Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish to know how to opt out of this system entirely. I tried Chat, and no one seems to know the answer. The current data sharing options only have to do non-VIN linked data. The privacy policy does did not say anything about collecting this type of data.

I would have not purchased my S if this kind of system was in place, and will sell it if there is no true way to opt out.
If you hate that, get your tinfoil hat ready and I can tell you what that phone or computer you used to make this post is doing in the background while you use it.

If you hate that, get your tinfoil hat ready and I can tell you what that phone or computer you used to make this post is doing in the background while you use it.
I don't care because of some nebulous fear about being tracked or data being used for marketing. I find a gamified safety rating system patronizing, and really don't want to own a car with that feature. The fact that data privacy may be an avenue towards making sure I can still have a Tesla, without this being turned on, is simply a means, not an end.

Thanks @diplomat33 for the link. Great explanation of how the score is determined. Unfortunately, as a new vision-only MY owner stuck on 2021.11.102, I appear to not be eligible to see my score, which requires not only version 4.1 on the app, but 2021.32.22 or higher on the car as well.

Hopefully, Tesla will soon merge update branches so us new owners can get the stuff everyone else has (Disney+, Car Wash Mode, Safety Score, Mirror Dimming Controls, etc.) but that discussion is already beaten to death in another forum…
My wife's Y was on 2021.11.102 until this morning, when she got the update for 2021.32.22.

Reactions: BitJam
Please reboot your phone.
Yeah that is what I did (restarting app did not work). Might have been time, or it could have been the reboot.

Well on my way to qualification, lol.
1AE4B1F8-75CE-4CF9-A4B1-534E6F28B057.png

Reactions: BitJam
Yea I see issues with this already. Initially got a score of 16 because of a collision warning for a car that was in the side of the road, it’s now improved to 65 on the second drive but will obviously take a lot of driving to offset this.

There are going to be a lot false positives even though your a good driver. Don’t feel like driving like a nanny to make sure the car avoids all false positives…

Yea I see issues with this already. Initially got a score of 16 because of a collision warning for a car that was in the side of the road, it’s now improved to 65 on the second drive but will obviously take a lot of driving to offset this.

There are going to be a lot false positives even though your a good driver. Don’t feel like driving like a nanny to make sure the car avoids all false positives…
I guess in a way they are also judging the environment where you live.

Do those of us with an android have any way to see our score? The app is the only way right now?
Know anybody with an ipad? Might be able to buy a used ipad or iphone for near $100.

• Disagree
Reactions: rxlawdude
Makes me wonder if NAV driving even counts on the safety score. After all, we're fairly limited on what we can affect while on NAV in terms of the safety criteria. After signing up I drove 9 miles but almost all on easy suburban roads using NAV. Nothing showed up on the safety app.

Then drove 18 miles, about half on NAV. Finally got a score.

Chill on, follow set to 7 - driving like a granny. Got a ding for an "aggressive turn" - no idea where. Not sure I want to play this game. Rules are ambiguous.