Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is exactly what brought my score down to 99. Need advice: Do I park my model 3 with a 99 score and hope it won't be too long of a wait to get the beta...or do I try to improve the score? I could drive my Model S instead, and try to improve its score of 95. What do you guys think is best?
That is exactly what brought my score down to 99. Need advice: Do I park my model 3 with a 99 score and hope it won't be too long of a wait to get the beta...or do I try to improve the score? I could drive my Model S instead, and try to improve its score of 95. What do you guys think is best?
YES, YES park the 3 and drive the S. Assuming the 3 has > 100 miles since you started.

Just out of curiosity, I met the criteria for 100 score and mileage, but thinking maybe no dice since I don't have a cabin camera on my S. Anyone without a cabin camera that got in to disprove my theory?
I reported earlier about a 2017 MS 75D with FSD Beta on TeslaFi and it would not have a cabin camera. I actually have a 2017 MS 75D without the camera. But I have a 99 score so no dice for me.

You? ... bah. I'm worried about ME! ;-)

2018 Model S, upgraded to hardware 3, no camera, and I got a 100 score Saturday night. -- I have no idea if I'm getting the beta, but I really hope so!
Some think the cutoff for Friday mid day when the system was down for a bit. I.E. you need it before Friday Noon. But I suspect you will be at the top of those of us in the 99 group.

• Helpful
Reactions: kbM3
Thoughts on when the next roll out will be? Originally, Elon said 1k per day, then there was something about wait a bit and see how the first batch goes etc. If they did the snapshot on Friday, are we all locked into those scores? If so, I was a 99 on Friday so it will be awhile :(. There have been a couple of other times through the weekend when the scores were down and maybe they were doing another snapshot (I hope)? It will suck to try a keep a 100 all week again.

Reactions: Sporty
Just out of curiosity, I met the criteria for 100 score and mileage, but thinking maybe no dice since I don't have a cabin camera on my S. Anyone without a cabin camera that got in to disprove my theory?
I don't have a cabin camera in my 2018 Model X, and I did get into the FSD Beta this morning.

Okay, after driving on Beta some more it counterintuitively has done better for me with traffic than without, since cars around it tames the abruptness a bit and makes turns more comfortable when it’s following a car as opposed to just gunning it out of a turn. It’s also nice to see cars rendered beyond just the adjacent lanes on NoAP, even if it doesn’t affect decision making. I can see myself using it more and more as I get more comfortable with its foibles. I’m already pretty naturally overriding with the accelerator when it randomly slows down and taking over steering when I’m not comfortable with how closely it’s cutting it to the curb. Just need to get used to taking over naturally when it does that stupidly aggressive acceleration out of a turn when it isn’t necessary.

Don't think it's the internal camera. Although maybe the upgraded AP 2.5 cameras? Below is what TeslaFi shows with beta FSD for MS/MX. Not sure you can tell from this whether or not any of these have the original AP 2.0 cameras. Anyone?

Screenshot_20211011-191839_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Vector2
Safety Score disappeared from my app today after public beta launch this morning to 100/100 people.

Still on 2021.32.22 for time being.

Safety Score coming back to app for next round or they just going to use the previous rankings for 99/100 people?

Not the person you're replying too but I exceeded criteria on Friday, June/2017 MS MCU2 upgrade, AP2 hardware

Seems AP2.5 S/X got some of the beta but none of the AP2 even though they are functionally identical on Vision from what I understand.
I doubt any AP2.5, or AP2, cars will get the FSD beta. You would have to have upgraded to AP3/HW3, to get the FSD computer, before you would get the beta.

Had FSD beta fail going around a
Sharp corner I think it should have made. Also failed a small town roundabout. And it puts turn signals on at times when a normal human wouldn’t. Some places I just can’t use it. I’m sure it will improve over time but having these interventions helps the fleet learn so I’m ok with it. The screen is definitely busier now.
Yeah, I drove my neighbors 9.1 beta a while ago, the turn signals thing apparently is not fixed on 10.2.

I doubt any AP2.5, or AP2, cars will get the FSD beta. You would have to have upgraded to AP3/HW3, to get the FSD computer, before you would get the beta.

Yes, AP2 hardware (cameras+radar) are not upgraded when the HW3 AP3 "FSD Computer Upgrade" is installed. 2016.5-2017 S/X have AP2 cameras and radar even after upgrading to "HW3" or whatever you choose to call it. 2018 Model 3 is running AP2.5 cameras+radar and plenty got beta.

Oh, so it will be a game changer, once it's not L2. But you said FSD BETA was a game changer, not something in the future.

How long will that be? Been 5 years almost to the day since Tesla announced FSD. Tesla already said to the CA DMV that they will give lots of heads up before they try and move beyond L2, and that hasn't happened yet.

Of course something beyond L2 will be a game changer. However, there is a lot of historical direction here that L3+ won't happen on a Tesla that is in your garage today.

What's your timeline for useful, L3+ FSD on a 2020 Tesla?
Timeline on a 2020 Tesla?
Same as a 2019, 2018 and 2017 Tesla.

Probably 2 years ahead of the next closest competitor’s 2024 vehicles.

Safety Score disappeared from my app today after public beta launch this morning to 100/100 people.

Still on 2021.32.22 for time being.

Safety Score coming back to app for next round or they just going to use the previous rankings for 99/100 people?

Hmmm, I just got the FSD Beta today and my Safety Score was still visible in the Android app after I took a 15 minute test drive at lunch. After work, I drove to the store and afterwards went to check the score again. The Safety Score is no longer available in the Android. I then checked the iPhone version of the App I had previously installed the Tesla app on originally when the Score was not available in the Android version and it does still show my score including my latest drives from today?

I'm not finding much in my searches? Is this seen by others? I guess I could try uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but I would prefer to not have to go through the hassle and repairing the phone to the car.