Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salvage Car Owners Support Group.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im looking for a way to do a suspension calibration on a 2013 model S with mcu2 and SW 2022.36.
I do have an laptop with toolbox 2 on my hand. Is it possible to this calibration with toolbox 2? If someone can give me a hint I would really appreciate :)
thx

Im looking for a way to do a suspension calibration on a 2013 model S with mcu2 and SW 2022.36.
I do have an laptop with toolbox 2 on my hand. Is it possible to this calibration with toolbox 2? If someone can give me a hint I would really appreciate :)
thx
I’m afraid toolbox 2 doesn’t work with MCU2, you need toolbox 3, and that one basically runs in the car, so it’s much harder to hack.

Why do you want to calibrate the suspension? Is the car not level? If it helps, check the brackets holding the sensors. My car had one bracket bent. I straightened it by hand, and now it’s level.

Reactions: Hamen
i believe AP1 cars always had it enabled...
whats the issue
i believe AP1 cars always had it enabled...
whats the issue?
Nope you had to pay tesla $2500 at time of delivery to activate software or in today world now with tax it’s $3200. They gave a free one month trial back in 2016 but that was it. And yeah just trying to tinker with gateway config to enable ap

• Informative
Reactions: brainhouston
I’m afraid toolbox 2 doesn’t work with MCU2, you need toolbox 3, and that one basically runs in the car, so it’s much harder to hack.

Why do you want to calibrate the suspension? Is the car not level? If it helps, check the brackets holding the sensors. My car had one bracket bent. I straightened it by hand, and now it’s level.
It’s a long story, I got the rear DU replaced and the suspension went crazy. Tesla did a suspension calibration, it helped quit a bit but it’s it’s still re-leveling all the time. Recently I got some new links and now the car is not level. my thought was to repogram the suspension to get it level. I’m can’t figure out how to bent the bracket, seems to be quiet robust, I’m not able to bent it.

The only way to be sure it won't be deactivated is if it's already rooted and had Tesla access disabled, or if you have that done after buying. Once it's rooted you can just enable SC.
Ok thanks. I’m going to see it tomorrow , so just doing some background research. Seller says it works cos he’s taken the car offline. So Tesla can’t make changes. Was also wandering would all internet services work ok? Navigation etc ?

Ok thanks. I’m going to see it tomorrow , so just doing some background research. Seller says it works cos he’s taken the car offline. So Tesla can’t make changes. Was also wandering would all internet services work ok? Navigation etc ?
He probably removed the LTE module or disconnected the antennas, which would achieve the same thing but the car will not have internet access. You'd need to have a rooter disable the Tesla access if you want it online without SC being disabled, then reconnect LTE.

The only way to be sure it won't be deactivated is if it's already rooted and had Tesla access disabled, or if you have that done after buying. Once it's rooted you can just enable SC.
Pretty sure its already rooted, if it has SC re-enabled.
He probably removed the LTE module or disconnected the antennas, which would achieve the same thing but the car will not have internet access. You'd need to have a rooter disable the Tesla access if you want it online without SC being disabled, then reconnect LTE.
Doubt it. With root u can just lock tesla out but leave app access/internet working. Mine is working this way. No updates tho.

But word of caution, Tesla can still Permanently disable SC even if u rooted, see here:

Better to stay away n use other DC chargers. At the very least, stay away from V3 SCs.

Reactions: M0rpH3x
Pretty sure its already rooted, if it has SC re-enabled.

Doubt it. With root u can just lock tesla out but leave app access/internet working. Mine is working this way. No updates tho.

But word of caution, Tesla can still Permanently disable SC even if u rooted, see here:

Better to stay away n use other DC chargers. At the very least, stay away from V3 SCs.
It's possible it was never disabled, like on my Model S.

Then you're lucky n somehow slipped thru the cracks :)
Most ppl posting here on TMC say Tesla frequently goes thru whatever database n removes SC from Salvage cars...
I think the 12v died rather quickly after the crash, and it sat unpowered at the salvage yard. Never let it connect to Tesla, immediately disconnected LTE so I could have it powered when I needed to while working on it.

• Informative
I think the 12v died rather quickly after the crash, and it sat unpowered at the salvage yard. Never let it connect to Tesla, immediately disconnected LTE so I could have it powered when I needed to while working on it.
well yeah that would work but most salvage yards/auctions try to jump start to get ODO n ck if it "Runs&drives" or "Starts (wakes up?)"
So chances are slim unless car has no key or blown pyro...

• Informative
Reactions: Synthax