Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

San Antonio Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, it is starting to look like this is a done deal.

My question is, will there also be a Supercharger at this location? It is ~140 miles from the Columbus SpC, so the spacing might be reasonable. There sure isn't much in the vacinity for amenities, though...

My question is, will there also be a Supercharger at this location? It is ~140 miles from the Columbus SpC, so the spacing might be reasonable. There sure isn't much in the vacinity for amenities, though...

It's also about 50-60 miles from the the San Marcos SpC and 95-100 miles from Three Rivers SpC, as well as being about 95-100 miles from the projected SpC site around Junction. Not too bad for an area that has a fairly significant amount of elevation change and is known for prevailing winds a good part of the year. Since it is speculated that this will be both a showroom & service center, I'm feeling pretty confident that in assuming there will be superchargers at this location. As for local amenities, when it come to superchargers at service centers, it's not really a priority because the existence of the superchargers is centered around the existence of the showroom/service center rather than being located there specifically as a travel assistance SpC location. It's more gravy than meat, although in this case, much needed moisture for some very, very dry roast, for sure. :)

At this point I would be glad to have it anywhere, as I am sure Tesla is after years of trying. The two initial sites (1604/281 & 1604/I-10), were much better from a amenities point of view. Hopefully this will be the site that gets their foot in the door and impresses upon the city council the need to be more open and less swayed by dealers going forward. The initial service center in Austin wasn't the greatest, compared to what they just opened up.

PS - I know the official reasons for non-approval said nothing about local dealers, but you have to wonder....

It's also about 50-60 miles from the the San Marcos SpC and 95-100 miles from Three Rivers SpC, as well as being about 95-100 miles from the projected SpC site around Junction. Not too bad for an area that has a fairly significant amount of elevation change and is known for prevailing winds a good part of the year. Since it is speculated that this will be both a showroom & service center, I'm feeling pretty confident that in assuming there will be superchargers at this location. As for local amenities, when it come to superchargers at service centers, it's not really a priority because the existence of the superchargers is centered around the existence of the showroom/service center rather than being located there specifically as a travel assistance SpC location. It's more gravy than meat, although in this case, much needed moisture for some very, very dry roast, for sure. :)

Do the Service Centers with Superchargers usually have restrooms available 24/7? The SA location is about a 10 minute walk to the nearest restaurants. I don't see anything with 24/7 facilities.

Do the Service Centers with Superchargers usually have restrooms available 24/7? The SA location is about a 10 minute walk to the nearest restaurants. I don't see anything with 24/7 facilities.

That is pretty much hit or miss, as far as I know. The SvC on the north side of Houston has a hospitality/lounge area that was supposed to eventually be available 24 hours with them sending you the passcode to unlock the door when you hooked up after hours, but I don't know if that has ever been implemented. Last I heard, it was still only open during business hours. I've heard of other SvCs that have this same feature. It would seem logical that, if they recognize that the SpCs at the SvC will be used heavily for travel assistance, they will add this feature to the SvC/showroom, especially it the pickings are slim in the immediate area.

• Informative
Reactions: BerTX

I think there will be but only because there appears to be a SpC on the 2016 Tesla SpC map in San Antonio.

Drove through the parking lot of the museum yesterday. No activity to report, unless the fact that they are still occupying the building and there is no sign of any packing up to move out counts as "activity".

The whole frontage road is under construction (unrelated), so access is less than ideal. I did notice that there is really limited access from I-10. Coming from the north/west requires driving down the feeder about 2 miles. From the south/east it requires looping back. Not exactly an easy on/off, but still a great building and a nice, shaded spot for a Supercharger installation...

Drove through the parking lot of the museum yesterday. No activity to report, unless the fact that they are still occupying the building and there is no sign of any packing up to move out counts as "activity".

The whole frontage road is under construction (unrelated), so access is less than ideal. I did notice that there is really limited access from I-10. Coming from the north/west requires driving down the feeder about 2 miles. From the south/east it requires looping back. Not exactly an easy on/off, but still a great building and a nice, shaded spot for a Supercharger installation...

Thanks for checking, one of the articles I read on the new SvC indicated that construction would start on Nov 1st and end by Dec 1st. I suspect that changes (emptying of) within the museum won't start until the deal has been signed. So, I'm guessing that it has not been signed yet. Hopefully soon! I agree with the challenge of entering and exiting the facility, hoping it's much improved after the service road construction has been completed -

Thanks for checking, one of the articles I read on the new SvC indicated that construction would start on Nov 1st and end by Dec 1st. I suspect that changes (emptying of) within the museum won't start until the deal has been signed. So, I'm guessing that it has not been signed yet. Hopefully soon! I agree with the challenge of entering and exiting the facility, hoping it's much improved after the service road construction has been completed -

I don't think they are adding exits/entrances, are they? My suspicion is that they will slowly eliminate the two-way traffic on the feeders in that area, and the construction is just an excuse for doing that.

The SvC on the north side of Houston has a hospitality/lounge area that was supposed to eventually be available 24 hours with them sending you the passcode to unlock the door when you hooked up after hours, but I don't know if that has ever been implemented.
OT I know, but the story from Sales there is resistance from the landlord to installing a code lock for access.

Drove by the E-watch location purported to be the site of the SA Service Center. No sign of any moving activity on the part of the Museum. More importantly, there is a large real estate company sign from Endura Advisory Group.

Does this indicate that the lease of the property fell through? I think maybe, but the sign doesn't say "available" or "for lease", just call for information.

Checked on progress at the E-watch location. No moving activity was apparent on the part of the Museum, and certainly no remodelling started on the site.

The real estate sign that was there on my last visit is now gone. Maybe that is a slight glimmer of hope that there may still be something developing at this location, but I personally have lost faith in this going through.

Yep, the building appears empty. There are still some vehicles and small moving trucks in the lot. No sign of construction yet.

I'm optimistic that this is actually happening! I'll check back after the holidays. I doubt they'd will be any serious work done until after the 1st.

Another sign that San Antonio may be closer than ever: San Antonio service center is now listed as an installation option for the Arachnid wheels for the referral program that just ended. Interestingly it isn't listed as an option under the Tesla Gear website.