Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salvage Car Owners Support Group.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Friggin' Cloudflare

Thanks for not just giving up @rooter

I have a few Q's bouncing around in my head... I need to reread this thread first so I don't re-hash things that may have already been explained... but if we find a suitable place, I think they may be enlightening for other folks in need of being able to maintain their car.

Idk, this forum doesn't seem particularly friendly to us at this point. I haven't heard anything from moderators.

I was hoping that diyelectriccar would be a place as ppl will inevitably have questions.

Do you think they took your stuff down intentionally? I don't think they'd do that, much more damaging information re: tesla has been posted on this forum, and many threads live on that contain that info. It was likely cloudflare. If you posted a pdf or a picture of your findings and it was taken down, id be WAY more concerned.

tenor.gif

lol

Wow I can still edit it the next day. I was exhausted when I posted it, so maybe I'll do some polishing.

PS - I wanted to put the exact opposite of Ingineer's pompous signature in my sig, but it seems he's deleted it since I made that comment about it. So I'll settle for this one.

Last edited:
Hey guys. Here is a question I got as I plan to rebuild a Tesla. Basicaly it sounds like: Why no projects of Model 3 rebuilds? There is something I don't know and you just cant make salvaged M3 running?
If you needed software help with a salvage M3, I believe the only person known to provide services for them is @Ingineer, possibly @wk057
Other than that, you should be able to get a salvage M3 up and running

I am getting a very intermittent coolant low alert. This is happening only when cold and it only comes on for a second or two and only once or twice a day.

Assuming the level is actually low (I'll look at it tomorrow), I'd like to top off the reservoir. The owner's manual makes it very clear to only have Tesla service add coolant, but the service manual doesn't contain any particular precautions, other than running the "drain and fill" routine from toolbox (which of course I can't do).

Is there any problem with just topping the coolant? Can I find the correct coolant somewhere besides Tesla:

"Tesla G-48 coolant (part number 1012820-00-A) is a pre-mixed 50/50 solution of antifreeze and water. The coolant is ready to use. Do not add water."

Thanks.