Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salvage Car Owners Support Group.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FUSC is reinstated upon a successful inspection, as the SC told me.

Attachments

• CB133FDB-2288-441A-9B2D-96593DE7A819.jpeg
    CB133FDB-2288-441A-9B2D-96593DE7A819.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 108
I’m really happy to give you all this info and run all these tests, but I’m a bit screwed that I can’t pass the inspection in Europe. If anyone has ideas to share on how to do this without breaking the bank, I’d gladly give up root and embrace Tesla big-brotherish supervision of my car.

I will not do anything unethical. I will happily re-enable supercharging because the car had it originally, and therefore it was paid for. (once I ascertain it is safe to do so, which is why I suspect Tesla disables it)

If you were to get a battery pack from a Ludicrous car, and install it into an older P85D, I would be happy to enable it for you in that case, but if you have a car/pack that Ludicrous was not paid for, I will not enable it. (Besides, in many cases this requires hardware)

Likewise, if you had a car without navigation, but get the navigation capable SD card and Gyro board from the MCU of another car, I will be happy to program it. We are not depriving Tesla of any revenue, and simply moving parts around.

I fully support Tesla and their mission. I don't agree with some of their policies, but I do my best to do the right thing.
Can you help me out with my 2017 model x willing to pay

hi, i need to remove the wiper arms and tried various tools from autozone/advance auto but the collar is too wide than the puller from these two stores. Does anyone have a better way or a better compatible tool to pull it out. Thanks

Attachments

• PXL_20230101_194005709.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230101_194005709.MP.jpg
    501 KB · Views: 63
hi, i need to remove the wiper arms and tried various tools from autozone/advance auto but the collar is too wide than the puller from these two stores. Does anyone have a better way or a better compatible tool to pull it out. Thanks

I used a channel lock/vice grip like this video. Loosen the nut but leave it on to grip against. Or probably will work much better if put on a hex nut that provide better grip for the channel lock/vice grip rather than the rounded top nut on the car.

Stuck Wiper Arm - Easy Removal Method - YouTube

Also used a fastener remover to help but avoid high leverage against the plastic cowl (glass underneath). There is a rubber cap underneath to protect the rotor spindle from water corrosion. Be careful to not rip that.

Amazon.com: XBRN Auto Trim Removal Tool Kit, Fastener Car Panel Door Window Tool, Auto Clip Fastener Remover Pry Tool, Clip Puller Rivet Removal Tool : Automotive

First time was the hardest. I guess from corroded fitting over the years. 2nd time a few days later much easier. Need to work it at different angles to get it loose.

Reactions: nagev1
Thanks for the reply but I came across a youtube video right after I posted the above concern. One of the comments said to release the pressure on the spring loaded arm by push puling it up at the bend and I should be able to wiggle it out. I tried that and got both arms off within a minute of wiggling them back n forth. So much time wasted running around for the tools lol.

Reactions: henderrj
I've a new problem and was wondering if there's a way to completely power down a 2015 Model S from under the hood?

I unplugged the big connectors on both sides of the a-pillar in my quest to remove the headliner and decided to move the car slightly ahead. Upon turning it on (press brakes and tried to reverse) a bunch of warning messages came up and the cars e-brake activated. However the dashboard message indicated it wasn't and the car wouldn't move. I then got out and closed the doors by mistake and now it won't open. The car apparently is still in drive and so the doors/windows won't open either with the key fob or the remote app. Is there a way to extrude the door handles or completely power off the car from under the hood (I'd left it open).