Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
W
View attachment 723829Day 2 after opt-out/in. Another 22 miles of 100, up to 44 miles now.

Would’ve had 66 miles, but I had an FCW this morning. Did the reboot and got that drive flushed.

Should have another 44 miles tomorrow.

This is intense man, haha!! It’s worse than before…I don’t want to have to start over again, haha!! If I do, I’ve got a planned 140 drive this Saturday that should do the trick.
We’re all counting on you. No pressure.

Just received beta. Started FSD subscription last Friday when Elon said 99/100 gets it this Friday. Received 2021.32.22 last Friday and requested beta. Had a bad trip on Sunday that dropped the score to 95, running donuts during night to fix it to 99. Noticed the roll out became daily yesterday, so drove 38 miles this morning to raise the score to 100. Got beta one hour ago.

Not bad for someone paid FSD for 5 days. Lucky? Maybe. Calculated? Definitely.

Excellent info. How were you notified? on App or in-car?
I got email, then check the app, 2021.32.25 was already downloaded 50%, with LTE. Seems Tesla is more eager to sent it out. Now I feel I was the one got played by the system, even I thought I was gaming it :p

P.S. Added an entries with "FSD Beta speedrun" in the googlesheet in the other thread.
1634787214142.png

Reactions: T-Racer
Just received beta. Started FSD subscription last Friday when Elon said 99/100 gets it this Friday. Received 2021.32.22 last Friday and requested beta. Had a bad trip on Sunday that dropped the score to 95, running donuts during night to fix it to 99. Noticed the roll out became daily yesterday, so drove 38 miles this morning to raise the score to 100. Got beta one hour ago.

Not bad for someone paid FSD for 5 days. Lucky? Maybe. Calculated? Definitely.
Just so I'm understanding clearly, did you only have to wait an hour for the beta to show after hitting 100 or was there a longer waiting period? I'm going to be driving to 100 miles with 100 score on an empty freeway in a few hours 😂

• Funny
Reactions: Itsuo-DC
Just so I'm understanding clearly, did you only have to wait an hour for the beta to show after hitting 100 or was there a longer waiting period? I'm going to be driving to 100 miles with 100 score on an empty freeway in a few hours 😂
My guess is they likely pull all the 100s sometime in the afternoon, and push the beta in the evening. So if you get to 100/100 before noon, then likely get it the same evening, otherwise the next evening.

Anybody have 2 cars on the same account with Safety Scores? I heard it was all per VIN? Anyway, I have a 99 on my Model S and my wife has a 97 on her Model 3. I am hoping that my car gets the Beta Friday night and that she will get hers in a couple weeks with the 98 group. No way to get her to 99 without doing the OPT OUT/IN routine. And if we did the Opt out/in routine would that affect my 99 on my car. We are in the same App. I would assume it would only affect her car. She does not drive much (less < 200 since the start almost 4 weeks ago).
I have two cars on same account. They had separate Safety Scores. But got the 10.2 FSD beta since they had 100 Safety Scores.

I suspect you will get the Beta on one car first, but not the lower Safety Score other One.

Reactions: d21mike
New here and been lurking. Trying to clarify the reboot procedure to wipe the score. After weeks of 97 due to FSD FCW/APs craziness...finally got my score back to a 99. Never tried gaming the system like others, which is disappointing to see BTW IMO. But, it is what it is. So I started to game it as well, just hwy miles and trips I knew would get me a 100 the last 7 days and 400 miles of driving. Never will make it to 100 unless I opt-out/in since it would take 3000 to get there.

Anyway, I normally after a drive and something happened I *thought* could be a possible ding like a hard braking even on AP 100% nearly the way the car reacts.

The process I usually do is:

1) Double button reset.
2) After a reboot and the screen comes back to life, I would pull over shortly later within a few miles or just already be stopped without putting it in park.
3) Then put in park, open door, get out of car, take phone with me, walk away...it locks.
4) Go back in car, start driving again and the score wouldn't record.

This morning though here is what I did:

1) Double button reset, it reset about 2 minutes before I got to my work/parking lot.
2) Navigated to my charging spot, parked, plugged charger in etc..like a normal car exit.
3) When I got my stuff and walked away, I check the phone for the drive, and it ended up capturing the last 2 minutes after the reset like it was a brand new drive/statistics.

Got a 100 for the 2 minute drive and no mileage, which whatever, I have 10 days of 600 miles 100 score driving with zero dings anywhere.

So, my question is...from other times I have done something similar, and wasn't parked, still moving, and drove more miles then later got out of the car and just walked away, it never captured any data for the entire drive.

This time it was a bit strange that it just reset the mileage/stats for the safety data, then just started capturing the data from that reboot on forward.

Is that normal?

Thanks for that spreadsheet BTW @n.one.one it is accurate the math and done well. Right when I hit 99, entered my data and at 98.53 now. Going to do a drive home and reset, then just go through my neighborhood the last few miles this afternoon and get 100 for a few more miles...hope to see the Beta download in the morning.

Otherwise, give it a day or two...if not, going to just opt-out and back in like others and get my 100 and get the download. Should have gamed the system to begin with sadly.

Thanks

Good info, confirms 7 days is not required.

Sounds like someone could press the button and recieve beta within a day or two if they get 100 miles and 100 score.
It makes me sad to see how flawed this seriously is.
First of all the early button pushers that worked hard for 2 weeks and drove countless of useless miles to get score to 100 basically just got royally screwed.
So all with bad scores can simply opt out and start over.
Also who cares that on top of that some paid for FSD years ago and are still waiting, when you can get the subscription for a couple of days and get in right away.
And even more on top of that are the 2016/2017 owners that paid years ago AND have 100 score AND are still waiting with no response from Tesla

It's certainly a crazy system, ludicrous was a term used above; just madness what we're all doing to get this beta. We've ALL paid $10K for FSD.
After one bad day with some phantom braking on a very curvy road (shouldn't have used AP), I've been working to get my score from 98-99, driving hundreds of miles, trying to attain a perfect score. Doing this in the morning isn't working - too many people on the highways. I like the suggestion of doing this after 10pm at night, on an empty freeway. It just comes down to priority - how much of your time are you willing to devote to this effort.
I think I'm going to be happy with a 98 and hope it's not too much longer. Madness!!

Have been following since the beginning of this thread but not the past 50 pages… has anyone seen my situation? - I’ve had a 99 score for the past 1.5 -2 weeks (Day-1 button guy, had a 97 by the first wave of FSD release, been at 99 since then) but out of the country the past 5 days so no driving… just checked my safety score and it’s down to 98!! Anyone know why my score would go down when car is in the garage? Guess I’m not that concerned, I’m one of the most likely screwed-over Dec 2016 builds that has upgraded to MCU2 and upgraded FSD computer. Salt in the wound!