Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
112 pages.
There's going to be carnage when Monday's release notes just say:
Adjustment to safety score algorithm.
Various bug fixes..
I think there will be an outright mutiny when they say, "We locked in the Safety Score for all eligible drivers on October 1, 7 days after initial button push"
Or, "anyone who borked the main computer after a drive, is DISQUALIFIED!"
NO KOBAYAHSI MARU for YOU!

1,500 divided by .12 would indicate that 12,500 vehicles are participating in the test.
Any thoughts?
It’s likely substantially higher than that as the overall success rate is very likely lower than 12%. The TeslaFi sample is very likely strongly biased to highly motivated participants. I’d estimate maybe double to triple that number participating overall (at least).

Just a guess though!

I’d also guess more like 2k participants qualify overall.

As of now TeslaFi reports that 12% of their 1,934 full self driving fleet have score of 100 (which is 232 vehicles). If we assume (per Elon's tweet) that there would have been ~1,200 with a score of 100 as of the original 10.2 release but now we increase that to 1,500 then 1,500 divided by .12 would indicate that 12,500 vehicles are participating in the test.
Any thoughts?
I'd say people on Teslafi are likely more plugged in than normal "button pushers". Ofcourse there will also be people who do not signup for Teslafi because of privacy/security concerns.

Overall 10% or less is what I'd expect to be the 100 scorers out of button pushers. So, 12.5k doesn't look too out of whack - though my guess would be more like 20k - with about 5% getting 100.

Reactions: n.one.one
The real question is: once all people who qualify get the beta downloaded, would Tesla still be using the Safety Score when driving on beta? If that’s the case then I will probably not get it. I have a 98 score but I feel I’m less safe driving. Assholes cutting in front of you, giving you another ding on the safety score.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Good luck to those with scores that are within striking distance of 100 who are hoping they can get there before the delayed release of 10.2 . If you'd like to plan how many miles you need to drive consider using my spreadsheet (or other similar sheets) for your driving strategy. It helped me and I've gotten great feedback that it's been helpful to others. Since I see there are constant (anonymous) viewers at the sheet I've done some formatting to make the sheet more compact and clarify some of the notes. There are full instructions on the sheet as shown on the screenshot below the link. Good luck and good driving.

Link:

Screenshot:
View attachment 719856

how do i find how many miles needed until the target 100?

I'm trying to decide...does this relate to FSD beta in any way?

1633890155616.png

• Funny
Reactions: S4WRXTTCS and EVNow
The real question is: once all people who qualify get the beta downloaded, would Tesla still be using the Safety Score when driving on beta? If that’s the case then I will probably not get it. I have a 98 score but I feel I’m less safe driving. Assholes cutting in front of you, giving you another ding on the safety score.
Once you get the beta fsd - you start using it and make sure it drives properly. Disengage if it does something bad. They won't revoke because of such actions. But they will continue to monitor the safety score. IMO, you won't need to keep it at very high. I'm going to just drive how I used to (using AP most of the time).

My guess is the revokes would mainly be those that do some other stuff (like checking phones) instead of monitoring FSD.

Once you get the beta fsd - you start using it and make sure it drives properly. Disengage if it does something bad. They won't revoke because of such actions. But they will continue to monitor the safety score. IMO, you won't need to keep it at very high. I'm going to just drive how I used to (using AP most of the time).

My guess is the revokes would mainly be those that do some other stuff (like checking phones) instead of monitoring FSD.
Thanks for the reply. But my question still is about driving manually. Their “hard breaking” is really a normal breaking. But they still ding you for that. If that’s really the case then I will wait for the normal release.

Chuck Cook recommended creating a new profile just for FSD beta use. That way you could choose whether to use it or not.
That won't solve the safety rating thing. They will track safety rating - and if it goes down a lot, will probably revoke fsd beta.

I will use it of course. But sometimes I want to drive it because I just like it. Acceleration is exhilarating lol
You can accelerate all you want. They aren't counting that - just how unsafe you drive when accelerating.

I shut my data sharing permission off last night. Hard braking is OK when kids suddenly run into a parking lot after Karate class. FCWs from parked cars opening doors. Sorry, our streets aren’t 50 yards wide. FCW in left turn lane, never got within 2 car lengths of the car ahead. Too much danger of being rear ended. People drive over the limit and tailgate and cutoff if you don’t. I’m not going to drive 500 miles for a point. Paying for the feature is my justification for getting the feature. Advice to new buyers: Don’t buy the con

I bite the bullet and gamed the system. Got on the highway before the sun got up and headed for the sticks on AP. Got the mileage multiplier on the start-of-the-day 100 score and boasted my average to 99.54. Seems a bit like cheating to me but those are the rules.

Did have to reset once. Apparently 90mph is a no-no while on AP. It complained loudly then put me in AP jail. I assumed AP jail would be some sort of ding so I took the hit and reset. It’s so much easier to get a 100 using AP on lightly populated highway driving.

It was the longest I’ve used AP. I think I have a better understanding where it’s going to mess up.. which might make me use it more overall as I can better predict when it’s time to shut it off.