00's? They had huge losses tied to large CapEx spending with the goal of growing the business. Tesla is no different. Every cent that comes in is used for development, service center deployments, Supercharger deployments, new factories, etc. The 20% margin they earn on every vehicle they sell would easily let them book profits if they dialed down the CapEx. Obviously you have been wronged by Tesla at some point, which leads me to question: why did you buy 5 Teslas?

btw-This competition with Porsche is awesome and will lead to some pretty cool vehicles. I am proud of Porsche for investing in the Taycan and hope they sell well. There is plenty of room in the market for Tesla, Porsche, and others.
Lol... comparing Amazon to a car manufacturer is mind boggling lol. Why own 5 Tesla’s? Do you know how long they’ve been making Tesla’s? That’s why... If you’re going to ask a question at least understand how or where the conclusion came from first. If you know anything about Tesla’s they didn’t start off with a P85D or P85 etc. They had cars that weren’t performance vehicles with 200 miles of range. So if they first released their Model S in 2012 how many years has it been since? How many different models have they made? You following?

Check out my Twitter starting June 23 last year. First MX to cross Australia with 4 days of AC charging included. 71000kms in 2 years and remote outback Australia travel etc. I've got the runs on the board. If you've got the questions, I've got the experienced answers.

I also like to have a little joke every now and then, too ;)
Yea first question was it a performance model with ludicrous? Second did you try pushing it and have it in ludicrous plus for idk let’s say 20 minutes? If you did you would have seen an icon that said cooling or even better if you would have stopped you would be able to smell the battery overheating. Similar to a battery that is melting, not a good smell for such limited use.

Have you heard or seen the Tesla GT? It’s a Tesla they use on a track to see how it fares. Well after one lap the fun is over and about 5-8 fans are brought out to try to cool the battery. Definitely not ideal when referring to a performance car

View attachment 455086

Looks like you need to understand the effects of CapEx on profit, and what free cash flow is.

Lol... comparing Amazon to a car manufacturer is mind boggling lol. Why own 5 Tesla’s? Do you know how long they’ve been making Tesla’s? That’s why... If you’re going to ask a question at least understand how or where the conclusion came from first. If you know anything about Tesla’s they didn’t start off with a P85D or P85 etc. They had cars that weren’t performance vehicles with 200 miles of range. So if they first released their Model S in 2012 how many years has it been since? How many different models have they made? You following?
It really isn't mind-boggling as both companies were/are balancing CapEx vs profit. Car manufacturing requires more CapEx than building warehouses, but the same principles apply. At some point, Tesla will have invested enough to reliably turn profits.

Yea first question was it a performance model with ludicrous? Second did you try pushing it and have it in ludicrous plus for idk let’s say 20 minutes? If you did you would have seen an icon that said cooling or even better if you would have stopped you would be able to smell the battery overheating. Similar to a battery that is melting, not a good smell for such limited use.

Have you heard or seen the Tesla GT? It’s a Tesla they use on a track to see how it fares. Well after one lap the fun is over and about 5-8 fans are brought out to try to cool the battery. Definitely not ideal when referring to a performance car

Man, you sound like that @markbspiegel guy on Twitter that just blocked me for a one word comment, "Yawn!"

It really isn't mind-boggling as both companies were/are balancing CapEx vs profit. Car manufacturing requires more CapEx than building warehouses, but the same principles apply. At some point, Tesla will have invested enough to reliably turn profits.
At some point? There lies the problem. Do you understand that every other manufacturer waited to start making evs cause they all knew they would eventually have to start making them. However none wanted to invest the money until the mass market was ready to start buying them. Instead they sat back and paid Tesla hundreds of millions of dollars that equates to Tesla’s only profits when added in. Now they are all making evs... meaning Tesla will no longer receive those nice free bonuses for doing nothing.
Now that the technology has allowed major manufacturers to make cars comparable and eventually better than Tesla, since they have unlimited funding compared to Tesla. You will see every manufacturer producing evs cutting into Tesla costs for every model. Not just the S or X like Porsche is doing. Amazon had what competition again? Who was doing what amazon did before them? No one, which is why Tesla’s huge mistakes like releasing a cheaper model car with a better battery is ruining their company. Imagine in 2 yrs (if Tesla is even around) and there are 20 different model 3 and Y comparable evs. You think that’s going to help Tesla sell more cars?
Also for the clown... not you but the guy who thinks Tesla will be the only autonomous car maker is unreal. There are already plenty of other options when it comes to autonomous cars that will make any car into one in the next 5 yrs. You know why? Cause you can’t make the rest of the world who doesn’t have a self driving car have no right or permission to drive anymore cause their car is not self driving lol. The logic for this guy is pathetic (not you , the moron before)

