Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S/X custom order only until end of quarter. Creating production for 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A friend of mine has been wanting an S/X for some time. He recently emailed an advisor about inventory deals and he got this as a reply

"Our inventory is very limited at the moment. We are in a production transition away from inventory. We can only do inventory sales until this Thursday, after that we are switching to all custom order until the end of the quarter. Custom order really is the best option at the moment."

Is this standard or is Tesla focusing on producing more Model 3's?

There aren’t many *great* inventory deals right now, so it sounds like a sales tactic to me. If there is an interior refresh coming, count on all of the current interior cars to feature further reductions.

They had a S75D with 5k miles for $69k after $22k discount last week. S75D vs 3LRD with a difference of $8k seems like a great deal.

Current Inventory on EV-CPO.com - Tesla New, Used, and CPO Inventory Listings
Model X
Normal Price: 1
Discounted Price: 130

Model S
Normal Price: 6
Discounted Price:78

A friend of mine has been wanting an S/X for some time. He recently emailed an advisor about inventory deals and he got this as a reply

"Our inventory is very limited at the moment. We are in a production transition away from inventory. We can only do inventory sales until this Thursday, after that we are switching to all custom order until the end of the quarter. Custom order really is the best option at the moment."

Is this standard or is Tesla focusing on producing more Model 3's?

So you say a salesperson told your friend he must hurry up to get a great deal, or buy a more expensive custom order car?

That doesn't sound like a salesperson at all!

Reactions: HankLloydRight