Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a 213/100 last weekend and still have not gotten beta. I have a 2020 MS and no interior camera. Electrek is now reporting 2.0 must have a camera retrofit, per Elon last night. I would assume that was the older models and that I'm running 3.0 hardware. My problem is I'm only a 97 overall with thousands of miles driven during this "Game". My score gets knocked down badly when I use AP and I'm stuck with those terrible scores. Plus driving in the DC Metro area is almost impossible to get a 100. when I traveled it was easy. Hadn't thought about resetting.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: outdoors
Electrek is now reporting 2.0 must have interior camera retrofit
Are you referring to this article? I don't see any mentions of interior camera:

The article does refer to 8 cameras, which typically refers to the 3 front + 2 pillar + 2 repeater + backup: "The CEO didn’t elaborate on when this upgrade will become available and if it’s for all eight cameras that are part of the sensor suite."

Totally agree with what has been said here. Been saying the whole time this whole rollout should have been planned better by Tesla. First it was 7 days of driving, then it became 2 weeks. Then they were going to roll it to groups of 1k daily now they are adding safety scores every 2 weeks. Now people can opt out and back in and get 100 for a couple of days and get the beta. The big question is will those of us with a 99 that have been doing this since the beginning (and have logged over 1500 miles also) get it this weekend as we were told. I'm pretty sure it is much harder to log 1500miles at a 99 then to get a 100 score with 100 miles.

I understand how frustrating the changing rollout schedule is but let me make a comment. With my job, I create test plans for the tests I am going to do on an item..the problem is that with my specific job, 99% of the time I start to do the test and then immediately throw away the test plan because the beginning results indicate that I should go in a different direction. I could make a matrix of a thousand different test conditions but it is a waste of time cause I know I will be skipping most of them as soon as I start the testing....All because you don't know what you don't know.

I have a feeling that Tesla is changing things based on the data or lack of data that they are getting. It's a Beta, not a full release, things change.

Are you referring to this article? I don't see any mentions of interior camera:

The article does refer to 8 cameras, which typically refers to the 3 front + 2 pillar + 2 repeater + backup: "The CEO didn’t elaborate on when this upgrade will become available and if it’s for all eight cameras that are part of the sensor suite."
Yes, I assumed the interior camera given the picture of it on the header. I removed the interior camera in an edit, butt still think it is implied.

I should have stopped playing this game trying to get my score up to 99 5 days ago and just opted out/back in after awhile and score gone, then go for 2 50+ mile drives in a row, get the 100 and wait for the Beta download same day instead of trying to be a good driver and play their silly game. Feel like such a fool. Elon is good at making people do that.

This game is flawed and absurd. People are getting tired of it.

Well, will have fun the rest of today two button it when Inget home and wait for my download by Sat AM, well until Elon Tweets later today it won’t be ready due to issues.

0ABE6250-DF3E-42B9-B5B2-5E619055C140.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: Ramphex
I understand how frustrating the changing rollout schedule is but let me make a comment. With my job, I create test plans for the tests I am going to do on an item..the problem is that with my specific job, 99% of the time I start to do the test and then immediately throw away the test plan because the beginning results indicate that I should go in a different direction. I could make a matrix of a thousand different test conditions but it is a waste of time cause I know I will be skipping most of them as soon as I start the testing....All because you don't know what you don't know.

I have a feeling that Tesla is changing things based on the data or lack of data that they are getting. It's a Beta, not a full release, things change.
I fully understand that this is a beta and that Tesla has to be careful with how they roll it out. I do think it could have been run better. As I have said many times better communication would go a long way. I do think Tesla did a good job when they told the initial roll out people they needed a few more days and then did the rollout on monday. That is acceptable. I have been using the safety score for almost a month now when it was supposed to be for 7 days. Now people are opting out and back in getting a 100 score or joining now and getting a 100 score over a day or two and getting the beta. Other of us have 2k miles of data showing we are driving really safe. I think people with a 99 and 2k miles have proven themselves to be safer then someone with 2 drives and 100 miles with a 100 score.

To everyone on 99 if you don't get the beta tonight just opt out n opt back in, we've failed the game and a retry is the only option after tonight. I've been on 99 for like 2weeks now, yeah it sucks but complaining not gonna do any good. Hoping to get the beta tonight at midnight but if I wake up tomorrow and I still don't have it I'm opting out and getting my 100, cause screw this squid game!

Here is an update on the Tesla Safety Score G-Force Meter app (Android and iOS) that I'm developing to help know if you need to start diluting any aggressive turns or hard braking.

The two indicators at the top will flash red for a second every time you go over the G-Force limits stated on the Tesla safety score documentation.

I'm going to test it out while driving.

PXL_20211022_132401588.MP.jpg

To everyone on 99 if you don't get the beta tonight just opt out n opt back in, we've failed the game and a retry is the only option after tonight. I've been on 99 for like 2weeks now, yeah it sucks but complaining not gonna do any good. Hoping to get the beta tonight at midnight but if I wake up tomorrow and I still don't have it I'm opting out and getting my 100, cause screw this squid game!
It’s much better. Because you’re playing a game you know the rules for (not sure if anyone noticed but the web site did not have the 1s 3s rule in the original text). Let’s call opt in 1 practice. And opt in 2 the real game.

Reactions: DaveG_NJ and BCNY
Here is an update on the Tesla Safety Score G-Force Meter app (Android and iOS) that I'm developing to help know if you need to start diluting any aggressive turns or hard braking.

The two indicators at the top will flash red for a second every time you go over the G-Force limits stated on the Tesla safety score documentation.

I'm going to test it out while driving.

View attachment 724262
Nice work on this @GargantulaKon! I'm curious how you interpret the braking/deceleration number. If you're braking on a downgrade, my interpretation is that it is not tracking the actual g-force, but the deceleration MPH > 6.7/second. Like many others, I have a drive that involves a steep downgrade with an awkwardly placed traffic light. It appears to me that staying below the 6.7 MPH/second regardless of g-force keeps you ding-free.