Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That won't solve the safety rating thing. They will track safety rating - and if it goes down a lot, will probably revoke fsd beta.
True, but having a separate profile just makes it easier to switch FSD beta on and off without having to fumble through the UI every time one starts a new trip. This is also helpful for cars with multiple drivers.

No, you didn't.

I think it does depend on timing, model, options and local taxes. In WA in 2018 I paid 74500 for a red\black M3P- with FSD including doc+fees, however at the time the M3P would have been an extra $5000. With WA high 10.1% sales tax that is over $1500 more than a M3P today (and that is after all the recent price hikes). The RTA taxes per year would have probably been higher on the 2018 car, than they are on a 2021 since they are based of MSRP. However, if someone requested the $5k refund to give up their unlimited super charging on the 2018 M3P, then that would have been cheaper.

Once you get the beta fsd - you start using it and make sure it drives properly. Disengage if it does something bad. They won't revoke because of such actions. But they will continue to monitor the safety score. IMO, you won't need to keep it at very high. I'm going to just drive how I used to (using AP most of the time).

My guess is the revokes would mainly be those that do some other stuff (like checking phones) instead of monitoring FSD.
Or using it whilst sitting in the back seat and nag eliminator installed on the wheel/yoke!

Reactions: FSDtester#1
The best part is how it's been nothing but empty promises, for years, and there are still people like @EVNow who have faith and still believe his every word. Funny, but I guess I can't deny that I appreciate his positive thinking.
Hey you are going to get muted and thumbs downed for that. You have some nerve to expect something that the CEO stated to his 120M followers and customers paid for to come to fruition.

Some nerve this one….

Last edited:
Yes, be very careful about driving further unless you are committed to getting hard braking for the day at or below 0.2%.
It is my only car so that will be hard. Hopefully we will get it tomorrow by midnight. Tomorrow I can get by with about 6 miles. Unfortunately they are in the middle of the city and anything can happen. City driving SUCKS to make/keep a 100 score.

Hey you are going to get muted and thumbs downed for that. You have some nerve to expect something that the CEO stated to his 120M followers and customers paid for to come to fruition.

Some nerve this one….
I know you are joking with him. But there is something so pathetic about people who tell you they’re muting you. It’s a sad attempt to feel superior.

It is my only car so that will be hard. Hopefully we will get it tomorrow by midnight. Tomorrow I can get by with about 6 miles. Unfortunately they are in the middle of the city and anything can happen. City driving SUCKS to make/keep a 100 score.
Just be sure to get your score today to 100 if you are doing more miles. Have to commit to it. As few miles as possible to get to 100. If you can get to 100 you can drive more today. Just can’t screw it up!

• Funny
Reactions: boonedocks
Here you go (from TeslaFi).

Here are a few of the 100s with their miles.
View attachment 719910

And here are the top miles regardless of score.
View attachment 719894
So surprised by everybody's mileage. Average mileage for US is estimated to be 12K per year, which is 33 miles per day. So, for 2 week period, it should be 460 miles. Covid probably reduces US average. All these 1,000+ miles are more than double average.

Reactions: n.one.one
I shut my data sharing permission off last night. Hard braking is OK when kids suddenly run into a parking lot after Karate class. FCWs from parked cars opening doors. Sorry, our streets aren’t 50 yards wide. FCW in left turn lane, never got within 2 car lengths of the car ahead. Too much danger of being rear ended. People drive over the limit and tailgate and cutoff if you don’t. I’m not going to drive 500 miles for a point. Paying for the feature is my justification for getting the feature. Advice to new buyers: Don’t buy the con

Instead of being totally out can you try playing the opt-out, and opt-in game?

We know its sham, but that doesn't mean we have to completely give up.

We can simply accept it for a silly game, and beat Tesla at the game.

So simply opt-in when you know you can score high, and opt-out when you go for a drive where you know the location/drive will likely mess up your score.

Basically selective permission.

There is no minimum miles
There doesn't to be any queue so no danger in losing your spot

My advice to new buyers is to simply subscribe from time to time to FSD to evaluate it themselves, but don't spend $10K on it.

I bite the bullet and gamed the system. Got on the highway before the sun got up and headed for the sticks on AP. Got the mileage multiplier on the start-of-the-day 100 score and boasted my average to 99.54. Seems a bit like cheating to me but those are the rules.

Did have to reset once. Apparently 90mph is a no-no while on AP. It complained loudly then put me in AP jail. I assumed AP jail would be some sort of ding so I took the hit and reset. It’s so much easier to get a 100 using AP on lightly populated highway driving.

It was the longest I’ve used AP. I think I have a better understanding where it’s going to mess up.. which might make me use it more overall as I can better predict when it’s time to shut it off.
Just a heads up, but being sent to AP jail for going over the speed limit doesn't ding your score at all. Have had it happen to me on numerous occasions when I've accidentally gone above the 80 mph limit.

Just be sure to get your score today to 100 if you are doing more miles. Have to commit to it. As few miles as possible to get to 100. If you can get to 100 you can drive more today. Just can’t screw it up!
Not sure I understand. Today is only 5 miles and a Yellow 1.5% Hard Braking for a daily score of 97. However my overall score is 100. Why should I drive more today? Would't it be better to just try and drive a 100 tomorrow for only 6 miles and that would keep my overall 100 score?

Also you and others have said that a 0.2% Hard Braking was the max allowed. I have 0.4% and a 100. What is different for me?
IMG_9328.jpeg

IMG_9329.jpeg