Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S3XY buttons at Abstract Ocean

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As the passenger, the ability to access Voice Command (which is indicated in their latest ad) helps offset a whole lot of the V11 crap.

But it also has the option to mute the speakers, something the passenger doesn't have as one or even 2 touches on the screen.

So immediately there are two functions I want, plus rear seat heater control *from* the rear seat, and glove box (because it pisses the driver off when I open the glove box and don't return the screen to the map.) So a set of four would be the minimum. Being in Canada the price is much more so I wait, hoping Tesla will continue to revert some of the things I hate the most about V11 (or at least return the Voice Command button on the home screen.)

If anyone was on the fence about buying these, they're on markdown for Easter right now. I got the Controller + 4 Button kit for under $200, and there are 10% off coupons floating around that gets them down to $180.

Unknown how long the pricing is good for, considering that today IS Easter.

Thought I'd share. :)

If anyone was on the fence about buying these, they're on markdown for Easter right now. I got the Controller + 4 Button kit for under $200, and there are 10% off coupons floating around that gets them down to $180.

Unknown how long the pricing is good for, considering that today IS Easter.

Thought I'd share. :)
I find these could be useful for the mirror folding button. Which they weren’t so big

Interestingly, the last (Beta) update I got to the S3XY button software broke regenerative braking for me (unless I turned on TACC!!). It was weird because I did not have "turn off regen" enabled for any button.

I didn't why it was happening, it but it was obvious immediately while driving and the update had just occurred. So I uninstalled the software and removed the Commander. Everything is fine, but now I am wary and haven't put it back.

• Informative
Reactions: Transformer
Interestingly, the last (Beta) update I got to the S3XY button software broke regenerative braking for me (unless I turned on TACC!!). It was weird because I did not have "turn off regen" enabled for any button.

I didn't why it was happening, it but it was obvious immediately while driving and the update had just occurred. So I uninstalled the software and removed the Commander. Everything is fine, but now I am wary and haven't put it back.
I just updated the app a couple of days ago and didn't do the Beta version, and have not experience any issue with regen braking. I wonder if the issue you are seeing with regen braking is related to the Beta firmware? Perhaps you can email them about this issue.

When you removed the commander, did you just unplug the commander module or removed the harness as well?

Reactions: DrGriz
I just updated the app a couple of days ago and didn't do the Beta version, and have not experience any issue with regen braking. I wonder if the issue you are seeing with regen braking is related to the Beta firmware? Perhaps you can email them about this issue.

When you removed the commander, did you just unplug the commander module or removed the harness as well?
I took out the harness. Guess I could have just unplugged the module but I was bothered enough I just pulled the whole thing. Well, I left the buttons where they were.

Yes, I probably should email them, but I feel like, it's beta. Stuff happens. I am glad to hear the non-Beta update didn't do that.

Right now I am about to go on a cross country trip, and I would rather not deal with drama. So I'll probably play it when I return.

Reactions: gx9901
Hello all. I just wanted to introduce @dimitar.ns , he's the founder & CEO of Enhance, so designed and manufactured the S3XY buttons, and is constantly working on the development roadmap based on feedback in threads like this.

As always, if there's any specific support issues, please still channel those to out support address, but if there's feature requests you'd like to discuss, or other ideas, feel free to air them here :)

Hi all,

I'm glad I can share some of the new features we are working on:
- Autopilot toggle - it took us more time than expected and will be released only as Beta for now because we still have some synchronization issues to solve but will work good and will provide you quick way to activate AP
- Autopilot ENHANCE toggle - the first press will activate the AP and every press afterward will toggle the speed up and down which will show the car that you have your attention on the road and your hands are on the wheel.
- Turn signals for Refreshed Model S and X - a lot of people are writing to us with this request, looks like they don't like the capacitive buttons on the yoke.
- Child lock - another frequently requested feature at our mailbox - we will introduce an option to quickly Unlock the Child Lock so your kids could open the door and get out. For safety reasons we think to make it that the door will be unlocked until you are pressing the button but any recommendations are welcome!
- Unlock doors - some people write to us that they are annoyed when they stop by to pick up someone and the car is still locked and since they need it once in a while they can't find the button on the screen quickly.
- more HVAC Controls - things like "Max heat/cool", "Fan speed +3/-3" and "Back window defrost" are easy and we will release them soon. However, things like "Recirculation On/Off" and "Rear Passengers Fan On/Off" are more complicated and so far we didn't find a reliable way to control them. Hopefully, with the future Tesla Software updates, there will be such.
- "Thank you!" feature - It's very popular in some countries, when you want to thank somebody for making space when changing lanes or for other good things on the road, you shortly activate the Hazard lights for 2-3 blinks and then stop them. People suggested that we make a dedicated button for this and we liked the idea so it will come in one of the next updates.
- Two actions to one button - Double Press or Long Press actions are coming in a few weeks. We are still working on the UX design of the app in order to make it look good when you want to set more than 1 action to a specific button.

