Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salvage Car Owners Support Group.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t see much on Salvage FSD in this thread. One post by @Margaritaboy who has a Model 3.

Can you purchase FSD on a car with a salvage title? i.e. does it show up on the app? Would it matter if you had AP2.0? Would it matter if you had HW2 or HW2.5?

If you already have FSD, can you get a service center MCU2 upgrade with a salvage title? If you got MCU2, or already had MCU2 before it was salvaged, can you get AP2.0 cameras upgraded?

If you already have FSD, can you get FSD Beta with a salvage title?

That said, to the best of my knowledge it IS possible to purchase FSD or enhanced auto pilot on a salvage car. But I do not know whether they will enable FSD beta or not. Would love to find out.
Thanks. Wasn't planning to buy it but seen a lot of salvage cars on auctions already have it included so would be nice to get one and have fun with it knowing that it won't be stripped away like SC.

In case you find this useful, I have EAP and premium connectivity. The only thing that Tesla removed was SC, everything else still works. And I can buy the FSD update from the app, schedule MCU2 upgrade, etc.

I didn’t know they upgraded the cameras, and certainly I don’t know what they gain with that.

Reactions: brainhouston
IMO it's a big waste of money to purchase FSD on a salvage car…
Many think so for a non salvage too.
…I didn’t know they upgraded the cameras, and certainly I don’t know what they gain with that.
For the first year, the first AP2.0 RCCC cameras probably had better contrast. Did they switch to RCCB better colors because the engineers didn’t think about blue traffic light outside the US? Who knows.

But apparently it is cheaper to replace the cameras than to make two software stacks. Or four, at the moment, since FSD is already two.

Last edited:
The OP mentioned a 2018 100D
Get a wall mount and charge at home. As for supercharging “sell/transfer” car using app to another individual (wife’s email) and your pay as you go supercharging will work again until Tesla turns it off again a week or so. You can tell if you have SC when you navigate to SC and look at details and see how much they charge per kWh (not just idle fees). Takes maybe 5 mins to do transfer

Relatively new salvage owner. I have access to someone with toolbox. Is there a place to look up error codes? Having problems with basic autopilot.
If this is toolbox 2 there is a place in the menu where you can read “Alerts”, and another one to check “DTCs”. It’s a good practice to clear then and see which ones remain (you might need to drive around after clearing the errors).

I have no idea about toolbox 3, but I guess it will have similar functionality.

Get a wall mount and charge at home. As for supercharging “sell/transfer” car using app to another individual (wife’s email) and your pay as you go supercharging will work again until Tesla turns it off again a week or so. You can tell if you have SC when you navigate to SC and look at details and see how much they charge per kWh (not just idle fees). Takes maybe 5 mins to do transfer
wait what?
SC re-activates during transfer or am i not understanding this?