Snort @MelvinLee owning 5 teslas...ok sure...Put the pipe down. So Tesla loses money so do the Japanese automakers, so does VW in most years, so has GM and Ford. Despite this Tesla market cap has gone from nothing to exceeding Ford's market cap by 5-6 billion. They are approaching GM's market cap and in a few years at current rates will exceed Porsche's parent VW. You sound like a walmart fanboy who did not like amazon. Amazon still hasn't really made a profit. As soon as they want to they can. Tesla is really a very young company and as soon as uber is gone they'll walk right into that marketcap as well. Everyone knows it and everyone also knows VW won't be able to do it. All they can do is to try to stall Tesla with FUD.

Tesla Market Cap (THE VALUE OF THE COMPANY) is over 1/2 that of VW already. BECAUSE ...VW is a work employment scheme not a car company. Porsche is just a tiny lux handbag division of an employment scheme. It must drive that family crazy. Couldn't happen to a better (worse) family.

VW makes cars so they can employ german workers. Nothing more or less. They need to make lots of cars to employ lots of workers. Thus, they hate Tesla and the dream of an efficient and environmentally friendly transportation network. We have probably 300% more cars than needed. To add trouble on trouble a teslas long term operating cost is a fraction of an ICE (how big a fraction depends on comparing to a Merc or a Honda). Those costs were more workers for germany and reducing that means even less workers for Germany. German car makers are among the most heavily subsidized in the world and built wonderfully engineered antiques. They are antiques and you get to witness the process of ICE dying off. Lucky you and us. Put the crack pipe down or the PR Troll keyboard down and find something useful and enjoy the ride.

You ever wonder why the Japanese don't get hungup like VW ? Because the Japanese are competing for marketshare not employment. Neither German nor Japanese car makers compete for profit but it is why Japanese made cars work so much better than a german car. They make cars the average person wants to own, low cost of ownership, predictable repairs, etc. My honda just got sold with 300k miles and hardly any repairs and I did the regular stuff myself like a battery, headlights, brake pads. A porsche with 300k miles would have had garage costs so great I could have bought another honda.

At some point? There lies the problem. Do you understand that every other manufacturer waited to start making evs cause they all knew they would eventually have to start making them. However none wanted to invest the money until the mass market was ready to start buying them. Instead they sat back and paid Tesla hundreds of millions of dollars that equates to Tesla’s only profits when added in. Now they are all making evs... meaning Tesla will no longer receive those nice free bonuses for doing nothing.
Now that the technology has allowed major manufacturers to make cars comparable and eventually better than Tesla, since they have unlimited funding compared to Tesla. You will see every manufacturer producing evs cutting into Tesla costs for every model. Not just the S or X like Porsche is doing. Amazon had what competition again? Who was doing what amazon did before them? No one, which is why Tesla’s huge mistakes like releasing a cheaper model car with a better battery is ruining their company. Imagine in 2 yrs (if Tesla is even around) and there are 20 different model 3 and Y comparable evs. You think that’s going to help Tesla sell more cars?
Also for the clown... not you but the guy who thinks Tesla will be the only autonomous car maker is unreal. There are already plenty of other options when it comes to autonomous cars that will make any car into one in the next 5 yrs. You know why? Cause you can’t make the rest of the world who doesn’t have a self driving car have no right or permission to drive anymore cause their car is not self driving lol. The logic for this guy is pathetic (not you , the moron before)
They don't have unlimited funding. VW had to sell 10% of itself to freaking OPEC. If there was ever proof that VW sucks, that was it. They don't make better cars when they have 10 years to research it. They don't have any AI. They spent billions of research on DIESEL and CHEATED because they don't want EVs. They will fight and scream all the way to that alter.

• Helpful