There are some good ideas for Smart actions too:
- "Kick Down" - if you usually drive in CHILL but want to pass somebody on SPORT just hit the Acceleration pedal fully down and the Commander will switch to SPORT immediately for you. After a couple of seconds, it will switch back to CHILL for a more comfy ride with your family for example.
- "Basic AP" Enhancement - some people suggested making a function that activates AP again after a Lane Change when driving with Basic AP. We still need to sort this out but we like the idea and will be looking to implement it.
- "Auto engage AP" - in case you wanted to activate the AP but the lane markings are missing (happening a lot in Bulgaria 😕) the Commander will do it automatically once they are back.

We have much more in our roadmap that we still need to evaluate for feasibility but the most popular ones are:
- Model Y Off-Road Assist
- Seat control and Passenger profiles
- Slip Start Toggle
- battery preconditioning for non-tesla superchargers
- Fog lights and Parking lights
- Open Door (for Uber)
- Boombox activation (Fart on-demand with a button)
- Suspension Height for Model S and X
- Wash mode, Camp mode and Wipers Service mode
etc.

The list of tasks with enhancements to the Dashboard is even bigger and we will need a separate thread only for this but in the Summer we will start improving it so a lot of new things to come inside it!

We found some issues with the latest Tesla Software versions 2022.12.1 and 2022.4.5.21-FSD so sometimes there might be strange behavior like the Regen not working mentioned above or Fold Mirrors and Seat Heaters not working. We are working on these with priority and we will be happy for any assistance to resolve them asap. If you find such issues or want to help, please send an email to support at enhauto directly. They reply to all emails!

I would be happy to discuss the features above or the new ones you might have in mind. You could also influence the prioritization of these, so please let me know anything that might help to make our product even better!

Hi all,

- Autopilot toggle - it took us more time than expected and will be released only as Beta for now because we still have some synchronization issues to solve but will work good and will provide you quick way to activate AP
- Autopilot ENHANCE toggle - the first press will activate the AP and every press afterward will toggle the speed up and down which will show the car that you have your attention on the road and your hands are on the wheel.
- Turn signals for Refreshed Model S and X - a lot of people are writing to us with this request, looks like they don't like the capacitive buttons on the yoke.
- Child lock - another frequently requested feature at our mailbox - we will introduce an option to quickly Unlock the Child Lock so your kids could open the door and get out. For safety reasons we think to make it that the door will be unlocked until you are pressing the button but any recommendations are welcome!
- Unlock doors - some people write to us that they are annoyed when they stop by to pick up someone and the car is still locked and since they need it once in a while they can't find the button on the screen quickly.
- more HVAC Controls - things like "Max heat/cool", "Fan speed +3/-3" and "Back window defrost" are easy and we will release them soon. However, things like "Recirculation On/Off" and "Rear Passengers Fan On/Off" are more complicated and so far we didn't find a reliable way to control them. Hopefully, with the future Tesla Software updates, there will be such.
- "Thank you!" feature - It's very popular in some countries, when you want to thank somebody for making space when changing lanes or for other good things on the road, you shortly activate the Hazard lights for 2-3 blinks and then stop them. People suggested that we make a dedicated button for this and we liked the idea so it will come in one of the next updates.
- Two actions to one button - Double Press or Long Press actions are coming in a few weeks. We are still working on the UX design of the app in order to make it look good when you want to set more than 1 action to a specific button.

- "Kick Down" - if you usually drive in CHILL but want to pass somebody on SPORT just hit the Acceleration pedal fully down and the Commander will switch to SPORT immediately for you. After a couple of seconds, it will switch back to CHILL for a more comfy ride with your family for example.
- "Basic AP" Enhancement - some people suggested making a function that activates AP again after a Lane Change when driving with Basic AP. We still need to sort this out but we like the idea and will be looking to implement it.
- "Auto engage AP" - in case you wanted to activate the AP but the lane markings are missing (happening a lot in Bulgaria 😕) the Commander will do it automatically once they are back.

We have much more in our roadmap that we still need to evaluate for feasibility but the most popular ones are:
- Slip Start Toggle
- Open Door (for Uber)
etc.

The list of tasks with enhancements to the Dashboard is even bigger and we will need a separate thread only for this but in the Summer we will start improving it so a lot of new things to come inside it!

We found some issues with the latest Tesla Software versions 2022.12.1 and 2022.4.5.21-FSD so sometimes there might be strange behavior like the Regen not working mentioned above or Fold Mirrors and Seat Heaters not working. We are working on these with priority and we will be happy for any assistance to resolve them asap. If you find such issues or want to help, please send an email to support at enhauto directly. They reply to all emails!

I would be happy to discuss the features above or the new ones you might have in mind. You could also influence the prioritization of these, so please let me know anything that might help to make our product even better!
Awesome! Glad to see all these things in the works. I look forward to the implementation of some of these things in the future. I've been enjoying the buttons and the app and it's fun to see updates once in a while like the Tesla itself.

Just wanted to share my experience using these S3XY buttons. I was eyeing them for a couple months. Didn't want to pay full price for them to try. One of my Youtube guy was reviewing it and mention that I can set one of the buttons to Toggle "chill" or "sport" mode. I was sold. So happen it was on sale for $200 a couple weeks ago. So I had to order them try.

What a game changer. I installed the Hanshow Power frunk and I keep all my food in there. Also my work backpack, don't want it to show in the car and risk someone breaking my window for it in the city. So I used my power frunk daily. Before having the buttons, I have to take my phone out, unlock it, open the app, click on the frunk release, then confirm open. Now, the button is next to my driver door pocket. Open door, push the button...frunk open. And there is a button inside the frunk to close. EZPZ! My phone stay in my pocket now! :). But of course , u can just open ur door and reach over to the screen to open the frunk… but imagine doing this 3-4x daily. 😡

So I toggle "chill" or "sport" mode daily too. Depending if im driving solo or with the family. Wife don't like me driving on sport mode with the child. Plus she get car sick easily. One of the button is to toggle Chill or sports. Godsend! The 3rd button is to turn on all the interior lights. Useful at night when u want to turn on the lights to find something. Or don't you hate it when you first get into ur car and step on the brake pedal. The interior lights will shut off! The Last button is for the glove department. Was thinking of using it for the rear trunk, but there is a trunk release button on the hatch. And I have a foot sensor back there. All buttons hidden behind the main screen on the bottom. U don't see it, u just feel it. :)

If you experienced unintended openings of the Frunk and/or Charge Port when entering the vehicle, please try the latest version we have just released v2.5.2 and let us know if it's still happening. We added more filtering to the unexpected CAN messages in the beginning when the car modules are wakening up from deep sleep and a slight delay so now this problem should be eliminated.

I am having an issue where the buttons just stop working for no apparent reason. The first time I experienced this was the day I installed them, they worked fine in my garage but then when I went for a drive they stopped working. That night the car did a software update (causing a system reset) and the buttons started working... now they stopped working again for no apparent reason... I will do a system reset and see if that helps.

Keith

Hi all,

- Slip Start Toggle
- Open Door (for Uber)
etc.

OK, some of the features I like use sensors that are already built into the car like the front door handle half press for Frunk Open, rear door handle press for charging door... how about using the window switches on the doors to control the heated seats? With the window already closed the "close windows" signal could toggle between the seat heater settings.

Keith

Reactions: dimitar.ns
I am having an issue where the buttons just stop working for no apparent reason. The first time I experienced this was the day I installed them, they worked fine in my garage but then when I went for a drive they stopped working. That night the car did a software update (causing a system reset) and the buttons started working... now they stopped working again for no apparent reason... I will do a system reset and see if that helps.

Keith
Looks like something for our support team. Please, send an email to [email protected] with more info about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got these installed! I am loving the fan up/down control. What i would like would be able to share one button for fan up/down. Can the buttons do like double tap or long press for certain features? Maybe something like double tap for down and single for up. Really, if we could do double taps or long taps for any button feature would be ideal.

I imagine this might cause you to sell less extra buttons but it seems like something that 'should' be present in any smart button.

Also, do any of the exterior door handle features work on Model S? I couldn't get them to work. If not ,maybe they could be dimmed out in the app if they are just for model 3/Y.

Just got these installed! I am loving the fan up/down control. What i would like would be able to share one button for fan up/down. Can the buttons do like double tap or long press for certain features? Maybe something like double tap for down and single for up. Really, if we could do double taps or long taps for any button feature would be ideal.

I imagine this might cause you to sell less extra buttons but it seems like something that 'should' be present in any smart button.

Also, do any of the exterior door handle features work on Model S? I couldn't get them to work. If not ,maybe they could be dimmed out in the app if they are just for model 3/Y.
We have the concept for double and long-press actions but unfortunately, we don't have Software update for the Buttons so it's a bit tricky to make it work reliably. The buttons fall asleep with the car and on the next cycle if you want to wake up the button with a double press (instead of a normal press) it might not be detected well. We are looking for a workaround or a different approach. Once we got it right we could release the feature. We will need also some redesign in the app to make it easier to configure the two actions as the current design allows only one.

Door handle functions don't work on the S and X. We will dim them in the app in one of the next updates. We will also add filtering based on the configuration and model (like TrackMode or Heated SteeringWheel etc.).

Could one of these buttons be placed (and left) on my non-Tesla charging handle to unlock the charging port?
Yes! A lot of people like to do it on the handle or on the station for non-Tesla equipment. It works perfectly outside the car and is very useful for such use-case. You should have in mind that if the car is asleep you should wake it up first by opening a door for example.

Reactions: cosmith71